Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 4.0%
    Customer Since
    Jan 2007
    Safely perched at the peak of this bell curve
    Phone
    Iphone 5 w/o lte

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

A few newbie questions, and possibly free cake!

So I haven't flashed anything in seven years and I feel I'm a bit behind the curve. I apologize if this isn't the right area but I'm planning on trading my iphone 5 for a dna tonight and want to be sure I know what I'm getting into.

-What's with mms? Does cricket make it difficult for fun/evil? Will I always have to use mraab's app depending on his support and free time?

-Under what conditions will I need to reflash? I assume I can load a new rom without doing it but if I do a security reset does it wipe the carrier info too?

-Will I have to be loading new prl files every few months or are those auto updated by Cricket? I live near Wyo and I used to have to(seven years ago) load new files when new towers/territories were conquered.

-Are there any flashing headaches down the road that might pop up that you'd like to warn me about?

-Verizon just issued an update, if I flash will I have to reflash to Verizon for these updates in the future or can I just load the files? Or would this work, but people do not post the update files?

I wrote almost two pages of questions but two hours of using the search button left only these gems unanswered, any answers would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by bable; 02-16-2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Refining as questions are answered

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

welcome! i am total newbie at flashing but here is what i can tell ya

-mms should work alright if all the settings are flashed correctly. i am not 100% sure about that though
    -should only ever have to re-flash if the carrier changes settings. or if you change your number or something like that.
    -we have had the same PRL here for like 2 years in my area
    -always something you will come across that causes head-aches
    -some updates check carrier settings, some do not, and some you can download and install.

free cake?!

Overall activity: 4.0%
    Customer Since
    Jan 2007
    Safely perched at the peak of this bell curve
    Phone
    Iphone 5 w/o lte

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    welcome! i am total newbie at flashing but here is what i can tell ya

-mms should work alright if all the settings are flashed correctly. i am not 100% sure about that though
    -should only ever have to re-flash if the carrier changes settings. or if you change your number or something like that.
    -we have had the same PRL here for like 2 years in my area
    -always something you will come across that causes head-aches
    -some updates check carrier settings, some do not, and some you can download and install.

free cake?!
    Hey, thanks for the response! I've heard that the DNA is extra weird about mms and that's my main concern, in fact I haven't actually found a report of someone who has gotten it working through the default app.

Also, lamentably the free cake is of course, a lie.

Thread Information