Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Rooting the HTC One SV With Android Version 4.2.2 With Sense 5

I will try and make this simple as possible.

WARNING!!!!
    As with any modifying of system files anything can go wrong!!! Make a FULL BACKUP before using this. It does work for me and have been using it for a few days with no problems. But i hold no responsibility if your phone bricks from this, your doing it at your own risk. So please know what you are doing and if you need help ask before not after you bricked your phone.

1: Goto
    Welcome to HTCdev

and click on unlock bootloader then get started button above the icon for unlock bootloader on the page that comes up click on the drop down box and select All Other Supported Models. Follow the instructions on the next pages at that site to unlock your bootloader.

2: Download this file and put it on the root of your micro sdcard in your phone. You will need this file on the sdcard for the last step as you wont be able to put the file on the sdcard cause you will be in recovery. Do not unzip the SuperSu zip file as it is setup to be flashed and unzipping it and rezipping it will cause it not to work properly.
    UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip

3: Download this and extract it to the root of your c drive. It will look like this if you did it right. C:\droid
    droid.zip
    The zip file includes everything you need to flash the below files to your phone. It includes fastboot.exe adb.exe and AdbWinApi.dll.

4: Download TWRP and place it in the droid folder from step 3. Unzip it & rename it to recovery.img. This is the one i use and it works.
    TWRP-2.7.0.1-k2_ul-k2u.zip

5: On your HTC One SV the developer options are now hidden. To unhide the developer options do this.
    Go to Settings>About>Software Information>More>Click on Build Number 7 times to unlock the Developer options it will say it is unlocked. Go back to settings and above about will be Developer options open it up and check the box for usb debugging.

6: Goto your c drive and highlight the droid folder hold LEFT SHIFT and RIGHT CLICK on the droid folder and choose open command prompt here. It should bring up a Cmd Prompt that says C:\droid . Plug your phone into your computer using the data cable that came with your phone.

Type in the following text in the Cmd Prompt that you just opened.
    Code:
    adb reboot-bootloader
    That should boot you into fastboot usb if not it will boot into your bootloader then just use your volume keys to select fastboot on your phone and use the power button to select fastboot.

Then once in fastboot usb type the following command into the Cmd Prompt on your computer.
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    It should say success. Don't close the CMD Prompt window yet.

Type this to reboot your phone to make the recovery stick.
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    7: If all goes well then Type this into your CMD Prompt.
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery
    After about 30 seconds to a minute your phone will reboot into recovery.

Once in recovery tap on install under where it says up top select a zip to install tap on the grey box where it says Storage, and when the new screen comes up tap on sdcard and tap the ok button. Scroll thru the list till you find UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip tap on it when the new screen comes up on the bottom of the screen you will see where it says Swipe to confirm flash drag the blue arrow from left to right to install the zip file. After about 10 seconds it will be finished. Click your hardware back button to go back to the main menu. Click on the reboot button and then the system button. Your phone will be rebooted back into the Android 4.2.2 OS.

There you have it your Android Version 4.2.2 Is now rooted have fun. Leave any questions or thanks below.

Last edited by SnakeFist2005; 04-16-2014 at 11:09 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Phone
    HTC One SV

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

very simple, easy-to-follow guide. i tried many others before i came across this thread, this is the only one that worked successfully & it was the quickest.

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

Thank you.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Great tutorial. I will suggest to use WeakSause to root first
    [Root] WeakSauce APK - 1.0.1 - xda-developers

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

Quote Originally Posted by djisia402 View Post
    Great tutorial. I will suggest to use WeakSause to root first
    [Root] WeakSauce APK - 1.0.1 - xda-developers

djisia Thanks for your post but do not post apps that you have no clue works for this phone it has locked up 2 phones already and they had to be factory resetted. Unknowing people will use this thinking it will work but it don't and it will because of your post that peoples phones get messed up.

You can not root unless you unlock your bootloader and have a custom recovery. So using that will be worthless. I have also tried that and it does not work for the HTC One SV. Using that can mess up your phone plus it got ads. It has locked up 2 HTC One SV's that i had tried it on forcing them to be factory resetted. Then hours must be spent to re do your whole phone.

Do not use that app above from djisia is very bad for this phone. Use my method above and if you follow the directions you wont have any problems.

Last edited by SnakeFist2005; 04-24-2014 at 06:55 PM.

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

Thanks for this thread finally after a long night of trail and errors its rooted. But your steps are dead on....I am first time root user and all this tech lingo I am learning on the fly teaching myself.

I think you should definitely add links to SDK download and instructions cause I couldnt figure out for the life of me why I couldnt get permission from command prompts. Some of us dont know this stuff. Also I unlocked bootloader with kingo quick easy took like 1 min. NOT SAYING U SHOULD AND IF U DO USE AT OWN RISK!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I did it unlocked the first time and thats it.

