Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Jan 2013
    Phone
    Samaung S3

I hard bricked my phone someone please help

I had just flashed the stock system back to my phone I rooted it and was about to push the reboot option but before i could the screen went black and nothing every since. I'm pretty sure i'm gonna need a jig to get anywhere. Before i do anything else i need the stock eveything that i can flash through odin can someone please help me

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    EVO 3D

Quote Originally Posted by CollinC View Post
    I had just flashed the stock system back to my phone I rooted it and was about to push the reboot option but before i could the screen went black and nothing every since. I'm pretty sure i'm gonna need a jig to get anywhere. Before i do anything else i need the stock eveything that i can flash through odin can someone please help me
    http://www.cricketusers.com/f175/%5Brom%5Dodin-flashable-cricket-sgs3-touchwiz-firmwares-41626/#post100709

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by CollinC View Post
    Try booting into download mode by pressing volume down, home, and power at the same time. If that works it's a soft brick

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    May 2004
    Phone
    SCH-R530C

**Before attempting a full troubleshoot plug the phone into a proper wall charger and allow to charge for at least 30 minutes. On occasion the battery charge level indicated can be wrong and the battery gets fully discharged (usually during something important :/). When it has happened to me the phone does nothing. It didn't even indicate it was plugged in for over 10 minutes. Its a simple step that is often forgotten. **

Does your screen do anything? Pull battery. Go to a dark room and put the battery in, try to turn it on.
    -Does the screen brighten when you try to power it? If so that's good sign. Note what
    -Any vibration? A series of quick pulses (2 to 5 in my experience)? If the pulses keeps repeating then it generally indicates a boot-loop. Pull battery. Try recovery menu, followed by download(ODIN) mode.
    - Nothing? Pull/put back the battery again and get to a computer. Open device manager or you can uninstall samsung drivers, then plug the phone in and try to power on normally. Watch to see if the pc recognizes it, i.e. installing drivers or appearing in device manager. Try this with download mode as well. If the pc recognizes the phone in download mode then fire up ODIN. If ODIN sees the phone then flash your desired files. When ODIN says its done (if it doesn't reboot on its own) pull/replace the battery and try to power up.
    I try all steps at least twice and on/off of a charger.
    If the battery is charged, the screen stays off (not even a flicker or glow) and a pc doesn't see it in anyway, then it may be time to take it to a reputable repair shop or your carrier store. Or If you are a DIY type and comfortable breaking down your phone let me know.
    Please post as much info as you can. Short of flashing the wrong thing in ODIN or hardware failures these phones don't brick that easy in my opinion

**its late so if I missed a spot let me know. I am working on a troubleshooting FAQ so if anyone is good at format/readability let me know, I ramble. We need a good "So I think I bricked my phone." FAQ. If your phone blows up, grows facial hair, kicks your dog or otherwise gets all rowdy, remember... I didn't do it. You did it! **

Thread Information