Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Nandroid Backup.

Ok, I got Online Nandroid Backup from the play store and it backed up everything. Worked like a charm. But, It makes a CWM backup that isn't the Update.zip. Now, Here's the question. How would I go about making the stock recovery re-install the backup since we don't have a CWM for this phone yet? If all I have to do is compress it into a Update.zip file that would be great. If that's all I have to do then I will make a Stock restore and post it. Thanks..

Sent from my ADR3010 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglewtchr View Post
    Ok, I got Online Nandroid Backup from the play store and it backed up everything. Worked like a charm. But, It makes a CWM backup that isn't the Update.zip. Now, Here's the question. How would I go about making the stock recovery re-install the backup since we don't have a CWM for this phone yet? If all I have to do is compress it into a Update.zip file that would be great. If that's all I have to do then I will make a Stock restore and post it. Thanks..

I believe you need a special key in update.zip files. Are you rooted by chance?

Sent from my Kanged 1.89GHz Cricket S3
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Yes. Been rooted since the day I got it. Never had the restore on my muve music card(read somewhere it was there). So I'm trying to make my own. I figured out the Nand backup. Just trying to find out if I can just zip up the backup and name it Update.zip and our Stock Recovery read and install it or if its going to require CWM to actually restore it. Or what I need to do to make it work..

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

Yes, it's the key('s) that has to match, if the recovery can't locate, or read the key numbers, it won't install. I would read up on this first, and see the solutions, to make sure they match. It won't hurt your phone if it doesn't install, no changes are made. Just in case you try to install the clockworkmod for the ot995(same phone, but on the GSM network, and slightly different body) , it won't install, tried it, and it's because the keys don't match.
    Last edited by reggjoo; 04-19-2013 at 11:30 AM. Reason: more info

Well, As far as that goes I don't know what I'm doing. Here is what I have done so far..

Got Online Nandroid Backup from market and made a backup.

Got Nandroid Manager from market and compressed it and renamed it to Update.zip.

Here's what I'm trying to do..

Reinstall the Update.zip thru current stock Recovery(volume+ and power). Just not sure if it will install or not. Cause if I brick my phone my wife will kill me cause I just got it in February..

So, That's where I'm stuck.. Any suggestions???

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

I have always done through custom recovery both back up and restore

My only thought would be. If the stock recovery works in the same manor as CWM as far as restoring. In other words. Read and install the same way.. I just don't know if it does.. Someone with more knowledge on CWM might know..

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglewtchr View Post
    My only thought would be. If the stock recovery works in the same manor as CWM as far as restoring. In other words. Read and install the same way.. I just don't know if it does.. Someone with more knowledge on CWM might know..

CWM does work in the way of stock in the aspect that it can apply update.zip however stock recoveries look for a specific security key to apply the update. Is the Authority a locked bootloader? If unsure, are you rooted? I might be able to get a custom recovery going but it would be untested and could possibly brick yiur phone. I only have 2 Cricket phones I'm my arsenal to test with. 1 being the S3 other is LG Optimus C

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

That's the problem with this phone, locked bootloader, barebones recovery. I read somewhere, you can apply the key(s) you need to the file, before you apply it. Don't know how to do it, but you can. I tried the clockworkmod for the alcatel 995(similar,except for radio), and named it update.zip , but it was a no/go(keys didn't match).

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Got ya... has the bootloader been successfully unlocked on the other device? If it has and you can get me a link to a thread on xda or rootz I can look into it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    Got ya... has the bootloader been successfully unlocked on the other device? If it has and you can get me a link to a thread on xda or rootz I can look into it for you

The only thing I have found for the ot-995 is at
    WWW.alcatelot995.com

.. Not sure if it will help. It just gives the files to root and upgrade the 995 to ICS 4.0.4.. Doesn't say anything about unlocking the bootloader. There is a file there called root-alcatel.zip that has a way to boot into cwm instead of flashing it. Fastboot doesn't find anything when the phone is in the bootloader. (Volume down and power). Hope it helps...

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

**facepalms** oh no... 2nd init. Takes me back to my Droid X days. Basically it would bootstrap the recovery and allow you to boot into it from the OS but not from a powered off state. Interesting thought though... We had a hijacked boot menu on the DX that was nothing short of amazing. You could OC from in it, boot recovery, go into the boot loader, tweak it, and all kinds of stuff. Shame it wouldn't work for the Authority

If the bootloader is locked and it's all bootstrapped and 2nd init, your battery life will really turn to crap. As far as ICS for that device, there's 2 files for sure that would have to be swapped out to make the phone work but idk if you could take one from a GB rom(thinking no).

They really have this one locked down. Atleast we have root..

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

That's how my droid x was. I'll do some homework for you guys

Great. We appreciate any help you can give. I've been all over Google and github and haven't found anything. I hope you have better luck..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information