Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Ubernub View Post
    Sometimes I really hate being a noob...

I did the VolDown+Power button and got a warning that custom OSes can cause problems, and either VolUp to continue or VolDown to cancel. It didn't look like either of those screens though so I pressed VolUp figuring it'd ask me for further input before doing anything drastic.

Now it's got the unvoided screen you posted, followed by "Downloading... Do not turn off the target!!"

I know it won't actually download anything since my phone's not hooked up to anything right now, but can I turn it off safely?

Does your Status say 0x01 or 0x0? Because the first screenshot was the one Not voided, the 2nd screenshot was it voided.

You can just pull the battery or hold down power button till it turns off.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks! Here's all the text on the screen:

ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: SCH-R970C
    CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
    SYSTEM STATUS: Official
    KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
    KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
    CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
    WRITE PROTECTION: Enable
    eMMC BURST MODE enabled

Downloading...
    Do not turn off target!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ubernub View Post
    Thanks! Here's all the text on the screen:

ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: SCH-R970C
    CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
    SYSTEM STATUS: Official
    KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
    KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
    CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
    WRITE PROTECTION: Enable
    eMMC BURST MODE enabled

Downloading...
    Do not turn off target!!
    I haven't seen the eMMC burst mode before but

KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0 = You haven't voided your warranty yet

KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x1
    = You have voided your warranty.

Flash anything at all now via Recovery or ODIN will trigger the flag to become 0x1

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Warboy, other than the warranty issue, is there anything else that this flag will prevent? Like rooting, OTA upgrading, flashing, downgrading, ...the usual stuff we like to do?

sent from your mama's house.

Overall activity: 1.0%

a couple of quick questions. can I flash the rom and wifi fix at the same time since they both go in different slots or one at a time? do I hurry up and reboot into recovery or just let it reboot normally? will I keep root or if not can I root it again afterwards? sorry I guess thats 3 questions .

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    Warboy, other than the warranty issue, is there anything else that this flag will prevent? Like rooting, OTA upgrading, flashing, downgrading, ...the usual stuff we like to do?

sent from your mama's house.

In concept No, You will just void your warranty by doing so. I know thats a big deal for a 600 dollar device.

You can get root, flash roms, but the KNOX Void Status will become 0x1. and you can't reverse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Compton View Post
    a couple of quick questions. can I flash the rom and wifi fix at the same time since they both go in different slots or one at a time? do I hurry up and reboot into recovery or just let it reboot normally? will I keep root or if not can I root it again afterwards? sorry I guess thats 3 questions .
    No, The ROM needs to be flashed within a custom recovery. The Wifi fix needs to be flashed within ODIN in the Phone slot.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Give it time and Chainfire will update Triangle Away to fix that pesky problem. I've been working and moving into my new house so I haven't had time to do much as of late. I'm grabbing the update now, but I'll play with Odin and see what I can dig up guys
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    Give it time and Chainfire will update Triangle Away to fix that pesky problem. I've been working and moving into my new house so I haven't had time to do much as of late. I'm grabbing the update now, but I'll play with Odin and see what I can dig up guys
    I highly doubt it, Chainfire has called it all the favors he has with people with higher skill then him and still haven't found a way. He's been working on it since 4.3 leaked for other samsung phones. Since like October.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
    I highly doubt it, Chainfire has called it all the favors he has with people with higher skill then him and still haven't found a way. He's been working on it since 4.3 leaked for other samsung phones. Since like October.
    Ye have little faith my friend. Even if he doesn't, someone will come along and use his previous work. Just like other hacks, there will be a bounty and someone will come through. Him or Team Hacksung will figure it out for sure.
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

When you take this OTA from what I've read when you root, flash recovery, or any modification the Knox enabled bootloader triggers a new flag never seen before that version. (KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0 is warranty intact and 0x1 is void)

However, I've been reading a research thread on XDA and many people are saying that the S4's eFuse is triggered by the bootloader. I'm going to assume then that if you update via Odia with a package that excludes the new bootloader. This info is free game for anyone that wants to grab the tarball and rip out the aboot.mbn and tz.mbn. I don't have my own connection in my new house yet so I can do it, but it'll take me a few days. That way you can use the 4.3 FW without the hassle.

Also I have been reading up on US Consumer Law as others have stated for other countries.....

In the US the warranty does remain intact regardless of modifying if it is shown to be a hardware manufacturing flaw like faulty screen, bad buttons, etc, UNLESS is it shown to be a mod that caused the hardware failure like OC or UV.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    When you take this OTA from what I've read when you root, flash recovery, or any modification the Knox enabled bootloader triggers a new flag never seen before that version. (KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0 is warranty intact and 0x1 is void)

However, I've been reading a research thread on XDA and many people are saying that the S4's eFuse is triggered by the bootloader. I'm going to assume then that if you update via Odia with a package that excludes the new bootloader. This info is free game for anyone that wants to grab the tarball and rip out the aboot.mbn and tz.mbn. I don't have my own connection in my new house yet so I can do it, but it'll take me a few days. That way you can use the 4.3 FW without the hassle.

Also I have been reading up on US Consumer Law as others have stated for other countries.....

In the US the warranty does remain intact regardless of modifying if it is shown to be a hardware manufacturing flaw like faulty screen, bad buttons, etc, UNLESS is it shown to be a mod that caused the hardware failure like OC or UV.
    Tz.mdn is safe, aboot.mdn is not.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I wonder if you guys can use Kingo to root and not trip the counter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    July 2009
    Phone
    SSG s4 (jfltecri)

Galaxy s4 - Update - Knox Counter - Odin File
    My phone had been acting weird. Called cricket. No luck. I flashed the odin file I downloaded from Samsung-Updates.com. IT DID NOT TRIP the counter. Just letting you know. I flashed w/ Odin, then checked the counter. NO 0x1.

Overall activity: 33.0%

K my self don't care about warranty anyone know what I can do to get root permission I'm rooted but Knox won't let me get root permission any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk

Customer Since
    July 2009
    Phone
    SSG s4 (jfltecri)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Dale View Post
    K my self don't care about warranty anyone know what I can do to get root permission I'm rooted but Knox won't let me get root permission any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk
    If you use this one I found called SAFEROOT, it'll root you, and not trip KNOX counter.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information