Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

At this point it would probably behoove you to wait until there is a fix or he has announed a stopping point. We're going back and forth on Skype. He's making modifications, and I'm testing them out.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 Preview Builds for d2cri

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post

ROM ISSUES

1x, doesn't switch to LTE. Gallery crashes ("Unfortunately Gallery has stopped") when attempting to use the camera. Does not show preview of the camera at any time.
    Chris or noobl does jb need the ics camera blob setting enabled? iirc that was what essentially fixed the camera in cm10 on my tablet when they were building it. No camera and gallery crash were the same exact symptoms and enabling that fixed them both in 1 go.

Sent from my Cricket S3
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 12-27-2012 at 12:51 AM.
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Dev-Host - cm-10.1-20121226-UNOFFICIAL-d2cri.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

OP updated. Noobl has fixed with camera. Tested and verified by me! Thank him!

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

uploadfromtaptalk1356669212772.jpg

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Thanks!!

Sent from my rotary phone

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Finally!, now, I need to ask:
    Does the actual ROM is stable for daily driver material?

What are the missing problems?

And: Are you guys (Noobl and Chris) going to work on the Cyanogen 10 ROM camera problem?

Edit: Well, I already tried by myselft the ROM
    The camera works fine for some minutes, but it eventually becomes unstable and crashes easily
    I also find that it makes a lot of red blinking margins in certain apps
    It's kind of unstable in some parts and in general

It's not daily driver material, but I'll use it for quick changing to use the camera since it's pretty light and doesn't have almost any apps by default
    Last edited by RaphaniacZX; 12-28-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: (Tried the ROM for myself)

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    never

Nightly build are coming
    stay tuned for d2cri on get.cm

Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by noobnl View Post
    Nightly build are coming
    stay tuned for d2cri on get.cm
    it's going to actually show up on the get.cm site?

and is there any info on what bugs there is going to be on it?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by RaphaniacZX View Post
    Finally!, now, I need to ask:
    Does the actual ROM is stable for daily driver material?

What are the missing problems?

And: Are you guys (Noobl and Chris) going to work on the Cyanogen 10 ROM camera problem?

Edit: Well, I already tried by myselft the ROM
    The camera works fine for some minutes, but it eventually becomes unstable and crashes easily
    I also find that it makes a lot of red blinking margins in certain apps
    It's kind of unstable in some parts and in general

It's not daily driver material, but I'll use it for quick changing to use the camera since it's pretty light and doesn't have almost any apps by default
    Since you come off as a typical whiney Cricket customer, I'm going to give you that kind of response.

Noobl has dedicated time... I have dedicated time. Shabby dedicated time, and to my knowledge no one else donated time. Of course I could only do a few things (yet 1st with 4G working and something that we could actually boot). Without him we would probably not have a working camera for at least months if ever. I took 6 pictures in quick succession. No issues. I don't use my Cricket GS3 hardly ever, but it seems to work pretty well on CM10.1 during testing.

I was informed that the red border is a work around for the flicker issue. This was present in many devices early on. I remember living with the flicker on my Verizon S3 for a while. I imagine with time and the right people they will figure out what modifications have been made to this device. It is also the newest of the S3 devices. The fix for the camera was not straightforward. It took much trial and error.

It's daily driver material unless you're a slave to picture messaging and must be able to send/receive via that method to your boyfriend / girlfriend / mistress. Others can find e-mail as a good work around until then.

Noobl said as soon as we got the camera working that it could be added to the nightlies at get.cm. He just confirmed right there on the forum that it would show up.

The link will be:
    CyanogenMod Downloads

I don't care to hear the same complaints about MMS that we have with all of the flashed devices. If it is a deal breaker just move on. IF a fix ever happens, it will sure to be posted. Grab your popcorn and take a seat.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

I know I appreciate the effort you guys are putting in and I know it will be great when I start using it. I'm waiting a month to make sure everything is going to work as far as the hardware in my handset and not root for warranty purposes.

The patience will pay off if we just let them build and test until they have a build with ALL major hardware working as intended instead of them having to post a million times for minor fixes. Just my $.02.

Keep up the hard work noobnl and chris and anyone else testing and contributing to the development.

Sent from my Cricket S3
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 12-29-2012 at 02:48 AM.
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Hey guys, this is my first time posting and just wanted to say keep up the awesome work! I recently returned to the world of Android after being with IOS for some time and am currently running this ROM. I will be running all new nightlies as they are released and would be more than welcome to share any information on how things are running (this will stay on my daily usage cricket S3). So as to not sound unappreciative I will only leave feedback, on personal findings concerning the operation of this ROM, when asked by one of the persons actually working on this build. Once again, thanks for all the hard work put into this!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by ckdontes View Post
    Hey guys, this is my first time posting and just wanted to say keep up the awesome work! I recently returned to the world of Android after being with IOS for some time and am currently running this ROM. I will be running all new nightlies as they are released and would be more than welcome to share any information on how things are running (this will stay on my daily usage cricket S3). So as to not sound unappreciative I will only leave feedback, on personal findings concerning the operation of this ROM, when asked by one of the persons actually working on this build. Once again, thanks for all the hard work put into this!
    Thank you. In general CM 10.1 is pretty stable. This version is based off of that. I don't know exactly how they do it, but I'm told they automate the whole thing. The differences in the Cricket version are noted and the system generates the new nightly based off of the changes they made with the core file system or something. If someone else would like to shed some light on the matter, please do. This is based off of what a person told me a while ago.

Noobl already told me to message him if anyone got the MMS working. He doesn't even have the Cricket version. I tried making some modifications to the apns-conf.xml but no dice. If any community should be able to get MMS working, it should be this one. It'll be sad if this remains an issue with the Cricket version forever.

Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Builds for d2cri

I was fortunate enough to test this rom when he asked for volunteers...the first test was awesome with of course the usual cm bugs...then he sent me the camera fix and it worked...I appreciate the time and efforts that devs like noobl and chrisgod and others put into this community...I recently came to Cricket from verizon...so far its an awesome experience and I hope it stays that way...if I had more time I would love to help out...again thank you noobl for giving me an opportunity to test your rom...looking forward to the progress you guys get from this!! Thank you!!

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2

Recognized Developer

glad you guys got stuff working, looking over the github its little changes i never would have thought to have made. glad i contacted noobnl regarding this device

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbypenguin View Post
    glad you guys got stuff working, looking over the github its little changes i never would have thought to have made. glad i contacted noobnl regarding this device
    Yep and now that you're here, hopefully you continue to drop by!

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information