Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since

Going back to cricket

Guys/gals,
    I bought a used cricket galaxy s4 and told it was in perfect condition. Well, cosmetically it is. I didn't know much till I bought this phone (hours of studying) but now I see the problems. First thing was that the imei's do not match up. The correct one is in the back.
    I was able to connect the phone but I cannot get 3G or 4g. I'm assuming someone tried to use it on another carrier.
    So my question is.....how do I get full 3G?
    I used root checker, I verified it was rooted. Also, the phone does say it was modified and I cannot update.
    So, I have read the thread to unroot the phone but the file size is over 2 gigs.
    What other option do I have?
    I'll dig into the phone if I have to. I'd rather put it all back to stock.
    Thanks in advance. I have lots more respect for you guys after digging into all this. It's crazy
    Kevan

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

use odin to flash the whole firmware back to cricket and hopefully that will solve the issue. http://www.cricketusers.com/s4-root-...-firmware.html

if your phone has wrong IMEI on label it could be an error on the manufacturer's fault. i have seen that one time. you should use the one stored in the phone's memory

Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since

Indica-
    Thank you for your reply and link. I will try and flash that firmware.
    I tried using the one in the phone but cricket told me that it has too many digits. So I took it to the cricket store and they used a scanner on back of the phone. This told me that it was a cricket phone but new software.
    Am I wrong?
    I can't think if anything else.

Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by redhotvert View Post
    Guys/gals,
    I bought a used cricket galaxy s4 and told it was in perfect condition. Well, cosmetically it is. I didn't know much till I bought this phone (hours of studying) but now I see the problems. First thing was that the imei's do not match up. The correct one is in the back.
    I was able to connect the phone but I cannot get 3G or 4g. I'm assuming someone tried to use it on another carrier.
    So my question is.....how do I get full 3G?
    I used root checker, I verified it was rooted. Also, the phone does say it was modified and I cannot update.
    So, I have read the thread to unroot the phone but the file size is over 2 gigs.
    What other option do I have?
    I'll dig into the phone if I have to. I'd rather put it all back to stock.
    Thanks in advance. I have lots more respect for you guys after digging into all this. It's crazy
    Kevan
    It could also be that your original imei is black listed. Call customer service and give them the imei from the sticker, see if it not blacklisted.
    People also modify those to flash to other carriers.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Thread Information