Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: bought a tablet

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Ascend 2

Bought a tablet

Last week I went to office depot and was looking at tablets. They let me barrow the Toshiba Thrive for a few days to test it out and see if I like it. I do. So over the weekend I went ahead and bought it. So far I am enjoying getting to know it. It is quite similar to my phone so that helps. I wasn't sure if the apps for phone would do well on the bigger, non phone system. A few have had minor issues. My phone has go launcher on it and tha trealy isn't designed for a non phone set up but I found go launcher HD specifically for tablets.
    The other minor issue is that where I live supplies internet and it's on a LAN cable not Wi-Fi. As a result I am using the hot spot feature on my phone. It's actually pretty quick but I use my phone for a few online things like radio and I don't want that throttled down. I am watching the usage on mycricket.com and I'll kinda use this month to get a feel for the "millage". I also frequent a Perkins in the evenings so I can use there's. I went there to load apps and such today. I spose if I need to I can look at crickets broadband service. I would rather avoid that if I can simply because I'm LAN connection is free and I'm a tight wad.
    Anyway if anyone has any experience with connecting with their phone and or the broadband service let me know what you know
    Last edited by Dewmik; 07-08-2012 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Im also learning that my spelling on it suxs

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

you should get a wireless router/ wifi hotspot

Amazon.com: Cisco-Valet Wireless Router: Electronics

Phone
    Ascend 2

I was looking into that in I. The problem is a wireless router needs information that I am not privileged to.

Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
    I was looking into that in I. The problem is a wireless router needs information that I am not privileged to.
    you just tell the router to get all the information automatically. it's not a modem. . . i've used these a lot before

Newegg.com - TP-LINK TL-WA901ND Wireless N Access Point Up to 300Mbps/ Detachable Antenna x3/ Support AP, Client, Repeater, Bridge/ Up to 4 SSID

Phone
    Ascend 2

They have it set up to need to put in the info. I am thèsuper at a 133 room hotel so they don't want that much usage. We already have an issue with the darn thing slowing down. We only have a T1 line shared to all the rooms plus the reservations desk. My room is actually 2 rooms attached so tecnicaly I have 2 LAN connections. However I am only allowed 1 user name and password. The internet here was definitely und engender'd . Were working on an upgrade but not untell late summer early fal. Here that means 2025

Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

wow a T1!!! they must be charged a ton of money for that. . . it's not so bad if you have or need a lot of phone lines. all the new digital solutions are faster and better imo. . anyhow no matter what the setup is you can always put a 'bridge' on it. or you could get a wifi usb dongle for your computer and turn it into a hotspot. most laptops have this ability built in.
    instructional video to turn a usb wifi adapter into a wifi hotspot to share your LAN over wifi

How to use a Wireless USB Adaptor as a WiFi Access point ( Laptops, ipod touch) - YouTube

usb dongle

WIRELESS USB 2.0 ADAPTER on eBay!

Phone
    Ascend 2

T 1 sounds nice until you factor in there are 133 other users plus the office who has the majority of usededacated to them. I am the maintenance here and get the unit as part of my pay but I am still limited to the services ray offerunder the conditionsthey have in SOP

Thread Information