Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: Craigslist

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

Craigslist

So I posted my HTC Evo 3D for sale on craigslist. I described it as well as I could.

It has a screen protector, body glove case, no scratches on screen, otherwise in excellent condition. My asking price is 225 since it still has a clean esn with sprint, and within 10 mins of the post going live I get the usual texts....

hey I saw the phone on craigslist, how much you want for it?

I'll give you 100 right now for the phone.

And the list goes on.

Why is it so difficult to sell something on that site?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Low ballers are frequent EVERYWHERE. I even get them on eBay where I can easily see the average going rate for a product. Lame..
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Don't get discouraged, you will find a buyer. There are many dealers looking to fill inventory. I recently sold a vehicle that booked for 5k and the average offer was $1500.00. I was insulted, and actually had an issue with someone that came to give it a test drive. After they completely wasted my time and gas I recommended they go to the junk yard and try to buy just the wheels and tires for that price. Same with phone sales! To make a long story short I sent them to other CL ads that were more in their price range. Direct them to a "go phone" of some sort or any $20.00 phone. Impress upon them that this is what folks that don't have very much money can get. Be sure to reassure them that not having very much money is nothing to be ashamed of but your item is clearly out of their price range! You will see that they will want to pay full price just because you reinsulted them and tested their manhood.

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

Well, I finally found a buyer and he works at a cricket store. We settled at 200 and couldn't be happier. Tomorrow I have to take my son to the doctor and that will help me out.

Phone
    Droid 3, Droid X2

i had a guy offer me $300 for a $1200 computer i was selling on Cl for ONLY 600 and i told him no cuz 1) i was insulted and 2)cuz he tried to low ball me. and then on top of that as if he thought it was gonna change my mind he started to insult me even more telling me what it was worth even thow i was the one who ordered the parts and built it from the ground up and telling me "its only worth what someone will pay"........well he was rite 10 min later i had 3 people call me and ended up getting $850 for it cuz they all wanted it lmao

Overall activity: 2.0%

Its funny how people try to low-ball you then insult you. People do that to me also.

Thread Information