Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

Needing HELP with HTC One SV

I don't know where to begin with this post but I am in need of some serious help with the HTC One SV. So here goes and hopefully someone else out there has this device. I have followed what I can on this android over on XDA and I would be posting the problems I've run into on that website but I don't have enough clout yet lmao Actually I don't have much of that here either so I appreciate the folks here being so down to earth.

To start out I had been running with a custom ROM of my own that I had pieced together with the work that Ironhide had started thanks to our European friends on XDA have made possible. Everything was running just smoothly having a TWRP that worked and having the HTC One SV rooted and being S-Off, etc. That all came to a screeching halt after HTC's last OTA (Android Version 4.2.2 Sense 5.0). I have yet to find a TWRP or CWM that works at all (I just get "Entering Recovery ..." in pink lettering and it just sits there) Without a recovery it's not possible to gain root access I even tried rolling back the version of the android to a previous one using both RUU's and OTA's that are posted for this android and had no luck whatsoever. To make this story even sadder the first time I encountered the problem with the CWM/TWRP not working I thought for sure I had bricked my phone and so I took it in under warranty. Cricket was more than happy to do that for me but said it would take two days to get another phone and so I just bought a new one and had everything working again just like the old phone. Then I decided to try the OTA again and still ran into the same brick wall but in the meantime I was able to get the old phone working again flashing it with an RUU. So now I have two of these rascals and neither one rooted nor with any kind of working recovery. Even if someone could tell me how to push SU on my phone to get it rooted would be a step forward at this juncture.

I just might add too, before anyone jumps to any conclusions, I'm not exactly a newbie to the world of smart phones as this is my 4th one now and have never been up against a brick wall with my android. Needless to say, this is kind of an embarrassing predicament that I find myself in but I'm not ashamed to have to ask for help when I've tried every trick in the book that I know of. And I read lots of posts on lots of forums!! :P Just thought I would throw that out there before people tell me how dumb I am. hehe

Thanks for any help anyone here can offer!!

The Geekster

NEWS FLASH!!

So now for the good news!! I am rooted again!! And thanks to the folks at
    RootAndroid.com

they figured out how to do it. They also had the same headaches I did with getting a recovery to work so they are going to build a recovery that works for this device!! So that's even better news not to mention it made me feel good to know it was not just my imagination running wild that none of the recoveries out there work right for this device. If anyone wants to know how I got rooted just ask.

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...#ixzz2smSpJKiI

Last edited by geekster; 02-08-2014 at 06:37 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Perhaps this is a dumb question for you, but can you not unlock the bootloader and roll back by side pushing the earlier ROM zip?
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Supporting Member
    Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

Cool Thanks for asking ..............

And by the way I'm of the opinion that the only dumb question is the one that didn't get asked lol So I do appreciate you at least taking the time to ask. HTC gets a bit complicated when they do an OTA and they make it nearly impossible to roll back once you've done it. HTC's have 4 partitions they use instead of the typical 2 that most androids employ. And one of those partitions contains what they call the HBoot. And you have to know how to put the old HBoot back on your HTC before you can do as you suggested. And I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how to do that. Also you might be interested in knowing you're not the first person to ask the question and so I've read up on how to do it. And one of the problems too in order to do what you're talking about you have to be able to use either a CWM or TWRP to get the old version back on the phone once you've unlocked the bootloader and hacked into the HBoot partition. So without even being able to find a working CWM or TWRP to do that then once again I'm up against the wall.

I would like to add though that I was giving a lot of thought as to the best approach .......... try to move forward or roll back. Rolling back at first glance seems to be the easy way out, however, its hardly moving forward and I wouldn't mind customizing a new ROM with all the new stuff and the new upgrade actually has some really nice changes in it. Plus lots more bloat too lmao I would love to get rid of just like I had already done before.

Its just very sad that there hasn't been a developer yet to take the time to sit down and actually come up with a working CWM or TWRP for this android yet. I was just lucky enough to get one that worked before the OTA came out but none of the versions of CWM nor TWRP have ever been made official for the HTC One SV. I think the push will be on now to get that situation corrected or so I'm hopeful anyways. That's why I stated that for now I would just be a happy camper if someone can tell me how to get my phone rooted so I can at least clean up some of the bloat. Using HoloLauncher to hide 40+ applications is not exactly my idea of de-bloating an android haha

The Geekster

NEWS FLASH!!

