Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: ICS Upgrade???

Overall activity: 0%

ICS Upgrade???

I found a site that has everything to root, cwm, and upgrade to ICS for the Alcatel OT-995. Now, Since I can't find anything that say's that the Authority and the OT-995 are different could we not use the OT-995 files and use them with the Authority?? Here is the site I found..

Alcatel One Touch OT-995 Firmware Upgrade Android 4.0.4 ICS

Please let me know if it's possible to do this with the Authority.. Thanks..

2. Remove this advertisement.

I guess nobody knows? I dont see why it wouldn't. Both phines are the same and both are CDMA and not one cdma and one gsm like the Mercury i had. Someone let me know if this will work..

Sent from my ADR3010 using Tapatalk 2

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

U highly doubt it'll work

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I dont see why it wouldn't work. They are identical phones just re-branded. Same CPU, GPU, Memory, Rom, everythig is the same. I just dont want to be the first to try it just on the slight chance that it dont work. My wife would kill me if i bricked my "New" phone.

If there are any DEV's that can give me some insite as to if this will work or not i would appreciate it. Thanks..

I did find that the OT-995 is the CDMA vers. of the the OT-996 which is GSM.. So, if we have the the re-branded OT-995 it should work. That is if there's someone braver than I that wants to try it.

Customer Since
    oct 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglewtchr View Post
    I did find that the OT-995 is the CDMA vers. of the the OT-996 which is GSM.. So, if we have the the re-branded OT-995 it should work. That is if there's someone braver than I that wants to try it.

Im brave enough ill try it this weekend LOL.
    I'll let you know what happens stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by scottccal343 View Post
    Cool. Thanks. My wife would kill me if i killed my new phone..

Quote Originally Posted by scottccal343 View Post
    Any luck on getting it to work?

Still waiting.. Any news??

Ok, I've been playing with this. I can use adb with the phone. I just cant get past the Bootloader into fastboot. Adb devices shows the phone. Fastboot wont recognize the phone in the Bootloader (like its supposed to be used). I cant figure out how to get Fastboot to recognize the phone. If i can get into fastboot thete is an option in the cwm file to Boot into the recovery file without flashing it. Just need some help getting fastboot to work..

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglewtchr View Post
    Ok, I've been playing with this. I can use adb with the phone. I just cant get past the Bootloader into fastboot. Adb devices shows the phone. Fastboot wont recognize the phone in the Bootloader (like its supposed to be used). I cant figure out how to get Fastboot to recognize the phone. If i can get into fastboot thete is an option in the cwm file to Boot into the recovery file without flashing it. Just need some help getting fastboot to work..

Did you ever get your Alcatel Authority upgraded from Gingerbread, Eaglewtchr?

Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Did you ever get your Alcatel Authority upgraded from Gingerbread, Eaglewtchr?
    No. I never could figure out how to unlock the bootloader.. I'm just glad we have a working root. I gave up on trying to get this to work before i brick my phone and my wife kills me..

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

The authority is a cdma version, the 995 is gsm, watch out trying to put the clockworkmod for the 995. Be sure, if you try to read up on this, xda davelopers has a couple of threads for the 995. Remember, cricket uses cdma networks. I've asked in the 995 thread on using their clockworkmod, and the response was if the partitions, and voltages were the same, then maybe. If you have Adb running on your pc just right, you can get a GUI called QtAdb, to overlay on top of it, instead of using terminal commands. On the phone, after QtAdb is installed on the pc, put 'chainfire's' ADb insecure, it will open /data, and /cache folders( be careful with the advanced section, the bootloader is locked, and these commands are for better recoveries than what's on the phone.). The best thing we can do for this phone, is bug these other sites, that have experienced peeps, to take an interest, or find the exact source code, to use clockworkmods builder.

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

Oh , fastboot will only work in recovery, or if phones on. I use su root tools, and andoid root toolkit, when phone's on, QtAdb, while in recovery, it will do most things, except boot from bootloader(gotta pull battery, after phones in bootloader, can't do anything with it, cause bootloader's locked.).
    Last edited by reggjoo; 03-26-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Thats my whole problem. I can't figure out how to unlock the bootloader. This upgrade comes with CWM but has an option to Run CWM or flash it. If i can get the bootloader unlocked and CWM will Run then it should be flashable. Just have to get the bootloader unlocked.

From my understanding the 995 and 996 are the same phone just one is GSM and the other is CDMA. Just not for sure.

If someone can figure out how to unlock the bootloader please let me know...

Thread Information