Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Sept 2011

Well no. My user data such as things that were in my download folder are indeed gone. since the pla store doesn't recognize my phone all that I have bought from the play store I will have to buy again right? BTW, In the file manager, there is only access to the phone storage. Not the SD card(external) storage. The "torch" widget does not work. And my phones battery died very quickly. 2 hours. Using the Clockworkmod I selected wipe/data/factory reset and the confirmed "wipe all user data". Forgive me. But I thought these ROMs were supposed to really blow us away showing what our phones can do as a result of rooting our phones and installing these ROMs. Granted this ROM is my first experience. But it seems so far that the out of box phones(Galaxy S3 in my case) are way more advanced than this particular ROM. Maybe I need to give it a chance. Ive only had it on my phone since 8pm 12/31/13
    Last edited by phjanak; 01-01-2014 at 11:15 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

You either have a bad download or a bad flash. Probably a incorrect flash.

If you paid for apps on Google play, no you don't have to pay for them again.

You did the factory reset. Then you need to go to advanced and wipe system, cache, and data. Then go to mounts and wipe dalvik. Flash ROM, let it boot and sit for 10 minutes. Go back into recovery and flash the correct gaps. Boot and it should ask for your Google login.

You did not completely wipe the old ROM from the phone. Therefore your new ROM and the old ROM are fighting for the gold. Causing all of your problems.

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk

Customer Since
    Sept 2011

Same result. Look Im sure the author of this rom knows way more than I. However I can definitively say that this rom is crap. Roms should expand on the capabilities of the device. His destroys some very good capabilities in the process. I will be more than happy to roll back to the stock device which easily leaves this rom in the dust. This rom would simply never ever make it on a production line. Why were some odf the great Galaxy features not kept? You say well that belongs to Samsung. Well Android belongs to google and these roms manipulate code that doesn't belo9ng to the author. So no difference. Anyway. This rom is destined for the digital trash can.

Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

This is one of the best ROMs I have ever used. I am not the creator, but still offended. I still believe you either have no idea how to do it right. Or you have a bad download. Everything works flawless on this for me.

Customer Since
    Sept 2011

If I am not doing it right. Then that again can be blamed on the author. For not being absolutely clear. I know its easy to give basic instructions because most in the community are seasoned. However. Every instruction should be written as though its being read by a newb. I admit to being that newb. However I am pretty savvy. How can you like this rom if it has removed some features you loved on your stock phone? Removal of any stock items should be left to the enduser to decide. I can understand removing bloated apps. But to remove things like Sbeam found in the system settings. just to name one is just not cool.

Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

Getting rid of all the stock junk is the reason for installing a custom ROM. You chose to dump all that stuff by installing this.. Anyway. Most of the stuff in the stock ROM is what drags your phone down. I would suggest reading the thread on how to install ROM and kernel. Then try something else like cm. If you have the same problem on other ROMs, it is either your phone or the way you are doing it. And because you are a newb, most of us will try to help, but help will stop when you badmouth something you decided to do.

Customer Since
    Sept 2011

I wonder if all these mods, or at least many, are using the same tool kit. because I was just looking at a few others and they look identical to this one. I guess they are all using the boring stock Android icons.. That's another factor. If they all look the same. Boring. Cyanogen Mod for example.

I don't use many of the system features that came with my Galaxy S3. But I use some. I want all of them there if I ever need to use them. I rooted my phone so I could record my phone screen much like we can do our PC screens for game walkthroughs and such. That turned out to be a stupid move because rooting it caused my phone to perpetually crash for hours on end and several days in a row. Even removing the battery for a given time eventually stopped working as the solution. So I was told installing a rom would be the answer. Not what I wanted to hear at all. Seemed promising though after learning of roms that drastically improved battery life. I Didn't realize thats because of the guts of the stock system being ripped out. And generally that's just no good. I was particularly pissed that there was no playstore icon. the only thing that made it appear for me going to the playstore web version. And yess I see all of my purchases.

I will give this rom a fair shake. Ill try for two weeks. right off the bat however this roms wallpaper setting tool is not nearly as good as the stock one. So Im not sure why it was changed. Oh I thought I posted this already. Its now two hours after I typed this. This rom crashed on me and could not get itself to reboot.. Prior to me mucking around with my phone. My Cricket Galaxy S3 NEVER crashed.
    Last edited by phjanak; 01-01-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

i would suggest going back to stock then!

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Quote Originally Posted by jaredl45600 View Post
    i would suggest going back to stock then!
    or maybe a landline.

Overall activity: 2.0%

I installed thier latest rom and gapps update to my cricket galaxy s3(sch-r530).everything seemed fine. Except despite all the settings showing me to be online. Data connectivity refuses to work. So I had to revert to the last update. Anyone else have this issue?

Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

Data seems to be an on and off problem. I had and evo 3d with du and it was the same issue. It seems to have issues with a restore also.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information