Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Dialing 228 gets me verizon wireless?

So Yeah I need help big time. I went to reodin the MI3 update and then I installed CM 10.2 nightly for dec 1st. Didnt occur to me that maybe after odin I should have dialed *228 to refresh the PRL but atlas now Im stuck.

Im constantly stuck in roaming; when I dial *228 it takes me to the verizon customer service line..

I go to status in the phone and it says

Network: Roaming
    Serivce State: in service
    My Phone number: 000-000-4026
    MIN is there
    PRL version 1

Ive tried reinstalling the MI3 firmware multi times with same results.. Whats weird is when I open Kies (Which I have no idea how to work) it shows my legit cricket number.. What the hell do I do and what exactly did I do to get it on verizon? Please help guys!

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Also! I had a nandroid but stupidly I thought it was on the SD card but turns out it was on the internal which was wiped when odining

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

So I managed to get a PRL on it and my number back but it still wont make calls or connect to 3g.. I was able to edit PRL and my MSD or whatever via the sprint S4 flashing tutorial but still no data/calls.. I dont know what settings exactly to use

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

odin the stock everything and start over?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

I have odined.. Another problem is when I odin it doesnt seem to wipe everything. I have 3g now but no voice and I cant for the life of me figure it out.. Im gonna try to reodin MI3 and see if it works.. I couldnt connect to CDMA tools in MI3 and only in ME4 So im gonna reodin MI3 and see if it helps but I doubt it. 611 works, *228 works(but doesnt update PRL and says cannot be programmed but it does dial it.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    odin the stock everything and start over?
    I've been trying to call cricket to check my min but no answer.. I got the min I'm using now from my old s2 but who knows if they changed it.. Sigh this is so depressing me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

ok finally got ahold of 611 and my MIN is right so wtf am I doing wrong :|

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Well I guess im out a phone for now until I save to buy another one or until someone can post some answers, Ive tried everything to get voice/mms to work and nothing. I dont understand it at all because 3g connects(slowly but does) and yet voice wont. I just get a busy signal. I dont know what to do so Im gonna go whine until my gf makes me feel better sigh.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Does anyone happen to have a stock nandroid backup I could perhaps borrow please? I wanna back engineer it so I can see which settings are different then what I have? Pretty please! Assuming that a nandroid would even restore my data profile :| I can say Im wishing I had bought the S3, so much more support over there

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

I think SP has stock tars on his goo??

sent from your mama's house.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Thanks for the reply This is becoming really frustating alone lol.. Yeah if you mean his stock mi3 and me4 and stuff, I have those and that isnt what I was asking for I was asking for a nandroid stock or something Im not sure.

Currently Im here:

Network: Cricket
    mobile network type EvDo-rev.A:8
    Sevice state: in service
    my phone number: which is correct
    MIN: 7165634006 (Which according to cricket AND my old phone is right)
    PRL: 35668

Now being that all that seems correct I dont understand why I get a busy tone when I try to call people and I dont understand why dialing *228 doesnt let cricket program my phone.. It IS a cricket phone.

The only I have left to try is to take my sisters S3 PRL from her phone and try that. Do you guys think that a wrong PRL could give me a busy tone when trying to call even IF I have 3g working? I just dont get it guys. Im sorry if I am getting annoying or needy but jesus christ im about ready to seriously trash the entire phone wait a month and buy another one when I have the cash because I think Im just screwed.

Gold Member

I'm also talking about his MF5 tar. And no, the PRL has nothing to do with it unless it is corrupted somehow. There are no "wrong" PRL's. I've used the same PRL driving thru 5 states and it worked fine.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

hmm I see well thanks for the info.. Ive tried reinstalling MI3 and ME4.. both of them didnt seem to work.. wise what would you suggest i do? how can i get talk to work? thanks guys

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

in hopes of better explaining myself and what happened exactly.. This is what happened..

https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-2798

Except I didnt do STOCK and do a RTN Reset like he did.. I did an odin after i went back to stock because I thought I messed something up..

I ended up with roaming always on and no data, and everything I posted in first post.. Then I used the sprint flashing tutorial to get dsf tools or whatever theyre called to reflash my PRL and get back into cricket.. I also changed MIN and the other thing to match what I needed and that is how I ended up where I am now.. How do I go abouts getting it back to the way it was when I first purchased it from cricket? Id imagine a cricket sales rep would know how since I imagine they're not programmed out of box with my MIN and such. Id even be willing to mail the phone and pay for all cost to get this fixed because truthfully this is beyond me.

As of right now I erased data in recovery again, pulled battery and reflashed MF5 gave me an error so I pulled battery and flashed MI3.. It boots now and all default programs are there but no talk/txt and 3g is now buggy again but says im on crickets network and im not roaming.

Gold Member

Seems like with each flash you get some things working differently. On my old HTC, i once had to go into recovery>mounts and storage>format ???. I then formatted (not wiped/erased)system, data, cache, etc... to clean up things and then reflashed the rom. But i have no idea if that would help you and you probably should wait for someone else to help. Good luck!

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    Seems like with each flash you get some things working differently. On my old HTC, i once had to go into recovery>mounts and storage>format ???. I then formatted (not wiped/erased)system, data, cache, etc... to clean up things and then reflashed the rom. But i have no idea if that would help you and you probably should wait for someone else to help. Good luck!
    I've tried that but thanks wise.

It really feels like I need to reflash it to cricket.. I remember getting the same busy tone on my s2 when I first flashed it.. Turned out to not be the prl I needed.. But I've tried the same prl I used for s2.. I get the busy signal now if I try to call on my not in service s2.. Idk.. Really is looking like I'm out 500 bucks since I bought this at normal price lol

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Don't suppose anyone would wanna donate an ESN change to me out of the goodness of their hearts would they? Pretty please with cherries!? Lol. ( I think I'm taking being out 500 bucks pretty good lol.. And I don't really expect anyone to really donate an ESN change so don't flip on me lol..) Thanks tho guys for everyone who has tried to help me.

Last edited by Ledah; 12-03-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Out of curiousity, when you used the flashing tutorial, what did you use for your MCC and MNC?

MCC: 310
    MNC: 090

Use 5361 for your SID/NID and make sure you edit your build.prop to reflect this change:

ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310090
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 12-03-2013 at 07:03 PM.
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information