Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Phone
    samsung galaxy s4

HELP!!! I can't send or recieve MMS.

I can't send or receive mms on my samsung galaxys4. I have done everything the customer service reps have told me to do. tI have done a factory reset.changed my apn. pleaseHELPx

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

It's a known issue. My local cricket stores have been calling me daily to see if I found a fix for it yet. I don't even work for cricket lol
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 4.0%

Customer Since
    March2014

I can send MMS using Probam v4.4.9 but when I backup the apns and apply them to any other ROM I still can't send MMS. I've also tried the Cricket MMS APN and aio apns with no success...maybe we just need a ROM specifically built for cricket instead of these unified builds

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

It's something with the apns so having a Cricket specific rom won't change anything. We just need to find the right concoction of info for the apns and pass them on to the rom devs
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Someone might write an app/script that changes the APN one field at a time then trys to send a small mms. then it changes another field and trys sending again, change send, change send, etc.... until it iterates thru all field change combinations with all possible cricket field inputs. Of course, you would have to give it all the possible field inputs for it to iterate. ...just a math thought.

Customer Since
    March2014

Okay so what about the apns that work with probam but not with any other rom? Is it a 4.4.4 issue?

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Yes and no stony. We had this issue back when ICS roms were first arriving on the scene for some flashed phones. It just takes people to tinker and figure out what works

I've concluded the following.

Now with the Cricket's SCH-R970C MMS Touchwiz.

I wanted to find the MMS settings to use on CM/Other AOSP roms.

But this is what I got from logcat

### loadDeviceMmsSettings from API: mUserAgent=SAM_R970C, mUaProfUrl=http://mms.mycricket.com/sam_r970c.xml
    tag: int value: maxMessageSize - 614400
    tag: int value: maxImageHeight - 1944
    tag: int value: maxImageWidth - 2592
    tag: string value: userAgent - Nexus5
    tag: string value: uaProfUrl -
    http://gsm.lge.com/html/gsm/Nexus5-M10.xml

### loadMmsSettings: mUserAgent=SAM_R970C, mUaProfUrl=http://mms.mycricket.com/sam_r970c.xml
    Using a PC, I can't get anything back from the xml URL. Using the phone, I can get back only the following.

parameter location was not included in the GET request
    But can anyone help with getting the sam_r970c.xml?

The only conclusion is TouchWiz Cricket roms no longer use a APN for MMS but yet a live server to check against for MMS settings then pushes them

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

I use to use "mms jig fix" on cm on an older phone. I thought someone posted on this site the updated jig fix for jellybean on cm. Dont know if it applies here.

I've been dealing with this for several days now under CM11 M9, what I've come to believe is that CricKet ported over to AT&T's APN, they've abandoned even the AIO Wireless APN that many people have, and the only people getting MMS and 4G LTE are people who either are getting OTA or who bought newer phones from Cricket that are GSM, not CDMA.

I've had no success in changing my own APN under CM11 (not related to this thread but relevant to some), but for MMS and LTE to work you have to be on the new AT&T APN (from a different thread in the forums) --

Quote Originally Posted by gsdreams View Post
    I just switched my Razr M back to Cricket (new line I moved to a Note2 on my main line). It wouldn't work with any AIO Wireless APN settings either. I ended up copying the ATT Phone APN's from my Note2 in order to get it to work.

Name: ATT Phone
    APN: phone
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: Not set
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC:
    http://mmsc.mobile.att.net

Multimedia message proxy (MMS Proxy): proxy.mobile.att.net
    Multimedia Message Port (MMS Port): 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 150
    Authentication Type: default,mms,supl,hipri,fota
    APN protocol: IPv4
    APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
    Turn APN on/off: (check marked) APN Turned on
    Bearer: unspecified
    Mobile virtual network operator type: non
    Mobile virtual network operator value: Not set
    Stephen and or others, you are the most likely to know more about this issue than anyone else, but I can't imagine CricKet just abandoned all the people who have CDMA phones on their network over the last few weeks. My LTE and MMS were working fine until last week, that made me start looking into this further. Feeling like Warboy is also correct about live server checks.

It seems that since I have a CDMA version of the S4 and they're using AT&T's GSM network now, the phone was previously firmware locked to prevent it from using the GSM band (if I understand correctly) which makes getting LTE/MMS pretty much impossible without a GSM phone now. And like I said, correct me if any of this is wrong, this is just a feeling I get based on what I've been doing.

I've tried to hand edit my build.prop files and my apns-config.xml and adb push them back to the phone; I've lost no connectivity, but I haven't gotten MMS or LTE back as of this writing. I've tried a LOT of different things.

My SGS4 has reverted to 3G only and MMS hasn't worked in weeks. Considering flashing to stock and going OTA until this phone is EOL unless anyone has a better suggestion.

The build.prop settings I came across in another forum relating to using a CDMA phone on a GSM network made me wonder if these need to be tweaked and added to the build.prop file along with adjusting the APN's in order to get LTE/MMS working again for CDMA S4 customers (and others who have CDMA/SIM phones)? I await your advice, Stephen:

Code:
    telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0
    ro.mot.lte_on_cdma=0
    persist.radio.ap.phonetype=1
    ro.telephony.default_network=3
    ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc=0

Last edited by loudersoft; 09-02-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Customer Since
    March2014

My wife has the same phone as I do and she is unrooted OTA 4.4.2 and sends and receives mms fine. We also bought our phones at the exact same time so it sounds like OTA seems to be the only way to go. I've found sites with the 4.4.2 OTA firmware for the SCH-R970C but do not have the knowledge or time to experiment. Could OTA firmware help with getting 4.4.2 roms to work properly with our devices? ie. Graphical anomalies, mms, lte

Quote Originally Posted by stony442 View Post
    My wife has the same phone as I do and she is unrooted OTA 4.4.2 and sends and receives mms fine. We also bought our phones at the exact same time so it sounds like OTA seems to be the only way to go. I've found sites with the 4.4.2 OTA firmware for the SCH-R970C but do not have the knowledge or time to experiment. Could OTA firmware help with getting 4.4.2 roms to work properly with our devices? ie. Graphical anomalies, mms, lte
    Since making this initial post, I've reverted to stock 4.4.2 and OTA'ed. My MMS is working fine again, but I continue to only have 3G service. The reason why is that Cricket's agreement with the local carrier (used to be Sprint) expired for CDMA LTE coverage.

If I want full 4G LTE on Cricket, I'm required to move to a GSM phone.

The APN settings for CDMA service remain what they used to be, the new APN's seen above are *only* for GSM phones. The CDMA Galaxy S4 and other Cricket devices are incapable of transmitting/receiving on the AIO Wireless APN's.

If you revert to 4.4.2 (which you can download stock 4.4.2 at sammobile (takes 2 hours so be patient) and then flash with Odin v3.09) and then OTA, you'll be able to send/receive MMS. You could, then, theoretically re-root and install AOSP like CM11, but I'm not going to risk losing my MMS again until CM11 stabilizes.

Customer Since
    March2014

I'm not worried about 4g as I've never been able to get it in my area anyway. MMS is more warranted and thus I reverted back to cm10.2.1 and still no mms for some reason even though I've used ALL apn info I can find. Could it be my mms.apk? And what settings should work apn wise for jellybean roms or kk roms and are they different? No access to a pc makes it difficult to use Odin
    Last edited by stony442; 09-17-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Thread Information