Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Angry unable to detect sim card, after upgrading to official kit kat 4.4.2

so basically what i did is update with kies 2.6 and now my phone has many issues like 1 wifi won't even turn on and now i have this stupid message popping out almost every 5 minutes telling me that it can not detect my sim card that just starded happening yesterday i mean the phone had no wifi and it was annoying but at least it work i also remenber ever since i updated i had this problem something like the ui.android ,process has stopped and could not do anything but to turn off the phone,so i factory reset the phone and that went away still with no wifi now i reflashed the firmware with odin i got the firmware from sammobile and well it keeps doing the same stupid stuff no wifi and also sim cannot be detected every 5 minutes it detects it for the first 5 minutes and then nothing what did do wrong please help!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

I have had that same issue a few times. It's an easy fix however you will need to find a firmware package. 4.2.2 packages are the best option.

You will need to use Odin to flash cwm recovery. Once that's done boot the phone into recovery and do a full factory data reset and wipe dalvik. Then you will need to format /system (and only /system). After these are done go to advanced and boot into download mode from recovery(you formatted /system so at this point you have purposely soft bricked it) otherwise you will have to do a battery pull. Use Odin to flash the firmware package you previously downloaded and all will be well.
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

wait so you want to use a lower firmware jelly bean 4.2.2 wipe all that and then get kit kat and would that fix both issues wifi and sim card removed thanks stephen please explain
    Last edited by vicente; 07-06-2014 at 03:04 AM.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by vicente View Post
    wait so you want to use a lower firmware jelly bean 4.2.2 wipe all that and then get kit kat and would that fix both issues wifi and sim card removed thanks steve please explain
    You didn't day what fw you were on. I haven't used the kk fw yet. Doing what I said will trip your efuse so all I can say is use stock recovery to factory reset and see what happens
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

nothing really happens i guess i'm screwed for now

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

nothing really happens i guess i'm screwed for now
    I had similar issues but after physically applying pressure to the sim sard and a few reboots I was good

and always *228

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

You should be able to use kies3 to do an emergency repair

Quote Originally Posted by creamdotcom View Post
    I had similar issues but after physically applying pressure to the sim sard and a few reboots I was good

and always *228
    well trust me i thought about that too and actually done both take the sim card and put it back actually i didn't apply any force on it but i already did the *228 but the problem i doubt is physical but rather software like i'll do kies3 like stephen proffitt suggest thanks for the help.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

thanks stephen i'm an idiot i completly forgot that now i can use kies 3 because i'm on kit kat already i'll give a shot and see what happens i'll post the results as soon as i do it also just to let you know i had this kind of problem before while i was on 4.2.2 jellybean after i messed up something withodin but the message was different and it wasn't as bad as now and i had wifi working at the time the message was activation has been completed or something like that anyways time to fire kies 3 thanks again

so i got this message now Model Name: SCH-R970C
    'SCH-R970C' does not support initializing.

what the hell?
    what can i do know?
    sorry is just that is so frustrating and on top all that i did just to get latest stable firmware through kies i should have stayed on jelly bean damn!

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

OK so I need to know. Did you trip the efuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    OK so I need to know. Did you trip the efuse?
    i'm assuming that's the counter that says 0 to 30 times trip on odin mode, if that's the one no it still says 0 but something curious about device it says device status custom even i lost super user permissions and custom recovery they're back cause i got super su and phillips recovery why you ask?

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

i'm assuming that's the counter that says 0 to 30 times trip on odin mode, if that's the one no it still says 0 but something curious about device it says device status custom even i lost super user permissions and custom recovery they're back cause i got super su and phillips recovery why you ask?
    With the 4.3 update there came a Knox bootloader. If you trip it you can only use a certain softwares namely an exact backup of your phone. I avoided that bootloader like AIDS

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    With the 4.3 update there came a Knox bootloader. If you trip it you can only use a certain softwares namely an exact backup of your phone. I avoided that bootloader like AIDS
    so what can i do now is there any roms that i can flash now, maybe just even one,just to see what happens
    maybe i gert wifi back at least i don't why but i fpund that i toggle airplane mode for like 6 times usually the removed sim card message does not apppear at all or takes way longer.

so far i installed philz recovery and went back to install a rom from a fellow cricket users member titan i installed his port from us cellular twkitkat rom and wifi is working fine and i don't the stupid simcard removed crap i was getting with the official kit kat for cricket but one thing that pisses me off is that every video i record with the stock camera is unable to play smoothly i talked to titan about that but every possible he gave didn't work so the trade off for now is no camera also i remenber this rom would freeze for no damn reason we'll see what happens now.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

so far i installed philz recovery and went back to install a rom from a fellow cricket users member titan i installed his port from us cellular twkitkat rom and wifi is working fine and i don't the stupid simcard removed crap i was getting with the official kit kat for cricket but one thing that pisses me off is that every video i record with the stock camera is unable to play smoothly i talked to titan about that but every possible he gave didn't work so the trade off for now is no camera also i remenber this rom would freeze for no damn reason we'll see what happens now.
    I'll work on a stock stripped rom later. I have the cricket fw now and will have a basic version later tonight or tomorrow some time

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information