Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HTC One SV

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Feb 2010
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

HTC One SV

Hey guys, first post here I was wondering about buying the SV but I live in Moore, OK and we don't have 4G coverage here. I asked at a store and they told me data would be 3G until they got the towers built, but is that true? I thought phones that have 4G radios in them only ran with 4G or 1X speeds?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Re: HTC One SV

I have an S3 and there's no 4g lte here in St Louis (yet). I've got the sim card so if I'm in an area where there's 4g lte I can pick it up (from what I've been told...Have yet to try)

sent from a Galaxy SIII near you

Customer Since
    Phone
    Tmobile Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by 4lex1.0 View Post
    Hey guys, first post here I was wondering about buying the SV but I live in Moore, OK and we don't have 4G coverage here. I asked at a store and they told me data would be 3G until they got the towers built, but is that true? I thought phones that have 4G radios in them only ran with 4G or 1X speeds?

correct if there is no 4g in your area it will drop to 3g i use to have a galaxy s3 on 4g when i was in areas that werent supported by 4g it drops to 3g which the speeds are still good i would get it i have it and its very nice sleek and feels good while texting with one hand

Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

Since Cricket is CDMA, im really surprised they wont share towers with anyone else...They must really be trying expand themselves

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

HTC One SV

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidGio View Post
    Since Cricket is CDMA, im really surprised they wont share towers with anyone else...They must really be trying expand themselves
    They use Sprints towers too.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Customer Since
    Phone
    Tmobile Note 2

lower companys such as cricket piggy back on sprint and metro pcs piggy back on tmobile so hopefully cricket will have there own towers to bring up there speeds but for sharing it pretty good cant complain for what we pay for cricket service

According to my corporate cricket reps in Denver, they do NOT share with sprint. 4g is rolling out here, but coverage is limited to basically the downtown area at this point. The 3g coverage with the sim card+SV is stellar compared to my last phones with them. Now just waiting for good CWM/TWRP for this one.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Tmobile Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyjp View Post
    According to my corporate cricket reps in Denver, they do NOT share with sprint. 4g is rolling out here, but coverage is limited to basically the downtown area at this point. The 3g coverage with the sim card+SV is stellar compared to my last phones with them. Now just waiting for good CWM/TWRP for this one.

They do share with sprint towers i even talk to my buddy at sprint he told me yes they do give cricket access to use towers
    Cricket Wireless - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The company also went nationwide with roaming agreements on March 23, 2010.[2] In August 2010, Leap Wireless and Sprint Nextel announced a five year agreement that allows Cricket Wireless to offer nationwide 3G service to its customers using Sprint's 3G network.In May 2012, Cricket became the first wireless provider to begin carrying the Apple iPhone available off-contract.

Last edited by MoneyOverEverything; 01-20-2013 at 03:41 AM.

Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

I know we use Sprints towers for 3G but i dont think we use them for 4G because we would likely have 4G in most areas if that was the case

Customer Since
    Phone
    Tmobile Note 2

oh no they dont use them for the 4g service they started to put up there own towers finally if im correct where i am at in houston they put up 2 towers running about $200,000 each

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyOverEverything View Post
    They do share with sprint towers i even talk to my buddy at sprint he told me yes they do give cricket access to use towers
    Cricket Wireless - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The company also went nationwide with roaming agreements on March 23, 2010.[2] In August 2010, Leap Wireless and Sprint Nextel announced a five year agreement that allows Cricket Wireless to offer nationwide 3G service to its customers using Sprint's 3G network.In May 2012, Cricket became the first wireless provider to begin carrying the Apple iPhone available off-contract.
    I probably wasn't clear enough. I was referring to 4g coverage. In Denver, cricket is putting up its OWN towers. Don't know about 3g, but if it IS sprint, it kinda' blew ass until very recently.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Cricket probably has quite a few towers in Houston. Yes their 4G network IS their own as well.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

Ok just making sure it was, cant wait til they build towers in the Maryland/D.C area

Having some issues with my SV after a week's usage. Actually swapped devices at my cricket corp store to make sure. The One SV (at least here in Denver) is falling to "1X" constantly. 3G speeds seem slow as crap, compared to my lil samsung vitality. The Square register swipe card reader has HUGE problems, and I'm now missing calls. (no ringing, no missed, etc., just not ringing to me.) Also missing some texts and or duplicated texts.

Same 3g connection as my old vitality, which NEVER had any issues with any of this stuff. Beating my head against the wall a bit, as I use this phone for my Taxi, and having credit card swipes fail and missing regular customer calls is now starting to cost me money. Calling HTC for assistance, but I may be ending this brand for a galaxy...even though I'm cringing at the extra money out of pocket to move to it. -blargh.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyjp View Post
    Having some issues with my SV after a week's usage. Actually swapped devices at my cricket corp store to make sure. The One SV (at least here in Denver) is falling to "1X" constantly. 3G speeds seem slow as crap, compared to my lil samsung vitality. The Square register swipe card reader has HUGE problems, and I'm now missing calls. (no ringing, no missed, etc., just not ringing to me.) Also missing some texts and or duplicated texts.

Same 3g connection as my old vitality, which NEVER had any issues with any of this stuff. Beating my head against the wall a bit, as I use this phone for my Taxi, and having credit card swipes fail and missing regular customer calls is now starting to cost me money. Calling HTC for assistance, but I may be ending this brand for a galaxy...even though I'm cringing at the extra money out of pocket to move to it. -blargh.
    Wow sorry to hear that. Quite unfortunate when we haven't heard much about these at all.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information