Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO

Got a cheap mifi 2200 from ebay (and oddly enough, despite the cheap price, it was in like new condition, included all cables, box, and documentation!) and was able to get it going in a few minutes, thanks for the great guide!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

will this work on a tablet as well ? to piggy back i mean?

Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by ganjamatik View Post
    will this work on a tablet as well ? to piggy back i mean?
    Yes it will work for your tablet.

im trying to but on boost mobile everything is sticking except i erase the special settings in ppc and the keep re writing themselves how do i stio it from rewriting

Question Boostmobile ?

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    im trying to but on boost mobile everything is sticking except i erase the special settings in ppc and the keep re writing themselves how do i stio it from rewriting

Did you get it to work with boost?

mifi 2200 on boost

yes i did i invested in cdma workshop 3.8 it works wonders is worth the investment but make sure you copy everything from the phone exactly the same word for word from the mip and ppp and make sure to use two data profiles profile 0 and profile 1 verizon uses only 1 if you dont want to invest in cdma workshop download free version of dfs free version is pretty good but paid version of cdma is woth it

Question re:Boostmobile

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    yes i did i invested in cdma workshop 3.8 it works wonders is worth the investment but make sure you copy everything from the phone exactly the same word for word from the mip and ppp and make sure to use two data profiles profile 0 and profile 1 verizon uses only 1 if you dont want to invest in cdma workshop download free version of dfs free version is pretty good but paid version of cdma is woth it

Sorry to all the cricket readers I found this piece of info here and no where else and I don't mean to hijack your thread Just one last question to 80sbaby I got the add the two profiles and copy everything in mip and ppp areas but on the ha shared keys and aaa keys , where exactly do I placed them? Very new to cdma programming and looking to find my way around. I have managed to extract my aaa and ha hex keys. Do i simply input them as hex in its corroesponding fields in the profile areas? I am using QPST at the moment and I am considering cdma workshop investment. Also are there any data issues as far as you using the mifi and your phone? Do you need to put the phone in airplane mode or not? I may try again tomorrow. Thanks again for all the info!

I don't want to tick anyone here off discussion too much about boost after this step if you still don't understand you need to pm me but I hate to tell you that if you are trying to do everything from qpst you will fail but ha and aaa must be in hex format not string format and yes they go in mip/ profile 0 and 1 ha is always the same aaa should be different where it say ha and aaa and no no problems only occasional disconnects and have to reconnect phone does not have to be off nor does it interfere with existing services if you need farther assistance pm me
    Last edited by 80sbaby; 04-16-2012 at 07:55 AM. Reason: add info

can anybody help me out i have been trying to get one of these working and it will work just fine for a few minutes then goes to a

https://web.cricket.clearmode.com/

.... error page that states they dont allow tethering- im definitely on the android plan - i have successful;ly done this witha tablet and it works great but on this hotspot device i REPEATEDLY get that error even when i try other family members acocunt info who are on android plan- thanks ahead of time!!

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO

Are you getting this error page on a computer? I'd guess that you are, and that this error is unrelated to using the mifi, and more to do with using Cricket data from a computer and not a mobile device. You'd probably get this error even using your android phone as a hotspot when connecting with a PC through it.
    Best way I can think around this, would be to set the user agent of your desktop/PC browser to a mobile device, then, as far as Cricket knows, you're connecting from a mobile device, which is allowed (and ethically, you're connecting to a mobile version of the webpage, which uses less data than the full desktop version)
    Or, if you used a phone or table's wifi connection to connect to the mifi, that should work fine since they are seen as mobile devices

i appreciate ur reply- the weird thinmg is that i have done these before for a few friends and those all worked fine- only now do i get that error trying to do any more of them and yes its on the pc that i get that error- i am UNABLE to get rid of it i tried changing user agent on pc and all.... whats weird is i can use wireless tether on any of my android phones no problem- is there any further steps i can try to resolve this thx sooo much for even replying

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Got the unlock code! I'm currently cloning info over from another Cricket device, we'll see if it works =)
    Hey Merlin... did you figure out how to get the SPC code for your Sprint Mifi? I'd like to do the same with my Virgin Mobile Mifi 2200.

Customer Since
    N/A

I'm going to purchase a Mifi 2200 asap and begin testing but have a couple questions. I don't believe I can get a cricket signal where I live so my goals are a little different, I would like to activate a prepaid Verizon phone then copy the info over to the mifi, getting unlimited data for $50/mo.

I'm new to flashing but have been reading a ton of info, I know I could swap the MEID from the prepaid over to another verizon phone before activation and use the basic plans unlimited for 3g on a smartphone. But what i hope to do here is essentially the same procedure that you've done only I wont need to change the .PRL? Anything else I'll not need to worry about?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

With the new share family plans, it'd probably be easier to add a hotspot for 10 bucks a month if you can get the contract plans.

If you don't go the illegal route and change ESNs, you'll have to see if they accept that ESN in general for prepaid. It might be late, and I might be wrong...

You will also need to know the password fields. I haven't looked into my phones to see what method they use to fill those fields...
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    N/A

Ah right, I didn't think about the ESN not being accepted for prepaid. the new plans are ridiculous IMO, I'll never go post paid again, especially with Verizon.

I'll keep digging for other alternatives, I don't have any other broadband options where I live so having limited data packages is out of the question, and verizon is the only real signal I can get.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information