Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Colors??

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Hey guys. I like this phone. Saw it the other day (thank you Chris Chandler @ the 290 Cricket Wireless location in Houston, TX)

Once there is a way to root it (should be able to unlock the bootloader, but need a custom recovery... someone here can make that), I would change the lcd density in the build.prop to get a little more real estate. The phone is beautiful, but the resolution is fairly low. Turn the density down, and you should be in business!

As far as colors go, I heard they would have to order like 50k units to get another color. Cricket green would be interesting IMO. I'd get it to sit it on my desk as a reminder of this wonderful community we have :-).
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 01-21-2013 at 07:33 AM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

Re: Colors??

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Hey guys. I like this phone. Saw it the other day (thank you Chris Chandler @ the 290 Cricket Wireless location in Houston, TX)

Once there is a way to root it (should be able to unlock the bootloader, but need a custom recovery... someone here can make that), I would change the lcd density in the build.prop to get a little more real estate. The phone is beautiful, but the resolution is fairly low. Turn the density down, and you should be in business!

As far as colors go, I heard they would have to order like 50k units to get another color. Cricket green would be interesting IMO. I'd get it to sit it on my desk as a reminder of this wonderful community we have :-).
    Lmao cricket green?? Nice. But is there anyway you can get your hands on one for a review?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyjp View Post
    That is so...when HTC releases a device for SEVERAL carriers. This model is "exclusive" to cricket in the US. No one and I mean NO ONE else (verizon/att/t-mobile/etc.) have this device. If this remains the case, then this phone is going to be an "orphan" for support. Check XDA and tell me how many cricket DEVS there are.

I needed a faster phone without the 500$+ price tag, and this fills that bill nicely, but as much as I HOPE for quick support, unless HTC steps up with more than the unlocker tool on the htc dev site, this could be a loooong wait. Fortunately cricket has a 30 day return policy, so I'll give it a couple weeks to see if there is any movement. If none, I'll exchange out for the LG 4g device or grind my teeth and fork over the difference for the S3.
    Sprint is supposed to be getting it. And a few carriers over seas had it before us in a dual sim version.

Yeah, I just saw an article about the SV passing through the FCC with Sprint frequencies, so yep, it will be getting more activity. Personally I'm very happy with its performance now, so getting faster/better roms and such will only be a bonus at this point.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Only way I can get it is to pay full price, and I don't even use my Cricket account. My other job is taking all my money away.

Specifically the first car in my picture below.

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 01-21-2013 at 11:34 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Phone
    Tmobile Note 2

chrisngrod;102217]Only way I can get it is to pay full price, and I don't even use my Cricket account. My other job is taking all my money away.

haha nice love the car looks sick i know what you mean dude it takes away all my money too but its something you love right ...... it takes all my money to make her look right

Last edited by MoneyOverEverything; 01-22-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Phone
    Mercury M886

Only way I can get it is to pay full price, and I don't even use my Cricket account. My other job is taking all my money away.

Specifically the first car in my picture below.

Ft86? Nice.... very very nice.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyOverEverything View Post
    chrisngrod;102217]Only way I can get it is to pay full price, and I don't even use my Cricket account. My other job is taking all my money away.

haha nice love the car looks sick i know what you mean dude it takes away all my money too but its something you love right ...... it takes all my money to make her look right
    Cool... What part of Houston do you stay in?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrillBill_Vol1 View Post
    Ft86? Nice.... very very nice.

Yeah Scion FR-S... Vortech supercharger unit is coming in a couple of weeks.

Phone
    Mercury M886

Cool... What part of Houston do you stay in?

Yeah Scion FR-S... Vortech supercharger unit is coming in a couple of weeks.
    Nice...Idk but I'd rather have the fr-s over the BRZ

Customer Since
    Phone
    Tmobile Note 2

i close to downtown area near i10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information