Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Angry odin deactivated my gs4

all right guys so help me out this is what i did i was using a custom rom for my galaxy s4 and then i decided to flash a stock rom by sthepen profit anyhow i did a mistake i did not have the whole file because it was split into 2 parts and i only got one stupid of my part i know ended messing my phone with odin during the flash, i got this screen telling me i need kies to restore my device and so on didn't pay attention to it went into
    download mode uploaded through odin twrp on my gs4 and the started flashing a back up a made of stock rom and other roms 4.3, 4.4.2 and so on but notice that when it supposed to tell you about activating your device it never gets activated stock or custom rom jb or kit kat is all the same i don't know what to do i've been getting help from the members but still no use my phone won't get activated dialed *228 it tells me my phone cannot get activated i try to restore apns from another member who's got another gs4 restored his apns on mine through apn back and restore app and does not fix the issue all i can think of is bringing the handset to cricket and have take a look at it and hopefully they can reactivate the phone on the network trust me guys this is really frustating as this is my daily phone but i know is my fault for not paying attention any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. my bootloader it's not locked by the way.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Can you get to the hidden menus? Such as dialing ## and stuff?

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

Yes I can I've been doing a lot today mostly posted on titan's 4.4 twkitkat Rom thread so I'm able to get there but I can't seem to get that stupid triangle from above the signal bars and maker phone calls

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I had the same problem after flashing a messed up cm ROM then going back to TW.. The only thing that worked for me was dialing the code to enable hidden menu then dialing ##RTN# or whatever the hard reset code was.. It reset it back to how it was when I bought it from cricket..

Quote Originally Posted by Ledah View Post
    I had the same problem after flashing a messed up cm ROM then going back to TW.. The only thing that worked for me was dialing the code to enable hidden menu then dialing ##RTN# or whatever the hard reset code was.. It reset it back to how it was when I bought it from cricket..

i don't know what code you are talking about i put the above one and nothing happens along with this others,hidden menu it is enabled by the way

*2767*3855# Full factory reset (Don’t dial unless you have problem, it does not ask you to confirm )
    *#7780# Factory Reset

*#*#7780#*#* Factory data reset

all of those and nothing happens!
    what am i doing wrong?
    what am i missing?

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

i don't know what code you are talking about i put the above one and nothing happens along with this others,hidden menu it is enabled by the way

*2767*3855# Full factory reset (Donít dial unless you have problem, it does not ask you to confirm )
    *#7780# Factory Reset

*#*#7780#*#* Factory data reset

all of those and nothing happens!
    what am i doing wrong?
    what am i missing?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Hang on. I'll find ya something. What firmware are you on?

my bad ledah so the code did worked the 1 you gave me but in order to make it work i gotta do it on this order
    first dial

*#22745927# to enable the hidden menu even though when i go into it it says that is already enable i tap on enable again and hit ok then i dial your code which is
    ##RTN#
    and only then i can actually choose the reset option
    put the 6 zeros code that it ask for and then it goes through.
    it went to twrp cause i have that one installed as recovery it ran the script rebooted and woooooo it frickin' work now i can make calls and receive calls who would have thought that the fix was that easy oh my god i love you man you save my phone and my brains from going crazy again i really thank you for helping me out.
    i'll mark it as solved.
    how can i give you points for helping out to fix the issue?
    and do you know how to change the time on this forum on one's account cause the time is all messed up like for 5 to 6 hours behind for when i post?

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

see the time appears as i posted at 6.09 am but in reality it was 11.09 am so five hours behind is this something i can fix or this a forum's bug it only matters to me cause then i don't wanna be asking help and it's like 3 or 6 in the morning you know lol

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Se

Settings -- General Settings -- Date and Time section.

Se

Settings -- General Settings -- Date and Time section.
    thanks that fix that problem time too

Overall activity: 13.0%

Quote Originally Posted by vicente View Post
    all right guys so help me out this is what i did i was using a custom rom for my galaxy s4 and then i decided to flash a stock rom by sthepen profit anyhow i did a mistake i did not have the whole file because it was split into 2 parts and i only got one stupid of my part i know ended messing my phone with odin during the flash, i got this screen telling me i need kies to restore my device and so on didn't pay attention to it went into
    download mode uploaded through odin twrp on my gs4 and the started flashing a back up a made of stock rom and other roms 4.3, 4.4.2 and so on but notice that when it supposed to tell you about activating your device it never gets activated stock or custom rom jb or kit kat is all the same i don't know what to do i've been getting help from the members but still no use my phone won't get activated dialed *228 it tells me my phone cannot get activated i try to restore apns from another member who's got another gs4 restored his apns on mine through apn back and restore app and does not fix the issue all i can think of is bringing the handset to cricket and have take a look at it and hopefully they can reactivate the phone on the network trust me guys this is really frustating as this is my daily phone but i know is my fault for not paying attention any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. my bootloader it's not locked by the way.

Can you tell me how you reactivated your phone?

Overall activity: 5.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

just a side note... nothing to really do with post... but this is some good info to hang on to.

before doing: root, custom rom, or odin, always write down OS Version, Baseband, kernal, and other info you might need, so next time you Re-Stock Rom, you can find the OEM Version & related ino you need to Correctly put it back.
    i could be wrong but last time i put wrong version back on..... i got no Signal..... just saying!

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Sparkle View Post
    just a side note... nothing to really do with post... but this is some good info to hang on to.

i could be wrong but last time i put wrong version back on..... i got no Signal..... just saying!

Ok well i didnt write anything down what should i do now??? I got no signal and I need help, Also why wont this forum let me start a thread? Many thanks for your help

Overall activity: 5.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

Quote Originally Posted by vpopov81 View Post
    Ok well i didnt write anything down what should i do now??? I got no signal and I need help, Also why wont this forum let me start a thread? Many thanks for your help
    could be a bad Radio or Modem file.... im not sure
    Last edited by Twilight_Sparkle; 06-06-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vicente View Post
    Yes I can I've been doing a lot today mostly posted on titan's 4.4 twkitkat Rom thread so I'm able to get there but I can't seem to get that stupid triangle from above the signal bars and maker phone calls

dude I have the same problem please tell me you know how to fix!!!

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Sparkle View Post
    could be a bad Radio or Modem file.... im not sure

Can you please guide me on what to do???? this blows

Overall activity: 9.0%

Customer Since
    March 201
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

[GUIDE] Galaxy S4 Sim-Unlocking - xda-developers

check this out. its worked for me perfectly, even after bricking my phone many times, factory resets, rom changes. cricket told me that when I removed my sim card that I rendered it useless, but I found this later on and after following the directions, my unusable, broken sim card was resurrected and give new life including LTE full signal, I havent removed it since. also, have you tried *228? also once your oobe is completed, usually by a cricket employee who sold you the phone, you ESN is used to activate your phone. once this is done, the ESN is no longer usable after its one time use. try getting a PRL update, or convince cricket to give you your MSL key code to unlock the phone.
    goodluck

Thread Information