Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since

Problems after flashing Cyanogenmod ROM, Please Help!

I just used ROM manager to flash the newest cyanogenmod ROM to my phone. The first time I did it, it successfully backed up my system data, then errored out after trying attempting to backup user data. I went back in and made sure to back up everything via Titanium Backup, then retried flashing this time without selecting backup (still chose to wipe cache/dalvik. Everything seemed to be going fine after that, it installed the ROM successfully but after booting up again (with the new cyanogenmod logo and everything), I keep getting 2 errors that keep popping up... 1) Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped. and then 2) Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped.. Anyone know what this could be or how to go about fixing this possibly? My phone is basically bricked right now from what I can tell. This was the worst case scenario I hoped not to run into when I decided to root my phone. I have to have my phone for work tomorrow or I'm screwed. Any help would be greatly appreciated here, thanks in advance!!

Would it be advisable to just install the original root package I started with from my sd card? Would that hurt anything?

Last edited by steele311; 05-12-2013 at 03:08 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Try a factory reset.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since

I did that, no change... From reading some other threads on this it seem like I might have installed the wrong version of 'g apps'... I'm totally fine with reverting back to stock root if it's possible... Is it as easy as flashing the original root package zip I still have on my internal sd, do you know?

EDIT: I read somewhere telling someone with the same problem to try reinstalling the original root package, so I tried, failed miserably.. Starting to think I'm going to need to start all the way over again which sucks.. But better than having a bricked phone I guess... Any other suggestions? I need to get this figured out soon.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Looks like my buddy Stephen Proffit posted a thread http://www.cricketusers.com/root-rec...firmwares.html on how to go about this. Seems I can also revert back to the original ROOT JB ROM instead of having to start from scratch with the official, non-rooted, ROM! Woot! Thanks again Stephen Proffit!
    Last edited by steele311; 05-12-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Customer Since

Wow, ok... I reverted back to jb and rerooted with no problem. After checking my storage, I noticed that my external sd card is not showing up. I can't even mount it. I went into recovery to try and mount it and still isn't working. This surely was not a problem before. Any ideas on how to fix this? I really thought I was done needing any assistance for awhile, but I was wrong.. Any help here would be great

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Quote Originally Posted by steele311 View Post
    Wow, ok... I reverted back to jb and rerooted with no problem. After checking my storage, I noticed that my external sd card is not showing up. I can't even mount it. I went into recovery to try and mount it and still isn't working. This surely was not a problem before. Any ideas on how to fix this? I really thought I was done needing any assistance for awhile, but I was wrong.. Any help here would be great
    Can you take a picture and store it on your card? Can you go into recovery and flash a zip on your sd card? If so, then your card is showing up. Error messages? Need a little more info to help.

Didnt you backup before you flashed a new ROM? And if you flashed the wrong gapps you would only need to flash the right ones for it to work.
    Here's the gapps

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since

It's like it's not even being recognized by my phone at all. I went into storage and the external sd section is grayed out. I can't mount it or anything. I copied what I had on it to my PC and am about to format it and see if that maybe would solve the problem. Any risk/point in doing this?
    Last edited by steele311; 05-13-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

I copied what I had on it to my PC and am about to format it and see if that maybe would solve the problem. Any risk/point in doing this?
    Done it many times myself.

Customer Since

Well, I did that and it's still not showing up. Just says "Mount SD Card" and then "Insert SD Card" underneath.. Doesn't do anything when I try and press it.. I know it's not the card itself now that I copied everything that was on it over to my PC. Any other tips or tricks to see how to get this working? It's funny cause the whole reason I rooted my phone was to open up this big ole 64GB stick I bought for it.. This isn't what I had in mind though...

EDIT: I was using a program called GL to SD to get the large game files from my internal to my external SD. Not sure if that may have something to do with this or not.. Just thought I'd mention it..
    Last edited by steele311; 05-13-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Well, I did that and it's still not showing up. Just says "Mount SD Card" and then "Insert SD Card" underneath.. Doesn't do anything when I try and press it.. I know it's not the card itself now that I copied everything that was on it over to my PC. Any other tips or tricks to see how to get this working? It's funny cause the whole reason I rooted my phone was to open up this big ole 64GB stick I bought for it.. This isn't what I had in mind though...

EDIT: I was using a program called GL to SD to get the large game files from my internal to my external SD. Not sure if that may have something to do with this or not.. Just thought I'd mention it..
    If the SD card is larger than 32gb it has to be formatted as exfat

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since

Ok. I went to go and do that and saw that it is set to exfat by default..

OOH OOH, I went ahead and put in another micro sd I had (32gb) and it immediately recognized it. I then tested my 64gb sd and it also recognized that one too! I think this problem has been resolved! Thanks again though everyone!
    Last edited by steele311; 05-13-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Customer Since

Edit. Nvrmnd.
    Last edited by steele311; 05-14-2013 at 02:22 AM.

Thread Information