Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Yes. Look for my root + recovery thread

Sent from my TW JB Cricket SGS3
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Got it and Rooted it! thx for the Help!!!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Thank you!! Just did this and it worked perfectly on an out-of-the-box, blue Galaxy S3. This was very thoughtful and giving of you.

Will I lose root if I take a software update from Cricket? If so, can I get it back?

Thanks again!

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Yes you will lose root, but there is a method to regain root on the JB update. Just look for the thread I started for root and recovery (hint: it's sticky)
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since

Hello everyone.. I am desperately trying to get this root method to work and I keep running into a problem during the first step in the rooting process after pulling up the rootdebugfc program.. I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me. It starts to 'push the files' but then fails and tells me 'permission denied' on the next 4 or 5 procedures before saying 'link failed File exists' and then rebooting my phone. I followed the previous steps just fine, so I'm wondering what it is I'm missing. Can anyone help me?

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by steele311 View Post
    Hello everyone.. I am desperately trying to get this root method to work and I keep running into a problem during the first step in the rooting process after pulling up the rootdebugfc program.. I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me. It starts to 'push the files' but then fails and tells me 'permission denied' on the next 4 or 5 procedures before saying 'link failed File exists' and then rebooting my phone. I followed the previous steps just fine, so I'm wondering what it is I'm missing. Can anyone help me?
    If you're on jellybean you have to use my method. Its root and recovery all at once. Its a sticky and easy to find

Tapatalk'd from my 1.4GHz CM10 Thrive 10.1

Customer Since

Thank you so much! I'm unfortunately stuck in the process of getting this one to work as well though. : ( I got all the way to the part where I have to select the JBROOT package in the recovery menu section and it says finding update pkg... opening update pkg... verifying update pkg... signature verification failed Installation aborted. HELP!?

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Thank you so much! I'm unfortunately stuck in the process of getting this one to work as well though. : ( I got all the way to the part where I have to select the JBROOT package in the recovery menu section and it says finding update pkg... opening update pkg... verifying update pkg... signature verification failed Installation aborted. HELP!?
    Disable signature verification where you have to chose internal or external. If it still fails you have a bad download

Sent from my Liquid Cricket S3

Customer Since

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    Disable signature verification where you have to chose internal or external. If it still fails you have a bad download

Sent from my Liquid Cricket S3

Hmm... I guess I'm not seeing that option. Here's what I get on the main recovery screen on my phone...

Android system recovery <3e>

reboot system now
    apply update from ADB
    apply update from external storage (this is what I chose when continuing from here)
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    apply update from cache

What am I missing? Or maybe I should redownload that root package? Unzip it before copying it to my phone maybe? I appreciate all your help on this...very nervous, as you might expect.. The good news is that when I exit out or reboot from this point, my phone seems to go on working just the same as it did before doing any changes.. guess this is normal..

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

What am I missing? Or maybe I should redownload that root package? Unzip it before copying it to my phone maybe? I appreciate all your help on this...very nervous, as you might expect.. The good news is that when I exit out or reboot from this point, my phone seems to go on working just the same as it did before doing any changes.. guess this is normal..
    Seems you're not following my tutorial. This method no longer works with jellybean and the only root method is the one I wrote up. You have to flash clockwork mod in Odin then flash the root. Follow my tutorial and you'll be fine. Read it all the way through though and don't skip a step

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since

Ok. I thought for SURE I was using the correct tutorial, sorry.. here's the page I've been using to do this all... http://www.cricketusers.com/root-rec...d-4-1-2-a.html I am confused because it says right at the top of the page...

So you got the wonderful new Jellybean update for your Cricket S3. Isn't it sexy? New features, better UI, and all the ooey gooey goodness you'd expect.

Am I still on the wrong sticky? Sorry to keep bugging you btw..
    Again, much appreciated!! While I'm new to this phone ROOT thing, I've had a lot of previous experience rooting my PSP system awhile back. lol This seems a bit more difficult so far though...

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Ok. I thought for SURE I was using the correct tutorial, sorry.. here's the page I've been using to do this all... http://www.cricketusers.com/root-rec...d-4-1-2-a.html I am confused because it says right at the top of the page...

So you got the wonderful new Jellybean update for your Cricket S3. Isn't it sexy? New features, better UI, and all the ooey gooey goodness you'd expect.

Am I still on the wrong sticky? Sorry to keep bugging you btw..
    Again, much appreciated!! While I'm new to this phone ROOT thing, I've had a lot of previous experience rooting my PSP system awhile back. lol This seems a bit more difficult so far though...

That's the one. If your recovery isn't staying after you flash it, see the bottom of the post

Tapatalk'd from my 1.4GHz CM10 Thrive 10.1

Customer Since

Sorry, but what 'bottom post' are you referring..

Install a Custom Recovery (CMW) This?

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Sorry, but what 'bottom post' are you referring..

Install a Custom Recovery (CMW) This?
    Bottom of my op in the root + recovery thread

Customer Since

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    Bottom of my op in the root + recovery thread

Ok. I've read that post but I'm just really hesitant in doing some steps I've already done. Am I running a risk of bricking my phone if I've already done this step...

before selecting start Un-check "Auto Reboot", Select "Start"

In other words, it'd be okay to rerun that same program and select just two of the three options I had originally chosen and run it again? Just wanting to make sure before I proceed.. I question this because the problem this person was having (stock rom will overwrite CWM with stock recovery) may be different than what I'm getting errors with.. Or, is this EXACTLY the problem I seem to be having.. lol Either way, this should be fine to do though, you say, correct?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information