Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Overall activity: 2.0%

so is it safe to downgrade to ICS?? i would like to downgrade to ics and then update to jellybean the stock way not thru md6 tar.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    too long
    Phone
    huawei mercury

Wanted to say thanks for the files they helped me restore my phone to get the ota updates to premium suite. Much appreciated!

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ironhide602 View Post
    so is it safe to downgrade to ICS?? i would like to downgrade to ics and then update to jellybean the stock way not thru md6 tar.
    Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
    Use the link and download file starting in R530C part 1&2 and flash via Odin then you can get the latest jellybean update. No way to do it without Odin and that file. The ICS files wont update I know cause I tried that first but this worked for me so my device no longer says modified in settings. Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by y6h66 View Post

click on the link and download the R530cvvbmc1, part 1 and 2
    Sorry iron try this link

what's up sundevil, im live in s.phx and i am a devil fan. thanks for the info. what i want to do is downgrade to ics using SP's unrooted ics odin files to test internet baseband/modem. and from there run triangle away to make my s3 stock unmodified so i can update thru OTA. so are u saying it is safe to downgrade to ics without bricking my s3? did u use triangleaway to clear your flash counter so that the phone reports normal instead of modified?

Customer Since
    too long
    Phone
    huawei mercury

Quote Originally Posted by sundevil View Post
    Wanted to say thanks for the files they helped me restore my phone to get the ota updates to premium suite. Much appreciated!

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Use the link and download file starting in R530C part 1&2 and flash via Odin then you can get the latest jellybean update. No way to do it without Odin and that file. The ICS files wont update I know cause I tried that first but this worked for me so my device no longer says modified in settings. Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Sorry iron try this link
    Got a ping of 79 and 80 ms with it

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ironhide602 View Post
    what's up sundevil, im live in s.phx and i am a devil fan. thanks for the info. what i want to do is downgrade to ics using SP's unrooted ics odin files to test internet baseband/modem. and from there run triangle away to make my s3 stock unmodified so i can update thru OTA. so are u saying it is safe to downgrade to ics without bricking my s3? did u use triangleaway to clear your flash counter so that the phone reports normal instead of modified?
    Yes I downgraded to rooted ics then reset the flash counter then flashed the R530C non rooted files. After all that when I went into odin mode the custom bianary was reset to show none and it was running samsung official firmware. In settings under device status it showed normal and it accepted the ota update to premium suite jellybean.

Go devils! That where I attend.

Customer Since
    too long
    Phone
    huawei mercury

Quote Originally Posted by sundevil View Post
    Got a ping of 79 and 80 ms with it

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Yes I downgraded to rooted ics then reset the flash counter then flashed the R530C non rooted files. After all that when I went into odin mode the custom bianary was reset to show none and it was running samsung official firmware. In settings under device status it showed normal and it accepted the ota update to premium suite jellybean.

Go devils! That where I attend.
    sorry I used the unrooted full system file of ics then I rooted again and reset the flash counter. then when that was done I used odin to flash the R530C file in the link above and my phone was finally able to get an ota update. my original root and cmr kept me from getting the next ota.

Overall activity: 0%

Hi ! Can anyone help me the stock odin flash able tar file of S3 Cricket on ICS.

Even radios of ICS would help...

thanks !!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    WARNING:
    THIS IS FOR THE CRICKET GALAXY S3 (SCH-R530C aka d2cri) ONLY! THIS WILL NOT WORK ON THE OTHER VARIANTS REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY'RE FLASHED TO CRICKET OR NOT!
    THIS WILL ALSO TRIP YOUR FLASH COUNTER AND REPORT YOUR PHONE AS CUSTOM THEREBY DESTROYING ANY HOPE OF A WARRANTY.

I am not responsible if this causes your phone to randomly burst into flames, kill your dog, steal your car, or anything else strange.
    DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE USING THIS FILE OR YOU WILL BREAK YOUR PHONE BEYOND REPAIR.
    You have been warned.

With that being said, I present my first real accomplishment. Odin files for the Cricket Wireless Samsung Galaxy S3! This Odin flashable software will return your Cricket SGS3 to a stock unrooted or rooted state.

Links to files will be at the bottom of this post for a reason. You are expected to read this post thoroughly so that you can properly restore your phone and not have to worry about making a bad situation worse.

If you can get into recovery, do a factory reset and if you had CWM or TWRP wipe dalvik otherwise, just proceed.

Step One:
    Download the files you need at the bottom of this post. The Odin packages are in 2 pieces and then the other is Odin3 v3.07 itself.

Step 1.5:
    Head over to
    WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files

and download WinRAR. I had to rar these to compress the hell out of them since I found a reliable hosting site, but they don't allow uploads over 512MB. Each file is split into 2 parts and WinRAR will put them back together automatically for you.

Step Two:
    Unzip Odin to a location easily accessible. For this walk through, I will use C:Odin.

Step Three:
    Download and install the Galaxy S3 drivers from Samsung here:
    Support - More Cell Phone Providers SCH-R530C | Samsung Cell Phones

Step Four:
    Plug in your phone using the OEM cable that came with it and wait for the drivers to install. You may need to reboot your PC.
    Note: After market cables are not recommended, but may work. Don't quote me on that.

Step Five:
    From a powered off state, boot your phone into Recovery (if possible) by pressing Volume Up + Home + Power and do a Factory Reset and wipe Dalvik Cache. Do not reboot the system. You will want to do a battery pull so as to not rebuild cache and dalvik cache. Now replace the battery boot into Download Mode by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power. Once the phone vibrates, release power but continue to hold the other 2 until you see the warning that looks like this(side note: the yellow triangle was triggered on my phone because I have in fact tested this on my own phone after softbricking it a number of ways and restoring this way without using a nandroid backup and the second picture shows a flash counter that also increments by 1 for each flash.):

Pressing Volume Down will cancel download mode and restart your phone. Volume Up however will bring you to a screen with a green android populating it. This is what we want so press Volume Up now.

