Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Builds for d2cri

Outgoing only...

In MMS setting set MMSC to
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

Proxy is wap.mycricket.com.

Port is 8080.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S III

Anyone having issues with in call volume?

Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    If no one chimes in here and says they are working for an MMS fix, there won't be one....
    i want to help but i wouldn't know where to start since i'm fairly new at all this stuff, if you could point me into the right direction i'll try and help

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Watch the video at the start of the thread

Customer Since
    Jan 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 & S4

yeah

Quote Originally Posted by jmh033089 View Post
    Anyone having issues with in call volume?
    Speaker has low volume in call and also in the last release those are The two problems left to fix mms and the speaker on phone call volume.
    I perform this test on the one for 1-3-2013
    Last edited by rodrigovin; 01-04-2013 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigovin View Post
    Speaker has low volume in call and also in the last release those are The two problems left to fix mms and the speaker on phone call volume.
    I perform this test on the one for 1-3-2013
    build for 1-4-2013 is out

Customer Since

Hi,

So here are my testing results for the 1-02-2013 nightly build:

- GPS navigation not working: cannot get any satellite fixes using GPS Test application. location only works through cell site fixes not GPS fixes.
    - Issues with Pandora streaming playback with bluetooth stereo. Lots of crackly sounds and digitized audio, even on high-quality mode. Works fine sometimes, but usually will start crackling within 2 songs. Interestingly using physicalling connected headset does not have this issue.
    - Some random flickering occurs on the screen... not sure why but occurs randomly.

I'll update later and see if i can possibly find a way to help with these issues.

Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by fgnotebook View Post
    Hi,

So here are my testing results for the 1-02-2013 nightly build:

- GPS navigation not working: cannot get any satellite fixes using GPS Test application. location only works through cell site fixes not GPS fixes.
    - Issues with Pandora streaming playback with bluetooth stereo. Lots of crackly sounds and digitized audio, even on high-quality mode. Works fine sometimes, but usually will start crackling within 2 songs. Interestingly using physicalling connected headset does not have this issue.
    - Some random flickering occurs on the screen... not sure why but occurs randomly.

I'll update later and see if i can possibly find a way to help with these issues.
    I posted some of my issues for build 1-02-2013. we both have similar issue plus some that are different. look on page 4 I believe that's where I posted it.

Also build 1-04-2013 is out for today as of 1-04-2013 if you can try it and post your issues if any. thanks =)

Customer Since

Quote Originally Posted by osirix View Post
    I posted some of my issues for build 1-02-2013. we both have similar issue plus some that are different. look on page 4 I believe that's where I posted it.

Also build 1-04-2013 is out for today as of 1-04-2013 if you can try it and post your issues if any. thanks =)
    So I updated to today's build earlier (along with some of my co-workers who i have also updated to 1-04-2013). The GPS issue only occured on my phone with the 1-02-2013 software. My co-workers have no GPS issues. That was weird.

The only issue I have now is the bluetooth stereo audio noise, the screen flickering, and the MMS issue.

I wanted to debug the MMS issue on my phone(I'm mostly a phone hacker not a programmer but do have some programming aptitude). There is no way to get the diagnostic port on this software through the default samsung menu. Is there a new way to get diagnostic port access on the CM10.1 software? I'd need it to debug the MMS issue to see what the phone is sending on the network(PPP log capture) for the MMS profile and model information.

Customer Since
    July 2007
    Phone
    samsung galaxy s3

The Android Open Source Project (AOSP) team last month rolled out CyanogenMod10.1, aka CM10.1, the latest version of one of the popular custom ROMs available for various Android devices, for a number of Samsung devices like Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) and the major U.S. variants of Galaxy S3.

CyanogenMod, a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, offers features that are not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of the supported devices. A few notable Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean features include multi-user support, gesture typing, new quick settings option, lock-screen widget, new camera app, photo sphere, improved Google Now, new daydream feature and miracast display among others.

