Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

[KERNEL][CRICKET][AOSP][JELLYBEAN]KT747 - KTweaker

I found this thread months ago and attempted work to build this for the Cricket S3 with no luck at all. I also attempted a vanilla OC kernel for CM10.1 using parts of this man's code. Again, no luck. Finally after being frustrated for months that I couldn't do it, I did it. The only credit I take for this is getting the config straightened out so it would build, boot, and work properly on the Cricket S3. The real credit goes to ktoonsez.

Read the FYI near the bottom. It is VERY important or your phone will freeze after booting. If you experience bugs or glitches, post them here as ktoonsez only wrote the code. The Cricket S3 build is my problem to deal with right now. I will only be asking him questions and keeping the Cricket S3 builds updated.

Another interesting note found by RoWilJr is that in some cases @ 1890MHz clock settings you can't use the camera. At 1809MHz it works fine as does 1998MHz at which point the CPU becomes unstable. The cpu is stable at 1890 but it seems optimal is 1809. I will tinker with my own voltage settings to see if it stabilizes @ 1998MHz

UPDATE:
    Builds after 4/19 are incompatible with roms made after the same day. CM made a few changes that have broken this for many roms. For now if you want to use this kernel it has to be a build before the 19th on a rom before the 19th as well.

ALSO, IN THE KTWEAKER APP DO NOT SET ON BOOT UNTIL YOU ARE SURE IT IS STABLE OR YOU WILL HAVE TO DO A FACTORY RESET.

So without further ado, here it is:

Ktoonsez presents:

KT747 Jellybean kernel features
    Must have a Cricket AOSP ROM (CM10.1 or any other Android 4.2 based AOSP... This will not work on stock TouchWiz 4.1.2)
    Must have CWM or other custom recovery installed
    •Linux kernel 3.0.69 or 3.4.40
    •Samsung open source
    •Optimized kernel configuration

•Updated USB driver
    •Updated wifi driver
    •custom bootanimation
    •unsecure root adb
    •init.d support
    •Governors (MSM-DCVS, ABYSSPLUG, BADASS, SUPERBAD,LAGFREE, SLEEPY, SCARY, SMARTASSV2, WHEATLEY, LAZY, ADAPTIVE, INTERACTIVE, PEGASUSQ, LULZACTIVE, KTOONSERVATIVE, CONSERVATIVE, ONDEMAND, USERSPACE, PERFORMANCE)
    •Schedulers (CFQ, BFQ, VR, SIO, NOOP, DEADLINE)
    •Voltage interface
    •CPU Overclocking
    •CPU Underclocking
    •Boots on stock table (USE KTweaker app to enable OC steps all the way to 2106mhz)
    •Fastcharging for USB/Car Charger (you must be unplugged before turn fast charge on or off, also Fast Charge DISABLES USB connection to your PC)
    KTweaker app for kernel control
    KTweaker Widget

AOSP JELLYBEAN 4.2 Linux 3.4 VERSIONS:

Current build 4/19/13:

3.4 Downloads

AOSP JELLYBEAN 4.2 Linux 3.0 VERSIONS:

3.0 Downloads

Note: If your rom came with 3.0.x kernel do not flash the 3.4 version as it will result in a no screen on scenario but you will be able to use the screen (not that you can see anything). If this happens, long press the power button (10-15 seconds) to turn the phone off or do a battery pull and reflash your rom clearing cache and dalvik.

If you're unsure of what kernel version you run, install your rom and gapps if needed then boot it once. Go to Settings > About Phone and look for the kernel version. If will say either 3.0.x or 3.4.x and that will tell you what version you need.
    --SP

***** IMPORTANT *****
    THERE IS NO TOUCHWIZ VERSION FOR THE CRICKET S3 AND AS OF RIGHT NOW THERE IS NO PLAN TO BUILD KT747 FOR TW --SP

FYI: CM10 sometimes does not want to cooperate with the max Mhz settings from his scripts, since it is a beta ROM, so you will have to set it manually with "Voltage Control" or run the script he put in "/system/etc/init.d/00post-init"

Always do the following AFTER installing the kernel:
    1. Clear cache
    2. Clear dalvik
    3. Fix Permissions

