Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    01/2013

Re: RUU's recoveries and such?

yeah you have to go thru the unlock process and if I believe its on like the very last step, very last page where you paste and submit your code for a unlock key. It shows the instructions on that page.

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

Thanks i'll go head and do it i'm pretty sure htc wont know who had the phone when cricket sends it back to them for repairs. as the meid will be voided and ill have a new meid for the new phone i paid 20 bucks to swap out. I do know cricket is clueless about people rooting there phones as they never found out my mercury was rooted when i had to swap my phone out for 20 bucks when the volume keys stopped working. I just never did it with adb with the mercury it was just flash a file and was done after you put in the cwm in the boot folder (pink screen). I just want to be able to replace everything incase my phone messes up and i can keep my warranty lol yes i want the best of both worlds lol.

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

Ok once you relock your bootloader it will say in the pink box relocked and if you try to unlock it again it will fail and not unlock again and from what i read around the net future OTA updates will probably fail. If that is true it don't matter to me as from what i read there is no major differences in ICS and jellybean just a few non major bug fixes in jellybean to upgrade ICS to jellybean. But i doubt this phone will get jellybean.

Customer Since
    01/2013

Re: RUU's recoveries and such?

Alright guys and gals.... Another small update. Still obviously more obstacles and development will continue as the actual root access is only gained while the rom is powered up. After a power off shutdown, and reboot root is lost. Alas you cannot delete bloat ware apps using root file explorer pro. Also tried doing a few tweaks with my rom toolbox pro like, LCD density, configuring A2SD etc.... Any thoughts chime on in guys lets get this thing hashed out before Sprint gets it. That way all our further development can continue without any hiccups... It seems that without a working recovery the root we push with web will be a useless exploit... Alas at least for now!

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information