Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

Red face Just got an alcatel authority, need the in's+outs on it.

Just received my authority, decent lil bugger. Iv'e used a huawei ascend up to now, rooted, romed, manipulated, for over two years. Well, you can only take something so far, til there's not much more you can do to it. As much as I liked my ascend, it's time for new frontiers. I hope the development starts early for this one.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Well since youre one of the fisrt here to get it, why dont you review it for us. Put it through its paces and tell us how it performs, post some pics, etc. The community would appreciate a look at this new phone I am sure.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

there are no windows drivers for it yet (even on alcatel website), but can be rooted thru linux

it is actually quite a good phone to use, kinda wish i still had one to play with, maybe i'll go and pick one up. no roms that i know of as yet.

do NOT try z4root..... it will not work, i tried many times, lol

personally i could quite easily compare this phone to the merc, but i think the mercs screen quality is better although the bigger screen on the alcatel is a big plus
    Last edited by Rites; 10-19-2012 at 02:38 PM.

You can use PDAnet to get the drivers

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Some devs should jump on this. Cheap device, runs alright, and readily available.

I tried a version of SuperOneClick that had rooted the GSM version (OT-995) in the past. No dice though.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

I like it, it's,well,much faster than my old 860, the id's for this phone should be general manufacturer id's(hopefully). Going from 600megahertz, to 1.4Ghz, is a big deal. Radio shack wanted me to pay $50, on top of the phone price, at their store, so I ordered it online, activated, and transferred my cricket account to it for free. Radio shack is a money whore.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by reggjoo View Post
    I like it, it's,well,much faster than my old 860, the id's for this phone should be general manufacturer id's(hopefully). Going from 600megahertz, to 1.4Ghz, is a big deal. Radio shack wanted me to pay $50, on top of the phone price, at their store, so I ordered it online, activated, and transferred my cricket account to it for free. Radio shack is a money whore.
    Cricket corporate has the same policy. There's no margin on just the phone I'm betting.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 10-22-2012 at 07:28 AM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

That's why I did it that way, no way was I gonna pay for something that I already got!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Oops actually I was talking about the V8000. I've purchased both recently. They would have let me put that on my existing account.

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

The sd card is 8mb, with 6 of it dedicated to muve? wtf! I copied the 2mb, of real data to an old 4mb card, and use that now. Superone click, won't even run on my comp, Z4root, and a few more, failed. XDA, Androidforums, even Unleashedprepaids, seem to not care, this is a decent phone. I don't know too much about what to use in ubuntu(adb,sdk, and eclipse installed, somehow lost Qtadb) to root the phone. I miss not using my titaniumbackup..sigh.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

SDcard is 4GB with 3GB for Muve and 1GB for user. You can replace it and lose the Muve Music of course.

I'm willing to bet between the Ascend Q, Alcatel Authority, and ZTE Engage that I have, someone can root one of those devices.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    SDcard is 4GB with 3GB for Muve and 1GB for user. You can replace it and lose the Muve Music of course.

I'm willing to bet between the Ascend Q, Alcatel Authority, and ZTE Engage that I have, someone can root one of those devices.
    the radioshack devices come with the 8GB Muve music card. 6GB for Muve, and 2GB for personal use. why it is divided that way is beyond my understanding. I would have chose 4/4 and 2/2 for them. maybe it was in the agreement with samsung/sandisk, or the music companies.

i would try zerg rush on the 2.3 devices. maybe oriax's rooting tool. . . unless some dev picks up one of them off the cool new market section on this site. they may require custom tweaks or perhaps alcatal used some backwards methods like huawai does.

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

Just got a class 10,16Gb PNY micro, I notice load times are quicker, and it's smoother, Rom manager, and Superuser apps are ready for the time it's rooted. I wonder, since I can get to the lowmemorykiller file , if I can change it without root. I use eclipse to do that.

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

Hope someone finds a way to root this, even in linux, I can't, except a long, drawn out , unsafe way, that I refuse to do. I've tried most of the other exploits, except superoneclick, it's not installing right. If anybody's tried this, please let us know, pass, or fail.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by reggjoo View Post
    Hope someone finds a way to root this, even in linux, I can't, except a long, drawn out , unsafe way, that I refuse to do. I've tried most of the other exploits, except superoneclick, it's not installing right. If anybody's tried this, please let us know, pass, or fail.
    Fail. There was even a version with a root method that worked on the GSM version at one time. Users there were starting to see the same error I was though.

"failed to symlink" alcapwn.c

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information