Step Six:
    Fire up Odin. Open C:OdinOdin3_v3.07.exe. Once it comes up, if your phone is connected and the drivers installed properly, the first box in the third row will be highlighted, and you will be presented with this screen:

The arrows are the only options we are concerned with. ESPECIALLY DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT SELECT REPARTITION OR BOOTLOADER OR YOUR PHONE WILL BE 100% UNRECOVERABLE.

Check the box next to the button labeled PDA then click the PDA button. Navigate to where ever you decompressed the tar.md5 file and select it. Then click the start button.

If all goes well, your phone should reboot and start normally if you were able to get back into CWM recovery.

However if you cannot get the phone to go past the flashing Samsung logo, you will need to flash a custom recovery in Odin to do a factory reset. Follow the first couple steps here:

http://www.cricketusers.com/root-rec...d-4-1-2-a.html

To boot into the recovery, you will need to do a battery pull and push Volume Up + Home + Power until it vibrates. Once in recovery, you should be able to do a factory reset to get your phone back up and running. Another user mentioned after you get it booted, to look for a clean script to wipe dalvik to make it smooth again.

I was able to reroot ICS using the debugfs method.

After you complete the wipes, simply reboot and enjoy!

Thanks everyone for your patience while I got this sorted out. I will keep working on this until I have a complete stock odin flashable file both rooted and not for ICS (done) and JB (DONE!).

Flashable tars:
    FULL UNROOTED MD6 JB UPDATE INCLUDING KERNEL, RADIOS, SYSTEM, AND NEW RECOVERY:

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading d2criMD6.zip

FULL UNROOTED MC1 JB UPDATE INCLUDING KERNEL, RADIOS, SYSTEM, AND NEW RECOVERY:
    Part 1: (will repost link when I get uploaded to Goo...)
    (Procedure for these files will be the same as above even with all the new stuff)

Stock Unrooted MC1 JB System, Kernel, and Recovery
    Part 1:

d2cri_StockUnrootedJellybean.part1.rar - 400.00 MB

Part 2:
    d2cri_StockUnrootedJellybean.part2.rar - 259.84 MB

Stock Rooted MC1 JB System Only:
    Part 1:

d2cri_RootedSystemOnlyJB.part1.rar - 400.00 MB

Part 2:
    d2cri_RootedSystemOnlyJB.part2.rar - 258.03 MB

Stock Unrooted ICS (Recovery, Kernel, and System)
    Part 1:
    http://www.d-h.st/vf3
    Part 2: http://www.d-h.st/3hz

Stock Unrooted ICS (System Only)
    Part 1:

Dev-Host - d2cri_SystemOnly.part1.rar - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Part 2:
    Dev-Host - d2cri_SystemOnly.part2.rar - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Stock Rooted ICS (System Only)
    Part 1:

Dev-Host - d2cri_RootedSystemOnly.part1.rar - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Part 2:

Dev-Host - d2cri_RootedSystemOnly.part2.rar - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Odin3 v3.07:
    http://db.tt/oiFoQXVw

Credit for pulling the stock ICS recovery goes to jayjr2081

This guide was revised 4/8/13 and links updated 4/9/13.

Update:
    Adding links for stock recovery and kernel in case you guys stayed on stock rooted, but played with recoveries and kernels... These are all flashable in CWM or TWRP

Stock ICS Recovery:

Dev-Host - CWM-TWRP_FlashableStockRecovery.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

So the only thing i dont get is how do i combine the tar files on winrar?
    Please help. trying to fix my friends phone thanks in advance

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Winrar does it automatically when all file parts are in the same folder.

Overall activity: 32.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S III

Trying to use the moblie Odin, and it's not taking any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

No ideas from me because you aren't describing any details of the problem that would help figure it out. Its like saying "my car doesn't run, any ideas?".

Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

Quote Originally Posted by jmh033089 View Post
    Trying to use the moblie Odin, and it's not taking any ideas?

Use the odin on your pc if you can. I read somewhere about problems using mobile odin. Unless you know someone who used it with no issues......

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sonasam300; 12-28-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Overall activity: 32.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S III

I don't have that option right, now. Not a huge deal wanted to go back to rooted stock on pacman and I am getting board with it thought I would start all over again.

i have a galaxy s3 sch-r530c and i am trying to downgrade my firmware from 4.3 to 4.1.1. I have been looking for 4.1.1 firmware/jelly bean, but i am having a hard time finding this particular one for my phone. I have been searching for the past few days with no luck. can someone PLEASE HELP ME FIND THIS FIRMWARE/JELLY BEAN!!!!

Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

Quote Originally Posted by erandle15 View Post
    i have a galaxy s3 sch-r530c and i am trying to downgrade my firmware from 4.3 to 4.1.1. I have been looking for 4.1.1 firmware/jelly bean, but i am having a hard time finding this particular one for my phone. I have been searching for the past few days with no luck. can someone PLEASE HELP ME FIND THIS FIRMWARE/JELLY BEAN!!!!
    I don't think there is 4.1.1firmware for our phones on cricket. The upgrades went from 4.0.?(ics) to 4.1.2 (jb) and currently 4.3.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

This is correct and unfortunately to the best of my knowledge you are kinda stuck on 4.3

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread Information