Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Official ROM Port request thread

Ok so as you can see there's a few of us trying to port a lot of roms to the Cricket GS3 but I'm more curious as to what roms you guys actually want us to do.

With that said, here's your chance to request rom ports, but there's a few catches:

1. We can only do GS3 AOSP roms based on 4.2.1 or 4.2.2. If it has source, bring it on. We'll get more stable roms this way. 4.1.x AOSP roms are kind of pointless with 4.2.x features being available.

2. TW roms are fair game as well. We have a good solid debloated, deodexed, and zipaligned rom to use as a base.

3. It doesn't matter what variant of the S3 you choose regardless of GSM (Tmobile or AT&T etc) or CDMA (Verizon and Sprint) or even if it's international (i9300 variants).

Looking forward to seeing your requests! Mind you that we still have to get the original developer's permission to post these, but generally that's no issue. As long as the ones we can't get permission aren't shared, we can do them, but you can't try and take credit for the work the other devs and the ones here that port it put in. If you do, you will be be thrown under the bus without hesitation by at least myself. If we can get the dev's permission and we can get bugs worked out, we will definitely post them. Happy hunting!

Updated 4/17/13
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 04-17-2013 at 12:36 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Aokp please

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    Ok so as you can see there's a few of us trying to port a lot of roms to the Cricket GS3 but I'm more curious as to what roms you guys actually want us to do.

With that said, here's your chance to request rom ports, but there's a few catches:

1. We can only do GS3 AOSP roms based on 4.2.1 or 4.2.2. Being that at least I myself am not a real dev, a so ground up AOSP build is out of the question.... For now

2. (this section omitted as I have finally gotten my JB update and gotten it rooted)

3. It doesn't matter what US variant of the S3 you choose regardless of GSM (Tmobile or AT&T etc) or CDMA (Verizon and Sprint), but it CANNOT be the i9300. Someone else may chime in here and I will retract this.

Looking forward to seeing your requests! Mind you that we still have to get the original developer's permission to post these, but generally that's no issue. As long as the ones we can't get permission aren't shared, we can do them, but you can't try and take credit for the work the other devs and the ones here that port it put in. If you do, you will be be thrown under the bus without hesitation by at least myself. If we can get the dev's permission and we can get bugs worked out, we will definitely post them. Happy hunting!

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by dgaf98 View Post
    Aokp please
    Which aokp rom?

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Jb mr1 build 6 every gs3 has a build except d2cri lol.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Link to an xda thread? It may not be so easy but its worth a shot

Tapatalk'd from my 1.4GHz CM10 Thrive 10.1
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

I don't believe they post on xda. But here is where u can find it.
    Releases | AOKP

Overall activity: 6.0%

I would love to see Miui for d2cri!

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

So these would be ground up builds.... not 100% sure I can make them happen, but if I can get them to boot, we might get official support. Anyone with experience in development or coding wanna help with this? PM me for collaborative info

Tapatalk'd from my 1.4GHz CM10 Thrive 10.1

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by dgaf98 View Post
    Jb mr1 build 6 every gs3 has a build except d2cri lol.
    Pulling sources now. Will use CM10.1 kernel and device tree as a base. May also do a build with KT747 kernel and trees as well

Quote Originally Posted by eburgan View Post
    I would love to see Miui for d2cri!
    MIUI is closed source and will be much much harder to port to our phones.... There will be a LOT of non working hardware at first and I highly doubt anyone but myself will bother testing it. I'll end up seeing a lot of "oh this and that doesn't work so I will stay with XYZ rom..." I will say this though.... You should check out Avatar rom. It's CM10.1 with MIUI theme support. Pretty clean and is considered AOSP so you could run one of the KT747 kernels with it (depending on what kernel version it runs stock)

Remember guys as of right now, I'm the only one taking requests and I'm not even a real dev, just a hacker at best. To be honest one of the main reasons I'm doing as much as I am is to try and enlist the help of some real developers once they see what I'm managing to get done. However again, if any of you know anything about development, please jump in and help me.
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 04-11-2013 at 05:00 AM.

Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

I'm not sure if this is aosp or not but what about the synergy rom. Sounds like a lot of fun!

sent from my SAMmieSUNG GSIII

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

That's why I asked you guys to get me XDA links so I could check them out....

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

SP, you seen this?

http://www.chameleonos.org/

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    That's why I asked you guys to get me XDA links so I could check them out....
    sorry sp don't know how to post links yet. Lol

sent from my SAMmieSUNG GSIII

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

@Sam - Just copy it from your browser address bar, but if you're using Tapatalk click the thread and hit more then hit Copy Post URL

@ RoWilJr - Nice and they need device maintainers.... Grabbing source in a few after I get AOKP built

You guys are making me wanna buy another Cricket GS3 for development work now instead of using my DD

Sent from my 1.89GHz CM10.1 Cricket S3
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 04-11-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2113436

Here's the synergy rom sp!
    Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

So that's based on TouchWiz. He claims in his thread to support "All US S3 variants" but I'm pretty sure he only means the big 4. I asked to see if he supported Cricket too, so if he does I'll look into the install. I would imagine though that you would have to use TWRP because it will probably be an Aroma installer.

Edit:

Some dev notes for you guys:

1. AOKP will be possible but it's gonna take me a while.
    2. MIUI is only half ass documented and everyone that says "I ported it this way..." is a halfwit and their method won't work for JB (I'm not wasting my time on ICS development since it's now an outdated OS)
    3. Chameleon OS is pretty nice and seems to updated regularly. I'm going to work on that eventually as well, but the other roms may suffer which I'll try and avoid.
    4. I keep my eyes on the source for the KT747 kernels and keep it all updated, but will only be building every other day.
    5. Other roms will be updated sporatically. I'm one person and the only person it seems with the exception of Mustang that's doing any of these ports and roms.

There are tons of guides on XDA Developers and RootzWiki on how to do all this. As long as you do homework, it's not that hard. Just make sure that you're willing to break your phone because it does happen. I use my DD as my dev device, so it's not that bad if you break it. There are tons of resources that will teach you how to fix your phones as well. If all else fails, there is another way:

Warranty. Hook up a car battery to the prongs for the battery and fry the phone. Just make sure you don't melt it. Just saying...

I'm hard at work, but this stuff takes time and a lot of patience from myself and those I do this for.
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 04-12-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information