Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Question Root problem - please help

I posted my original request under "Unroot S4?" I stopped getting replies before the issue was resolved, and so I posted a response under the root + recovery thread. I got no reply there either. I have 2 days left to fix this before my family changes the language settings on this phone.

My phone was modified and Superuser was installed, but the root did not work so it is not rooted (verified through Root Checker). I was told to just do what is in the root + recovery sticky post. Here is what I wrote in the other threads about where I got stuck with that:

Ok. I started by downloading onto my computer the ODIN tar - OUDHS CWM-Based Recovery 1.0.3.5 Then I downloaded the Odin3-3.04 file. I put the tar in the Odin3 zip folder and unzipped it. I clicked on the exe file and it opened the Odin3 window. I got my phone into download mode and plugged it into the computer. The computer found the new hardware MSM8960 and the Found New Hardware Wizard searched and searched and never stopped. The blue square never got marked in
    ID.COM

in the Odin3 window. Therefore I did not proceed with clicking on the PDA to choose the tar. What did I do wrong or what do I need to do differently in order to proceed?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

send a personal message to SP or ShabbyP and see if they reply.

Thread Information