Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: Kernels

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Jan 2011
    Phone
    S3

Kernels

Ok...so i hate to ask stuff that has probably been gone over hundreds of times but i cant seem to find an answer anywhere. I've been looking for a kernel so i can start playing with OC and UV and cant find one that will work with my set up. Im running carbon 1.8 stable and all the kernels i have found on this forum are either for TW or older versions of JB. I'm pretty new to this so im sure im missing something or just not lookin in the right place. I have found other forums that have tons of kernels but none that are developed for d2cri. I've tried to read everything possible and cant figure out the next step. Can someone lead me on the right path....Thanx

2. Remove this advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by 509799 View Post
    Ok...so i hate to ask stuff that has probably been gone over hundreds of times but i cant seem to find an answer anywhere. I've been looking for a kernel so i can start playing with OC and UV and cant find one that will work with my set up. Im running carbon 1.8 stable and all the kernels i have found on this forum are either for TW or older versions of JB. I'm pretty new to this so im sure im missing something or just not lookin in the right place. I have found other forums that have tons of kernels but none that are developed for d2cri. I've tried to read everything possible and cant figure out the next step. Can someone lead me on the right path....Thanx
    I don't know much about carbon ROM but I'm using cm10.1.3 and the kt747 kernel. I'm over clocked 1.8 but settings go as high as 2.1 but reboots. It's an att s3 kernel but works with cm d2cri. The latest kernel haven't really tested it on any other ROM. Let me know if it works for you

sent from Custom Cm10.1 sgs3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1378012341531.jpg  

Customer Since
    Jan 2011
    Phone
    S3

everything seems to be working fine with carbon. I didnt realize i could use a different carrier version of a kerenl. I thought that some of the hardware wouldnt work, but everything is working so far. One thing i did notice was when flashing with CWM 6.0.3.6 touch there was no setting to fix permissions. I downloaded a older version of CWM that had that option. I read somewhere on cm website that fix permissions is outdated and not needed any more. But every kernel i have read about says to fix permissions after installing. You have any input on that.
    Thanks for the info on the kernel

As in the screen shot it was flashed over with no problems and yes sometimes flashing from a different carrier doesn't always work and it will be kernel
    KT747-AOSP-JB-MR1-3.4-ATT-07-18-2013.zip

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 509799 View Post
    everything seems to be working fine with carbon. I didnt realize i could use a different carrier version of a kerenl. I thought that some of the hardware wouldnt work, but everything is working so far. One thing i did notice was when flashing with CWM 6.0.3.6 touch there was no setting to fix permissions. I downloaded a older version of CWM that had that option. I read somewhere on cm website that fix permissions is outdated and not needed any more. But every kernel i have read about says to fix permissions after installing. You have any input on that.
    Thanks for the info on the kernel
    Carbon is using which kernel.

Customer Since
    Jan 2011
    Phone
    S3

Carbon 4.2.2 stock kernel was a cm10.1 kernel. I flash the kernel you mentioned and didnt backup carbons original kernel....so i cant tell exactly which one it was.

So u take it that it's working with o.c.

Customer Since
    Jan 2011
    Phone
    S3

Yep. OC and UV are both working fine. Seems like I'm getting a lot more wakelocks tho.

I don't know what's going on there. I haven't ran into that problem

Thread Information