Goal: Find a mount which would support a larger phone or smaller Android based tablet to enjoy Torque1. This mount needs to firmly grip the device and not allow it to vibrate a tremendous amount. It would also be nice if it didn't look horrible and was easy to mount the phone properly/quickly.

Solution: EXOGEAR ExoMount Tablet S

This mount retails for $49.95, and I believe it was worth every penny. It is hard to sharp shoot its faults when it does such a good job of fulfilling my goal.

Its flexibility guarantees that I will be able to use it in the future with other devices. I shouldn't outgrow this product quickly.

Now enjoy my crummy video and pictures. Tested it with the Note 2, Galaxy S, and HTC One so far...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ProtectionReviews_GalaxyS4_ExoGaer.jpg 
Views:	4445 
Size:	882.2 KB 
ID:	4269

Name:	ProtectionReviews_GalaxyS4_ExoGaer2.jpg 
Views:	5060 
Size:	959.6 KB 
ID:	4270

Name:	ProtectionReviews_HTCOne_ExoGaer.jpg 
Views:	3304 
Size:	947.8 KB 
ID:	4271

Name:	ProtectionReviews_HTCOne_ExoGaer2.jpg 
Views:	7166 
Size:	882.7 KB 
ID:	4272

On the Galaxy S4, it would be easy to charge and access the power button. Not so much for the headphone jack. Bluetooth is the key for audio if using this mount.

The charge port is not in the center of the HTC One. It would have to be offset in order for the charger to be plugged in. You also can't plugin a 3.5mm headphone jack. Again, use bluetooth if possible. You wouldn't want the device to go into sleep as it would be hard to press the power button.

Manufacturer's Website:

EXOGEAR - Makers of Car Mount Battery Pack Cases for Smartphones and Tablets

1 - Torque is an Android application.

Description from Play Store:

See what your car is doing in realtime, get OBD fault codes, car performance, sensor data and more!

Torque is a vehicle / car performance / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU
Layout your own dashboard with the widgets / gauges you want!

It can use the GPS to provide tracker logs with OBD engine logging so you can see what you were doing at any point in time

It can also show and reset a DTC / CEL / fault code like a scantool. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!