Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

The New Cricket & S4

New phones plans and app at
    Mycicket.com

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Interesting, it redirects to cricketwireless.com. Seems they are keeping the cricket name (instead of ATT) for marketing purposes. And at 8:45 i cannot log into my account (DNS error). I'm not seeing anything about us existing cricket customers and offering a discount on a newer GSM phone to switch over. I'm guessing they will just wait it out for 6-12 months and hope most people will get a newer phone thru attrition(normal buying turnover) before they have to make a few people get a GSM phone. Unless i've miss read the new website?

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    Interesting, it redirects to cricketwireless.com. Seems they are keeping the cricket name (instead of ATT) for marketing purposes. And at 8:45 i cannot log into my account (DNS error). I'm not seeing anything about us existing cricket customers and offering a discount on a newer GSM phone to switch over. I'm guessing they will just wait it out for 6-12 months and hope most people will get a newer phone thru attrition(normal buying turnover) before they have to make a few people get a GSM phone. Unless i've miss read the new website?
    CDMA customers may have some issues connecting to their cricket account information on the website this morning, they are still tidying up systems for the next couple hours. right away cricket is offering a $50 mail in rebate on any smart phone, and there will be no activation fees to switch over from cdma to gsm.

Gold Member

Thanks indica. I was able to get into the account which redirected to mycricket.com. It seems the plans are similar but a little different and of course the phones being sold are now all GSM phones. The site still says it will throttle if you reach the limit. .

1. Have you noticed any "new hidden ATT fees" or similar surprises?
    2. Is it a transparent effort to add a GSM phone to my account which has a CDMA phone?
    3. It seems the CDMA coverage has remained the same + roaming. And that GSM 4G/LTE coverage is much greater and is one way to get people to switch to GSM. is that how you see it?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Thanks indica. I was able to get into the account which redirected to mycricket.com. It seems the plans are similar but a little different and of course the phones being sold are now all GSM phones. The site still says it will throttle if you reach the limit. .

2. Is it a transparent effort to add a GSM phone to my account which has a CDMA phone?
    3. It seems the CDMA coverage has remained the same + roaming. And that GSM 4G/LTE coverage is much greater and is one way to get people to switch to GSM. is that how you see it?
    I clicked the chat now at the top of cricket wireless.com; and spoke with a rep named Camila who told me that they will be doing trade in for old CDMA S4s.. I then asked what happens if you financed the S4 and she told me that they'll credit the account and you keep paying your contract or whatnot.. I then asked her when we would be able to go to a store and do the trade in and at that moment I accidently clicked the back button on my phone. -.- so I rejoined it and got a jimmy who I explained what I said to Camila and what she said and repeated my last question and he replied "that info isn't available until July" so yeah.. Idk lol

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Oh. Also they said the phone must work and not be blacklisted. Forgot that part lol. Not sure how we can be blacklisted since if we were blacklisted wed have no service..

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

So what happened to the "piggyback" thing with Our S4s? So the byod is not a option unless it's gsm I guess but the cdma network is up so is it a option?

Quote Originally Posted by Ledah View Post
    I clicked the chat now at the top of cricket wireless.com; and spoke with a rep named Camila who told me that they will be doing trade in for old CDMA S4s.. I then asked what happens if you financed the S4 and she told me that they'll credit the account and you keep paying your contract or whatnot.. I then asked her when we would be able to go to a store and do the trade in and at that moment I accidently clicked the back button on my phone. -.- so I rejoined it and got a jimmy who I explained what I said to Camila and what she said and repeated my last question and he replied "that info isn't available until July" so yeah.. Idk lol

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Oh. Also they said the phone must work and not be blacklisted. Forgot that part lol. Not sure how we can be blacklisted since if we were blacklisted wed have no service..
    Nice information you got there!! Hopefully we can trade soon as I too barely bought a galaxy s4 by financing it!

Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

thanks for the questions!

1. yes there are some surprise fees we have not discussed yet, if you do not pay on or before your due date: $5 late fee occurs 1 day after your due date. $15 activation fee 30 days after your due date and $25 activation fee 60 days after you don't pay and still want services.
    that's all! all local/state and fed taxes are included in the prices already. all 911, usf, emergency taxes ARE included in the quoted prices.

2. no. you will have 2 accounts with cricket, one on old cdma cricket like it was, and 1 on new gsm cricket. there are no combined cdma/gsm accounts. they are wholly separate.

3. cdma coverage remains exactly like it was until att starts killing the cdma towers, the roaming and sprint partner agreements are in place until may 2015.
    and yes the "new" network is a huge selling point (except where i'm at on the edge with only hspa+'4g') it is the At&t network. in my opinion it's better than Verizon's nationwide coverage. the other selling point is BYOD, and the new simple plans. no more jumping through hoops of fire to get a discount. the plans that are advertised are the plans you get, more than most places can say.

Gold Member

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

As an existing Cricket customer, do I need to keep paying for my Phone Payment Plan if I switch to a GSM phone?

Yes, you are still responsible for making payments on your Phone Payment Plan as outlined in your agreement with YBUY or Fortiva. However, if you have paid off your YBUY account or have a Fortiva account, you may be eligible to take advantage of our trade-in program. For more details on your payoff amount or on early payoff options please contact: YBUY: 877-761-2976 or Fortiva: 800-710-2961

Someone explain that clearer for me. What does this mean to people who haven't paid off theirs??

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I'm done worrying about this till next Year back 2 enjoying My phone. Soon as and if I get a gsm device.....Google Play Edition rom

Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Ledah View Post
    As an existing Cricket customer, do I need to keep paying for my Phone Payment Plan if I switch to a GSM phone?

Yes, you are still responsible for making payments on your Phone Payment Plan as outlined in your agreement with YBUY or Fortiva. However, if you have paid off your YBUY account or have a Fortiva account, you may be eligible to take advantage of our trade-in program. For more details on your payoff amount or on early payoff options please contact: YBUY: 877-761-2976 or Fortiva: 800-710-2961

Someone explain that clearer for me. What does this mean to people who haven't paid off theirs??

it means you can pay off your financing early, and then trade in your phone to get a discount on a new phone. we will not be accepting financed devices that have not been paid off for trade-ins IIRC.

I wonder if the trade offered is not worth it, will small claims court be an option? If you buy a GS4 and the phone is rendered useless, the company might be forced to provide a GS4 in the same condition that works on their network in small claims.

Anyway I'll wait and see what they offer, but I have already noticed the network going to 1e where it didn't used to, I wonder if AT&T is already refarming spectrum.

... but I have already noticed the network going to 1e where it didn't used to, I wonder if AT&T is already refarming spectrum.
    Just a nudge. They can't do much more until we are forced to transition.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 05-26-2014 at 10:13 AM.

im looking for a 3 device plan, i called cricket yesterday and the lady said there was a 4 for 100 plan but was speaking in very broken english and could not tell me what data limits there were on the devices.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information