Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    never

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Builds for d2cri

CyanogenMod 10.1 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a nightly build of CM10.1 for the Galaxy S3 on Cricket Wireless. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

Please submit a patch to our
    Gerrit instance

if you want to help out.

Install instructions:

1. Install
    ClockworkMod Recovery

for "d2spr". Sorry, CM cannot provide support for other recoveries, although they may work fine.

2. Get the nightly build
    CyanogenMod Downloads

3. Reboot into recovery and install.

Do not report bug to the bug tracker if you are using this build.

You need to change your cdma subscription information from nv to sim/ruim in setting>more> mobile network> cdma subscription

chrisngrod - I'm having to edit this first post because noobl is new here. It is moderating a lot of his posts. Standard disclaimers apply. This is a nightly build. PLEASE backup your stock ROM. Do a NANDROID backup!

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 12-29-2012 at 03:55 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I gotta try this ASAP.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 Preview Builds for d2cri

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    I gotta try this ASAP.
    Amen. As soon as the newness of the stock android wears off, I'm all about it

Sent from my Cricket S3
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Anyone try this yet. What works what doesn't. I want it but I got to have my camera

Recognized Developer

if you do a backup in recovery and flash this rom if something doesnt work and you wnat it to then why wouldnt you just restore the backup? as it stands now with no one reporting what is working etc progress cannot be made.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Sorry Shabby. I am at home for a moment and able to pick up my device. Results:

Backed up > wiped > flashed new build

Roaming icon. Cannot *228. Cannot connect to camera.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Recognized Developer

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Sorry Shabby. I am at home for a moment and able to pick up my device. Results:

Backed up > wiped > flashed new build

Roaming icon. Cannot *228. Cannot connect to camera.
    dialer codes wont work as teh rom is aosp based, dunno what the situation is with camera. im asusming it said roaming but you had voice? perhaps data as well? thanks for the feedback

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbypenguin View Post
    dialer codes wont work as teh rom is aosp based, dunno what the situation is with camera. im asusming it said roaming but you had voice? perhaps data as well? thanks for the feedback
    I don't think I have anything. After installing gapps, I'm stuck on the waiting for network screen. Can't see to bypass it.

I'm trying to restore a backup, but with the new CM, and it's emulated SDCard location or whatever (0 folder) it can't find the backup.

I can't connect it to the computer. It's not reading the device even though it says media mode.

I'm going to try and figure out a way to install that recovery listed in the OP. Might just set this aside for a while.

EDIT: Sideloaded OP recovery. It seemed messed up. When you moved up and down using the volume buttons, it would only show every two moves. You would have to count your clicks of the volume button as you scrolled through stuff.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 12-24-2012 at 01:04 PM.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 Preview Builds for d2cri

In regards to thr network..you need to go to data and change it to sim then reboot the phone and the network will come up...and regarding the emulated sd card..that happened to me as well..same issue with camera...just thought i'd share my experience...

Edit: I had the same experience with the clockwork mod where it was only highlighting every other click...it was frustrating..whats weird is that when you connect the phone to the pc it would come up the model as sch-r530u..which is the us cellular variant...
    Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by jayjr2081; 12-24-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I don't know why it defaulted it to NV vs RUIM. I put RUIM and then had issues of it actually connecting and functioning normally. I'm glad someone is working on this other than me though!

EDIT: I'm back to stock. I had to use ROM Manager to restore a stock backup. I couldn't move backups in /0/ to the root of the storage.

Customer Since
    never

new build
    you need to flash this first
    Dev-Host - recoveryd2cri.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

in clockwork mod and reboot recovery
    then you can flash the new build
    Dev-Host - cm-10.1-20121225-UNOFFICIAL-d2cri.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

You need to change your cdma subscription information from nv to sim/ruim in setting>more> mobile network> cdma subscription

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

RECOVERY ISSUES

The phone still registers every up/down move in the recovery BUT it only shows every other move. Weird....

ROM ISSUES

1x, doesn't switch to LTE. Gallery crashes ("Unfortunately Gallery has stopped") when attempting to use the camera. Does not show preview of the camera at any time.

EDIT: *228 the device and now LTE works.

Thanks for working on this. I will try to keep on reporting issues. This is not a phone I use daily, so others might find more issues. I've tried to list the main concerns.

Customer Since
    never

Customer Since
    never

this is the latest build
    Dev-Host - cm-10.1-20121225-UNOFFICIAL-d2cri.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

not the one posted up there and i need a real time tester, chrisngrod check your pm for contact info. I also made a new recovery image.
    Dev-Host - update.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

You should edit the post up, because much people will not read everything to here and know that you updated the build

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information