Sources can be found here:

https://github.com/ktoonsez/KT747-JB

Visit his original kernel thread here:
    (AT&T S3 NOT CRICKET)

[KERNEL][AT&T][AOSP/Touchwiz][JELLYBEAN][4/6/2013] KT747 - LJ7 - KTweaker - xda-developers

Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 05-02-2013 at 12:40 AM.
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

Customer Since
    FEB 2013
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Tried the kernel on cm 10 but just got a black screen after clearing cache reverted back to a back up

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

You have to clear cache, dalvik, and fix permissions in CWM. If you set the 2.1GHz frequency you have to adjust the voltages as well. I'm noticing however it doesn't really like the 2.1GHz setting, but is stable for sure @ 1.998GHz
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 04-09-2013 at 03:47 PM.
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Flash successful...ktoonsservative with Min 486, Max 1890 for now. Gonna run it for awhile before messing around with the other settings.
    Great job Bro!
    Sent from my Galaxy S3

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by RoWilJr View Post
    Flash successful...ktoonsservative with Min 486, Max 1890 for now. Gonna run it for awhile before messing around with the other settings.
    Great job Bro!
    Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Thanks bud but I didn't do anything except get the config straight and build it

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Still gonna give you Props...

Sent from my Galaxy S3

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

First issue... Camera/video is a no go. Cleared cache/davlik, fixed permissions but keeping "cannot connect to camera"

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Still gonna give you Props...

Sent from my Galaxy S3

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

First issue... Camera/video is a no go. Cleared cache/davlik, fixed permissions but keeping "cannot connect to camera"

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    What rom are you running? If you're on TW, that's why. Let me know and I'll get you a flashable package to fix it.
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 04-09-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

CM10.1

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

CM10.1

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Now did you download it here or from XDA? Silly question but if you didn't grab it from this thread it would cause that too

Hmm... I'll download my package and do a fresh flash of both cm and the kernel. In the meantime you can reflash cm and wipe cache and dalvik then fix perms again to restore it. That's weird though

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2

Edit:
    I downloaded the file linked in this thread (NOT the one on XDA) and reflashed CM10.1 4/5/13 nightly and it worked. What nightly are you on so I can test it?
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 04-09-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Grabbed it from your thread Bro. I'm on 4/9 nightly. Everything booted up fine... I OC too much for my phone @ 1890 and got a reboot. Brought it down some and everything was snappy... Except camera.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Weird.... I will grab that nightly and play with it. I'll also make sure my kernel source is 100% current

Edit:
    I tried 1890 setting and gallery crashed but @ 1998 it worked.... I'll pass that on to ktoonsez

1809MHz is the most stable clock setting it looks like. Camera works perfectly and no force closing apps

Tapatalk'd from my 1.4GHz CM10 Thrive 10.1
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 04-09-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

So I had a weird issue...

I'm using Carbon ROM v1.6.1 (JB 4.2.2) which according to their page on goo.im is based largely on CM10.1 and is definitely AOSP. Normally when the phone boots it shows SAMSUNG in white letters for about a half a second, then goes black for a few seconds until the Carbon boot animation starts. I flashed the kernel and followed the steps to the letter and when I went to boot back up it showed the white SAMSUNG, then it showed the stock Samsung Galaxy SIII logo (which is very weird). Then the screen goes black but THE ROM CONTINUES TO BOOT. The screen is black but the buttons still work, and I can actually touch things on the screen! I just can't see what I'm doing. It also wiped CWM recovery so I had to flash Touch in Odin to be able to restore my nandroid (thank god for those). Any thoughts?

Sent from another Galaxy...

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Interesting. I will grab Carbon and flash the kernel to see what happens. I may take this down if issues keep piling up like this for in the mean time

Tapatalk'd from my 1.4GHz CM10 Thrive 10.1

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

So, when you flashed the kernel in CM, everything worked for you?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

So, when you flashed the kernel in CM, everything worked for you?

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Yeah. I edited my post. @ 1890MHz the camera won't connect. At 1809MHz and 1998MHz it works. 1998MHz is very unstable even after adjusting voltages in KTweaker so I stayed at 1809MHz and the phone was very stable with ktoonservative governor and sio scheduler...

I didn't play with other govs or scheds though

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information