Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

The Oracle says You're the one. Take Us Home

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 20.0%

So long as they continue to use UICC smart cards and not new technology, the re-programing is totally possible with the same tools used to update APNs/PRLs/NAM settings etc.

Here's the 411:

SIM lock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't have any spare phones to play with at the moment, but essentially:

CDMAtools/equivalent to get the unlock code
    QPST/DFS/equivalent to program the phone MEID/MDN/etc settings.

Last edited by sindustry; 06-24-2014 at 09:37 AM.

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Sadly the Cricket S3 and S4 are *NOT* world capable. Our radios do not have the GSM capability of the other variants. I have spoken to quite a few people about this and we've debated over it for a while now, but the conclusion we've always ended up at no matter the angle is just that.

The big 4's variants are GSM capable. The USC and Cricket variants were never designed with world capability in mind and it's not as simple as reprogramming or unlocking. They just can't do it.

I hate to admit defeat but unfortunately it's reality.
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 20.0%

I just got through doing some research and unfortunately you are right.

AT&T is making big dick moves:

In the United States only, the two largest carriers are instead implementing 4G LTE in the 700 MHz band, which was reallocated from TV broadcasting during the DTV transition. TV stations were forced to move to lower UHF and even much worse VHF frequencies with poorer mobile TV and even regular terrestrial TV performance, because the 700 MHz band has better radio propagation characteristics that allow mobile phone signal to penetrate deeper into buildings with less attenuation than the 1700 MHz or 2100 MHz bands.

AT&T Mobility devices use former TV channel 55 nationwide (purchased from Qualcomm's defunct MediaFLO pay TV service), and also channel 56 in densely populated areas such as California and the Northeast Corridor. Verizon Wireless holds frequencies just above TV channel 51, which is still in use, causing adjacent-channel interference that is preventing the carrier from using them until the planned top-down spectrum repacking occurs. It more recently acquired higher blocks within the former TV band, which it plans to use first.

Because of this uncoordinated frequency allocation internationally, and uncontrolled usage of frequencies allowed by the U.S. Congress and the Federal Communications Commission caused by considering only the revenue produced by spectrum auctions, even multi-band phones cannot be used on other 4G LTE networks. This limits the free market, and effectively makes cellphone unlocking a moot point, with the major carriers ensuring their phones cannot be taken to competitors by design, rather than by a simple unlock code.

Glad I'm currently studying to be a computer software/hardware engineer. Time to start working on custom chips :P

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information