I am learning so much and I think I am going to download the viperSV custom rom once I master my dual core processor management. Radio APN Firmware updates with this rom as well.
    Does anyone have experiance with it.

Also can someone explain to me how and what is the point of a 2nd partition on your SD and anyone got any good flash files or apps tools I should zip to make life easier and my phone run faster. Thanks from your local NOOB

hi
    thanks for your post
    bu i have a problem
    when i type adb reboot-bootloader ,
    cmd answer device not found
    can you help me?

Overall activity: 4.0%

Customer Since

thanks man, i need to unlock gsm network. you can help me please

recover

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeFist2005 View Post
    I will try and make this simple as possible.WARNING!!!!As with any modifying of system files anything can go wrong!!! Make a FULL BACKUP before using this. It does work for me and have been using it for a few days with no problems. But i hold no responsibility if your phone bricks from this, your doing it at your own risk. So please know what you are doing and if you need help ask before not after you bricked your phone. 1: Goto
    Welcome to HTCdev

and click on unlock bootloader then get started button above the icon for unlock bootloader on the page that comes up click on the drop down box and select All Other Supported Models. Follow the instructions on the next pages at that site to unlock your bootloader.2: Download this file and put it on the root of your micro sdcard in your phone. You will need this file on the sdcard for the last step as you wont be able to put the file on the sdcard cause you will be in recovery. Do not unzip the SuperSu zip file as it is setup to be flashed and unzipping it and rezipping it will cause it not to work properly. UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip3: Download this and extract it to the root of your c drive. It will look like this if you did it right. C:\droiddroid.zipThe zip file includes everything you need to flash the below files to your phone. It includes fastboot.exe adb.exe and AdbWinApi.dll. 4: Download TWRP and place it in the droid folder from step 3. Unzip it & rename it to recovery.img. This is the one i use and it works.TWRP-2.7.0.1-k2_ul-k2u.zip5: On your HTC One SV the developer options are now hidden. To unhide the developer options do this.Go to Settings>About>Software Information>More>Click on Build Number 7 times to unlock the Developer options it will say it is unlocked. Go back to settings and above about will be Developer options open it up and check the box for usb debugging.6: Goto your c drive and highlight the droid folder hold LEFT SHIFT and RIGHT CLICK on the droid folder and choose open command prompt here. It should bring up a Cmd Prompt that says C:\droid . Plug your phone into your computer using the data cable that came with your phone. Type in the following text in the Cmd Prompt that you just opened.
    Code:
    adb reboot-bootloader
    That should boot you into fastboot usb if not it will boot into your bootloader then just use your volume keys to select fastboot on your phone and use the power button to select fastboot.Then once in fastboot usb type the following command into the Cmd Prompt on your computer.
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    It should say success. Don't close the CMD Prompt window yet.Type this to reboot your phone to make the recovery stick.
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    7: If all goes well then Type this into your CMD Prompt.
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery
    After about 30 seconds to a minute your phone will reboot into recovery.Once in recovery tap on install under where it says up top select a zip to install tap on the grey box where it says Storage, and when the new screen comes up tap on sdcard and tap the ok button. Scroll thru the list till you find UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip tap on it when the new screen comes up on the bottom of the screen you will see where it says Swipe to confirm flash drag the blue arrow from left to right to install the zip file. After about 10 seconds it will be finished. Click your hardware back button to go back to the main menu. Click on the reboot button and then the system button. Your phone will be rebooted back into the Android 4.2.2 OS.There you have it your Android Version 4.2.2 Is now rooted have fun. Leave any questions or thanks below.
    mine says recover.img cannot load xc

Customer Since
    sept 2007

Hello , i have unloked boot loader. im running this HTC One SV With Android Version 4.2.2 With Sense 5, i am able to get to the second command when i type in fastboot flash recovery recovery.img,,, i get error message ,,, can not open 'recovery.img' , I have verifyed that the file is in c:\users\user\desktop\doid> this is the path of the folder i saved it... im pretty sure the path is correct , any ideas?

Customer Since
    sept 2007

Quote Originally Posted by oalonsor96 View Post
    Hello , i have unloked boot loader. im running this HTC One SV With Android Version 4.2.2 With Sense 5, i am able to get to the second command when i type in fastboot flash recovery recovery.img,,, i get error message ,,, can not open 'recovery.img' , I have verifyed that the file is in c:\users\user\desktop\doid> this is the path of the folder i saved it... im pretty sure the path is correct , any ideas?
    SO AFTER MANY HOURS AND GOING FROM POST TO POST...figured out the command was fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.img... if you save it as recovery.img.. then type img twice...

So root was ok applications that need it ok I have a problem that I want to remove some applications of the system I can use the file manager to remove, but after restart all returns. Please Ask what to do thank you
    Last edited by kadlipavel; 09-01-2014 at 01:55 AM.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Use a system app remover not file manager. See if that works.

So I used the free version of System app remover and again, the application returns

you do not know what to do? It seems that it restores from backup

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information