Here is a tutorial that shows how to install CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on various U.S. variants of Samsung Galaxy S3, including carriers like Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, US Cellular and Cricket.

The users must take note that CM10.1 ROM is in the nightly stage now, and therefore, there could be flaws. However, all issues are expected to be resolved as development progresses.

Before going ahead with the tutorial, take a look at the prerequisites that need to be aware of.

- Backup your data.

- The device must have at least 80 percent battery power.

- USB driver must be installed for Samsung Galaxy S3 in your PC.

- USB Debugging must be enabled.

- Backup your EFS Folder.

- The device must be rooted and have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed.

- Flashing this ROM on your Galaxy S3 will increase your binary counter.

- Never skip Nandroid backup as itís very helpful if this custom ROM doesnít work the way you wanted.

In addition, IBTimes cannot be held responsible if anything goes wrong. The users should proceed at their own risk.

Procedure

Step 1: Download the appropriate CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM for your Galaxy S3.

Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10.1 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM For Samsung Galaxy S3 L710 [Filename: cm-10.1-20121231-NIGHTLY-d2spr.zip]

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10.1 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM For Samsung Galaxy S3 I535 [Filename: cm-10.1-20121231-NIGHTLY-d2vzw.zip]

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10.1 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM For Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 [Filename: cm-10.1-20121231-NIGHTLY-d2tmo.zip]

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM 10.1 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM For Samsung Galaxy S3 I747 [Filename: cm-10.1-20121213-UNOFFICIAL-d2att.zip]

US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10.1 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM For Samsung Galaxy S3 R530 [Filename: cm-10.1-20121231-NIGHTLY-d2usc.zip]

Cricket Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10.1 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM For Samsung Galaxy S3 R530C [Filename: cm-10.1-20121231-NIGHTLY-d2cri.zip]

Step 2: Download Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip].

Step 3: Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 to your PC using USB cable.

Step 4: Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your phone. Bu

--THANKS SHANE

So is this right I've done a lot of computers but I'm new to the phone need to keep learning to keep up lol

Quote Originally Posted by fgnotebook View Post
    So I updated to today's build earlier (along with some of my co-workers who i have also updated to 1-04-2013). The GPS issue only occured on my phone with the 1-02-2013 software. My co-workers have no GPS issues. That was weird.

The only issue I have now is the bluetooth stereo audio noise, the screen flickering, and the MMS issue.

I wanted to debug the MMS issue on my phone(I'm mostly a phone hacker not a programmer but do have some programming aptitude). There is no way to get the diagnostic port on this software through the default samsung menu. Is there a new way to get diagnostic port access on the CM10.1 software? I'd need it to debug the MMS issue to see what the phone is sending on the network(PPP log capture) for the MMS profile and model information.
    another nightly build has been released

i found this on xda if it helps
    Galaxy SIII Secret Codes - xda-developers

Last edited by AdamJay23; 01-05-2013 at 02:27 AM.

Customer Since
    Dec 2012
    Phone
    S3

Phone call Volume

This seems to fix the phone call volume issue

Settings/Advanced/Sound check box for extra gain in voice calls

Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Spoole2 View Post
    This seems to fix the phone call volume issue

Settings/Advanced/Sound check box for extra gain in voice calls
    Is that including the speaker volume?

Customer Since
    Phone
    S3 CricKet, 4S ATT

Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Builds for d2cri

Anyway that I can get back to the stock ROM without a nandroid backup still very buggy for me...

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by soopermarii0 View Post
    Anyway that I can get back to the stock ROM without a nandroid backup still very buggy for me...

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2
    You should search for the stock "TouchWiz" ROM for the S3 Cricket on Google and flash it, or if it fits you go search the actual CyanogenMod 10 Modded ROM here, it's stable and works fine, but you will be missing the MMS and Camera. And if you have any problems on the future be sure to back ROMs at least using the ROM Manager, movings ROMs it's not as simple when you're trying betas and nightlys

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information