Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

[VIDEO] Verizon HTC Droid DNA Unboxing (CDMA/LTE/Quad Band GSM/Unlocked)

This phone has great specifications and is unlocked. Putting it on Cricket doesn't look to be too difficult as I already was able to get the "Welcome to Cricket" message.

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    08-08
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

Im so jealous right now i gotta get one of those

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Verified... Works on Cricket as well.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Phone
    Htc Droid Dna/S3

Flashing htc dna

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Verified... Works on Cricket as well.
    I just picked up the dna yesterday with the hopes of having it flashed to cricket. So as soon as you figure it out please let us know. Also will it be able to get 4G with it being flashed to cricket, when cricket launches it?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by jamiechasser View Post
    I just picked up the dna yesterday with the hopes of having it flashed to cricket. So as soon as you figure it out please let us know. Also will it be able to get 4G with it being flashed to cricket, when cricket launches it?
    I did figure it out. Not too hard. I'll post a tutorial hopefully this weekend.

It doesn't support the LTE band Cricket uses and the Cricket SIM card refuses to play nice with non Cricket phones in general.

AWS carriers are using that spectrum for LTE as well I believe. So Metro and Tmobile. US Cellular too maybe since the Cricket S3 has the same model number.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Re: [VIDEO] Verizon HTC Droid DNA Unboxing (CDMA/LTE/Quad Band GSM/Unlocked)

Random Speed Test from Verizon LTE.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Phone
    Htc Droid Dna/S3

I did figure it out. Not too hard. I'll post a tutorial hopefully this weekend.

It doesn't support the LTE band Cricket uses and the Cricket SIM card refuses to play nice with non Cricket phones in general.

AWS carriers are using that spectrum for LTE as well I believe. So Metro and Tmobile. US Cellular too maybe since the Cricket S3 has the same model number.
    So what in your opinion is the best phone available to have on cricket? Dna,s3 or something else? I just want whats gonna perform the best on crickets network.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

If you have 4G available in your area, I'd get the S3. You have to keep in mind though that Cricket's version of the S3 might not get all the cool dev support the other ones do.

Hopefully some people will port the ROMs over though.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Re: [VIDEO] Verizon HTC Droid DNA Unboxing (CDMA/LTE/Quad Band GSM/Unlocked)

Found another reason to like the DNA. The built in inductive charging works through a slim case even.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Htc Droid Dna/S3

Found another reason to like the DNA. The built in inductive charging works through a slim case even.

4G isnt available in my area through cricket yet, i think it well be here in january. I really like the dna and the s3
    Just confused which to go with. Will the dna do well on cricket, or would you still go with the s3?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

The DNA will do well 3G wise. It isn't a cheap phone though. It's already generating a little buzz because of its ability to support other GSM carriers and that it is unlocked straight out of the box.

If 4G is definitely coming to your area, I'd probably hold out a little. I purchased a Cricket S3 last night to do an unboxing, Speed Test, and hopefully root the device. It'll be posted by the end of today.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Htc Droid Dna/S3

The DNA will do well 3G wise. It isn't a cheap phone though. It's already generating a little buzz because of its ability to support other GSM carriers and that it is unlocked straight out of the box.

If 4G is definitely coming to your area, I'd probably hold out a little. I purchased a Cricket S3 last night to do an unboxing, Speed Test, and hopefully root the device. It'll be posted by the end of today.
    I actually already got the dna, picked it up on the launch day. I might go with the s3 eventually, but im gonna wait until you post the flash method for the dna and see how i like it on cricket. Thanks for all your help!

Thread Information