Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

ATT S4 operates on LTE bands 700 (Band 17), 850, 1700, 1900, 2100, 2600 MHz. Cricket S4 LTE bands are 1700, 1900. Says wiki. But as a business decision, if i was ATT, i would not waste time/money making software/sim upgrades for a handful of cricket people with S4's. Then have to deal with their phones working right, other carrier warranty issues, other carrier repair issues, etc... It would cost me less in the long run to just get them to come over to the dark side with GSM phones. But we shall see. Dealer reports will be forth coming answering all questions.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Sept 2006
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I sure hope that's all it's going to take. Just got my S4 last month when my HTC one V took a header into the toilet. Not sure how I feel about this merger, and their "just trust us" email.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

It is also worth noting that at least at the present time, and likely for the merger, the AIO prepaid brand of AT&T is capped at a maximum 8mb downstream speed on 4G LTE, as opposed to the postpaid accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth8883 View Post
    I just bought my s4 yesterday.
    take that thing back, its useless now according to the Rep.

ATT will have to offer a trade in program per FCC rules.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Mar 13, 2014, 4:22 PM by
    Eric M. Zeman

The Federal Communications Commission today approved AT&T's proposed purchase of Leap Wireless and its assets, including Cricket Wireless. The acquisition includes 4.6 million customers, as well as spectrum, network equipment, and other assets, all of which will be transferred from Leap to AT&T. However, based on the FCC's analysis of the proposal, AT&T has to agree to a handful of conditions. First, AT&T has to divest some spectrum in select markets in southern Texas. Second, AT&T has to deploy LTE on Leap's unused spectrum within three to 12 months after the deal closes. Third, AT&T has to deploy LTE in six Texas markets within 18 months. Fourth, AT&T has to offer certain low-cost rate plans. Fifth, AT&T has to offer a device trade-in program for both smartphones and feature phones. Further, AT&T has to maintain Cricket's current CDMA-based roaming agreements for as long as it continues to operate the CDMA network. Last, AT&T has to divest ownership that Leap has in a competitive wireless telecommunications provider (if Leap doesn't divest them before the deal closes). As long as AT&T does all these things, the FCC believes the proposal will have minimal impact on the competitive nature of the market and will be a net benefit to customers who will eventually gain access to AT&T's LTE 4G network. Neither AT&T nor Cricket has said exactly when they expect the deal to close.

FCC Approves AT&T's Purchase of Cricket with Conditions (Phone Scoop)

I was going to return mine on the 1 month mark, but I was told that any payments made to my six-months-same-as-cash purchase agreement would be lost. So much for that idea. We'll have to see how we are treated.

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Well as B4 stated, on the website it has a disclaimer saying that this same Black Cricket S4 and the rest of the Samsung Family will have a inoperable device sooon. Log on

Quote Originally Posted by creamdotcom View Post
    Well as B4 stated, on the website it has a disclaimer saying that this same Black Cricket S4 and the rest of the Samsung Family will have a inoperable device sooon. Log on
    The disclaimers popped up about two weeks after I bought the phone. That's about normal for my luck.

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

But that let's Us know how they feel about the whole deal if nothing else. Look 4 a new device.

Overall activity: 7.0%

I'm going to buy an AIO sim and plan to throw into my Cricket S4. The AIO website says that the S4 will work on voice, text, and 3g and I'll let you know what I find out.

this is from
    Bring Your Own Cell Phone | Unlocked Cell Phones and Cell Phone Plans | Aio Wireless

for my S4's IMEI
    2. Review Compatible Services

Based on your IMEI we checked our database and determined that your device should work on our network. Here's what you'll get:

• Everything Great About Aio Learn More
    • Unlimited Talk and Messaging Learn More
    • Up to 3G Data Speeds Learn More

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since

3G??? They use 4G on ATT network. I entered the IMEI number from my SIII and it said that my device should work on their network as well. I want to go to AIO as well but I haven't been able to unlock or root my SIII for that matter.

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

Quote Originally Posted by jaxs1028 View Post
    I'm going to buy an AIO sim and plan to throw into my Cricket S4. The AIO website says that the S4 will work on voice, text, and 3g and I'll let you know what I find out.

this is from
    Bring Your Own Cell Phone | Unlocked Cell Phones and Cell Phone Plans | Aio Wireless

for my S4's IMEI
    2. Review Compatible Services

Based on your IMEI we checked our database and determined that your device should work on our network. Here's what you'll get:

• Everything Great About Aio Learn More
    • Unlimited Talk and Messaging Learn More
    • Up to 3G Data Speeds Learn More
    Please keep us updated. Thankd for the information.

Overall activity: 7.0%

AIO SIM on it's way. UPS says it'll be here on Friday.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Though I have to wonder if the update these phones will get from the "new cricket" will be a modem rewrite with SIM unlocking?

Overall activity: 9.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S 3

I've called 611 repeatedly and they swear up and down that those that have any of the 4G LTE phones will still be able to use their phones after the transition. But then on the website there is the big disclaimer saying they will not be able to be used. So im sure in time we'll all find out who is full of s#it lol. And both the Cricket branded S3 & S4 have the same frequency bands. I also checked the AIO site and got the same "device is compatible" message with my S3. But also the released statement of "sometime after March the Cricket customers with 4G capable devices will be able to access At&t's 4G makes me question the whole compatibility issue we are all concerned about. Because if we would be able to access it up until the transition then WHY NOT AFTERWARDS??? Just makes we wonder.....

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Not to mention I just talked to someone at AIO WIRELESS and she said the cricket GS3 and GS4 phones are compatible with their company and are wondering why cricket is telling everyone otherwise.... She also said flat out to have anyone that is curious to go to the AIO WEBSITE and enter in your IMEI to check compatibility. Mine Specifically says this....

1) Check compatibility
    Your IMEI number: 99000333XXXXXXX

2) Review Compatible Services
    Based on your IMEI we checked
    our database and determined that your
    device should work on our network.
    Here's what you'll get:

Everything great about AIO
    UNLIMITED TALK & MESSAGING
    UP TO 4G DATA SPEEDS

3) Choose your SIM card
    Micro

Overall activity: 4.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Mine says the same, except it says 'Up to 3G data speeds". Do you have a different model than me, or is it because i'm in the 92103 zip code?

Overall activity: 9.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S 3

I have my S3 here in Illinois right on the border of Wisconsin where we still don't have any 4G from cricket considering the Chicago market is probably the largest but the zip is 60002

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Mine is a SCH-R530C

Pull up their coverage map and see where their 4G LTE is at

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information