Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    01/2013

RUU's don't exist!!!

So since the RUU's for our HTC One sv do not exist I am in desperate need of any cricket user that has a nandroid backup; f their original ics rom before you de flowered the thing by editing the system file or deleting bloat ware or installing mods to the rom... Anyone got anything like that???
    Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by swes013 View Post
    So since the RUU's for our HTC One sv do not exist I am in desperate need of any cricket user that has a nandroid backup; f their original ics rom before you de flowered the thing by editing the system file or deleting bloat ware or installing mods to the rom... Anyone got anything like that???
    i erased mine by accident. u didnt make a backup using bkcokota's cwm? couldnt u restore that image then flash the stock boot and recovery from cricket ics update zip. then update thru android? sorry but just wondering if that would work.

Customer Since
    01/2013

Yes I did that too.. Made my backup with his clockwork mod. Which is the custom recovery I am using. My backup still works fine for me and restores just fine. Something is messed up on my phone partitions as well as some internal/external SD card issues. That being said when I try to load a stock rom zip from recovery it is aborted.. Next I tried to update by going the fast boot route and pushing the boot img. and recovery img. found in the ota update.zip. relocked the boot loader and reboot to recovery for yep you guessed it the damn exclamation point!! Thus leading me to this lastly option of looking, asking, waiting, hoping, and praying either someone has a clean nandroid back up a cricket ice rom I can use or HTC releases a ruu for the damn thing... Thanks for the ideas though.. Participation is required for advancement....
    Oh P.S. some additional info... I am rooted with custom recovery installed and have set my cid to 22222222 and The phone is also S-off

Thanks again, swes013

try this recovery. it works on both ics and jb.
    cwm-crkt.img

then try to restore ur backup and maybe do a factory reset. u might need to uninstall htc sync then reinstall after flashing my cwm recovery to get adb and fastboot working. then fastboot flash ics boot and recovery. i didnt need to relock my bootloader before applying ota jb update.

cwm

Yes I did that too.. Made my backup with his clockwork mod. Which is the custom recovery I am using. My backup still works fine for me and restores just fine. Something is messed up on my phone partitions as well as some internal/external SD card issues. That being said when I try to load a stock rom zip from recovery it is aborted.. Next I tried to update by going the fast boot route and pushing the boot img. and recovery img. found in the ota update.zip. relocked the boot loader and reboot to recovery for yep you guessed it the damn exclamation point!! Thus leading me to this lastly option of looking, asking, waiting, hoping, and praying either someone has a clean nandroid back up a cricket ice rom I can use or HTC releases a ruu for the damn thing... Thanks for the ideas though.. Participation is required for advancement....
    Oh P.S. some additional info... I am rooted with custom recovery installed and have set my cid to 22222222 and The phone is also S-off

Thanks again, swes013

u my edited cwm
    recovery-stock-crkt.img

S3anhed is uploading a ics nandroid

Customer Since
    01/2013

Nice i will wait patiently.... Is it a clean unmodified nandroid of stock ics..?

does ur backup have the Htc setup apk disabled? it should be enabled and all app it sets up like dropbox need to be enabled. it will force close. maybe the problem?

Customer Since
    01/2013

like I said my backup: s very sketchy.... The setup apk and lots of other randomness got deleted from system through root explorer along with a lot of bloat ware and other what I believed to be unneeded files.... Oops!!

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Is S3anhed uploading and posting it here in this forum?? Or is going to pm me? Do you know..?

today hopefully

im asked S3anh3d of UPP to post it here on this forum also. i was told in a few hours he'll get it uploaded.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

have u tried

like I said my backup: s very sketchy.... The setup apk and lots of other randomness got deleted from system through root explorer along with a lot of bloat ware and other what I believed to be unneeded files.... Oops!!

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Is S3anhed uploading and posting it here in this forum?? Or is going to pm me? Do you know..?

have u tried flashing my edited crkt cwm then choose install zip from sdcard and try flashing the ota cricket system update? u are s-off right? wouldnt that work?

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

sorry swes013, S3snh3d was updated to jelly bean before making a nandroid. so he only got a JB backup. try my suggestion of flashing crkt cwm then running ota from recovery

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

make sure to wipe data/cache, cache, dalvik cache before flashing ota

Customer Since
    01/2013

Yeah I tried it with your recovery but, yours looks no different than the one I had on there before I flashed yours. I had to move the ota.zip to the root of the external SD card because the recovery doesn't read from the internal card. It also installation aborted on me. Yes I wiped all the caches and Data factory reset. Still no joy.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

maybe?

the crkt cwm can be booted without overwriting anything. fastboot boot recovery-crkt.img.

Customer Since
    01/2013

Nice finally got my phone fully updated to jelly bean thanks to all the devs, community members for the advice.

thats great news swes013.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information