So now for the good news!! I am rooted again!! And thanks to the folks at RootAndroid.com they figured out how to do it. They also had the same headaches I did with getting a recovery to work so they are going to build a recovery that works for this device!! So that's even better news not to mention it made me feel good to know it was not just my imagination running wild that none of the recoveries out there work right for this device. If anyone wants to know how I got rooted just ask.
    Last edited by geekster; 02-08-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by geekster View Post
    And by the way I'm of the opinion that the only dumb question is the one that didn't get asked lol So I do appreciate you at least taking the time to ask. HTC gets a bit complicated when they do an OTA and they make it nearly impossible to roll back once you've done it. HTC's have 4 partitions they use instead of the typical 2 that most androids employ. And one of those partitions contains what they call the HBoot. And you have to know how to put the old HBoot back on your HTC before you can do as you suggested. And I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how to do that. Also you might be interested in knowing you're not the first person to ask the question and so I've read up on how to do it. And one of the problems too in order to do what you're talking about you have to be able to use either a CWM or TWRP to get the old version back on the phone once you've unlocked the bootloader and hacked into the HBoot partition. So without even being able to find a working CWM or TWRP to do that then once again I'm up against the wall.

I would like to add though that I was giving a lot of thought as to the best approach .......... try to move forward or roll back. Rolling back at first glance seems to be the easy way out, however, its hardly moving forward and I wouldn't mind customizing a new ROM with all the new stuff and the new upgrade actually has some really nice changes in it. Plus lots more bloat too lmao I would love to get rid of just like I had already done before.

Its just very sad that there hasn't been a developer yet to take the time to sit down and actually come up with a working CWM or TWRP for this android yet. I was just lucky enough to get one that worked before the OTA came out but none of the versions of CWM nor TWRP have ever been made official for the HTC One SV. I think the push will be on now to get that situation corrected or so I'm hopeful anyways. That's why I stated that for now I would just be a happy camper if someone can tell me how to get my phone rooted so I can at least clean up some of the bloat. Using HoloLauncher to hide 40+ applications is not exactly my idea of de-bloating an android haha

The Geekster

Cool beans, I think I have downgraded 1 htc. Motorola phones were nicer when they were allowed to have bootloaders unlocked.
    I assume you don't use the disable feature for apps, or are they all not disable-able?
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Supporting Member
    Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

Yes.........

The apps that can be disabled I do that until such time as I get the device rooted and can just uninstall them altogether with Root Uninstaller and/or Titanium. Oh, and I guess I forgot to mention that anyone that wants to develop this particular android, well obviously I have one to give up for the cause :P

The Geekster

And YES............... the second one is rooted as well lol See my News Flash above.
    Last edited by geekster; 02-08-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

So I just learned to boot first time trial and error on gotta be the hardest phone to root 0.0 I used a method in one of these forums. I was also able to unlock bootloader as well using some kingo software not the one touch root but on the same page. It unlocked it for me. I downloaded SDK and looked up how to use it for android in my foxfire browser after all downloads and research 8 hours...I am very thorough. I successfully did it. Make sure your computer has proper settings and readings to allow command prompts and u have admin rights to computer. I am now fully confident in booting anyones phone it was super easy after I got acquainted with the language. I thank all sites especially these forums. Yes boot loader is available just gotta find a way.

Now can I ask why everyone spends money to download or even potentially harm your device with a virus to download Titanium Back up and root uninstaller. Seems a waste if u ask me. All privs and uninstall techniques are shown step by step on how to do it recovery. I unistalled all apps I wanted to their flashed in an overlap rom. cleaned out devlick files and apk links of those files. Moved everything but what would harm my system all in less then 40 min. in recovery rebooted twice then used link2sd to finish wiping the devlick chace and system cache. Just a bit a research on u tube and u will be fine

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

i never understood why titanium backup is so great either. i use ESfile explorer most of the time. and rely on the clockwork etc for backups

Thread Information