Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Dialing out and SMS trouble.

I'm having problems dialing out and sending text messages.

When I try to call someone I have to end and retry calling 5 to 10 times before it finally goes through.

And text messages will say sending for 3 to 5 minutes before it finally says it was sent.

I don't know what to do to fix it. I have done *228 I don't know how many times. Also did 2 factory resets. One from settings and the other from recovery. Still have same problem. Any one know how to fix it? Thanks..

Sent from my ADR3010 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

Did you put a new lockscreen on it? Have you downloaded an app that wants too many permissions? Did you use a different app for your dialer? When you reinstalled, did you wipe something first? I see that you were looking for the stock rom, maybe that was set up for a gsm network. Is the fota app still there? I somewhat had that problem, I found out a app was interfering with the dialer, trying to be first (lowering it's oom value, to be the first thing the os saw). Titanium backup pro, and Clean master(just use cache, clean nothing else), may help, you'd be surprised how much junk you have on it. Don't use anything from the alcatel 995.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

If nothing works, try the flasher's forum, they may have an answer.
    Last edited by reggjoo; 06-14-2013 at 10:22 PM.

I forgot about the FotaApp. I restored my backup from tibu and made a few calls and haven't had to redial any if them yet. I think grooveip messed something up when I was playing with it. Curiosity really does kill the cat or in this case the phone.. Thanks for the suggestions Reggioo. Now to test SMS..

Well, Its all working perfect. Restored FotaApp and fixed everything. Thanks again Reggioo. You da man..

Last edited by Eaglewtchr; 06-15-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

Glad I could help, the fota app is for ota updates(you may already know this, may help others). Watch out for the privint init file, don't really know what' that about, might have something to do with the bootloader(can't find concrete info on internet, just that it's Linux related.).

Is that the same as the privint.apk file? Of it is try freezing it in tibu.. Some sites say you can remove it some say not to. All of them arnt sure what it does..

Last edited by Eaglewtchr; 06-17-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

Yes, just forgot the exact name. Even wikipedia doesn't have a explanation for it. It's not a large file, so I wouldn't delete it. The only stuff I see is it included in code on github.

Just guessing here.. Could it have something to do with Provisions or something? Since nobody knows what it does I don't want to freeze it and my phone.. Just a thought since most apk's are named for what they do or are for.

I did see a couple posts on XDA and they were saying that the privinit.apk has something to do with VPN. If that helps any..

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

I just leave that alone, don't want to mess with a virtual network setting. As far as the boot loader goes, I've decided to leave that alone. There may be a way to still mess with it using something called "casual" , that I read up on xda, (another thing called xposed, won't work with anything lower than 4.0) .

Is there a way to change or lower the oom value of the fotaapp? I'm still having a few issues with receiving SMS. Incoming calls work just fine. Outgoing it takes 5-10 seconds for it to go thru. Once in a while I have to re-dial before a call will go out. Outgoing SMS takes 3-5 seconds to send. I have restored fotaapp several times. Its better than it was but not like it should. Thanks..

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

Not really sure you can without, decompilng, then finding a setting for it, then recompilng it. If you have a file manager, like root explorer, it's in the /system/app folder, and called jrdfota.apk.The permission settings for it, are "owner r/w" ," group r" ,"others r"( where r means read, and w means write. If you open it in"view" mode , you can open the AndroidManifest.xml file , and see if there's a setting for it. I read it, and found a category in there for something called "launchMode" it says 2 , and a category called " <activity configChanges="192" ". That's what's inside my fota, maybe check to see if yours are the same. The only other thing I can think of, if there's some conflict, between the fota app, and something else.Even though I never applied any of their ota updates, I downloaded them . Maybe fota needs a workout, download , but don't install. Might work. Hate their updates though , blockbreaker is in them, that was the first one I got rid of, after it was rooted.

Everything is the same as yours. Here's what's weird. I can call people they can call me. I can text anyone but when someone texts me I WONT get it until I make or receive a call. I don't know how to fix that. Hoping you might be able to give me a solution for it. Thank you..

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

Did you do the*228 thingy, notification settings? Are you using the stock messaging app? It seems like, it has nothing to do with the fota app. Cricket's good for causing confusion. I was at walmart the other day, and went to connect to the internet, webpage said something about tethering being on(it wasn't). Couldn't surf at all, just saying something about paying for tethering. Think it was a ploy for extra charges. Turned off, put phone in pocket, kept shopping, left, turned on, and things went back to normal. Maybe cricket unregistered something. Try asking this in the flasher's forum, someone in there should know.

I think I got this figured out. Maybe. My bill just rolled and my texts are coming in. I'm thinking that texting has to do something with data speed. I managed to use up my 2.5 gig of full-speed data and was throttled and texts wouldn't come thru. Now that my bill rolled texts are flying in. Can someone verify that texts and data speed have anything to do with each other?

Thread Information