Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

ESN Activation Sprint HTC One m7_wls

I called cricket today to have my esn moved to my gently used HTC One m7_wls and I was strangly turned down do the excuse of "Your phone is not tri-band, therefor we cannot activate your phone. I simply gave the agent the ESN, she said that she would wave the transfer fee, they put me on hold for 5 minutes and then gave me that excuse. Does that sound right or could it have been that the agent simply didnt know what to do.

[Q] ESN? - Page 2 - xda-developers

After reading the above post, it appears that cricket is more liberal with connecting phones from other carriers. I am not changing the ESN (illegally) but just wanting to activate the phone as is. After looking at the specs:

HTC One specs

I can see that CDMA is dual banded and LTE is tri-band. I am starting to think that the agent didnt know how to activate this phone on their network. Any advise is most appreciated.

Last edited by metallica1973; 09-30-2013 at 01:41 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

update:

I managed to get the esn transferred to the new phone but they say that I need to do a *228 to activate it. It has the original Sprint ROM and when I attempt to dial that number, I dont get the OTA activation. It says, to make a collect call press one and etc.. Any suggestions
    Last edited by metallica1973; 09-30-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Problem resolved. I am putting together a decent tutorial so people wont have to suffer like I did with incomplete fragmented info.

Thread Information