Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

View Poll Results: Were you an ex-Scam Artist?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 50.00%
  • No

1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Phone
    Magic HTC EVO 4G

Post How eBay and PayPal was first scam! Summer, 2001

Hey CricKeteers,

I got a story to tell you guys. Please don't terminate me from this forum! eBay and PayPal was first affected by identity theft back in September 2001. Sensative information such as credit card info, bank accounts, PayPal/eBay passwords, etc... was gathered by the hackers. Money was sent in huge amounts to some fake bank account numbers. Hackers took over the PowerSeller accounts from eBay. This was happening before September 11th, 2001. Anyways, one of the Anonymous member sent me this e-mail, Subject: How scam reaches the internet. From e-mail "ieet****@yahoo.com (See Attachment). Thanks for reading this post! This is off the topic!! ^^;

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Tareef Truong <vietking707@gmail.com> wrote:
    Is a metro android phone. I am in vallejo
    On Aug 27, 2011 1:46 PM, "Don Tran" <ieet****@yahoo.com> wrote:

eBay and Paypal got scam 2001!

The Year was June 10, 2001. I was a known to be a brilliant student during my last year at San Leandro High. I started using a formmail program that can send to any e-mail with any domain name. That was when your mind set to get personal information such as eBay IDís and PayPal e-mailís. With a scam e-mail sent to the victim into a forgery web site. Morning, 8:00 AMÖ September 11th, 2001. A friend I know from high school called me about a WTC Tower was hit. I turned on the T.V on FOX network. Then I saw the second plane hit the tower. About a week, I started becoming a known Scam Artist. The mass media doesnít fool me. I started setting up a forgery web site but had no income. I never had a credit card or a local bank. If someone was to invest in me, that Mentor will be multi-millionaire. I had a mass spamming software that would send out thousands of e-mail in a day. I sent out an e-mail scam and for that matter, I gained about 30 Verified Paypalís and 60 eBay IDís. I also had their Social Security number, Bank Account and Routing, Driversí License, Debit/Credit Card numbers, etcÖ I was playing Starcraft and Diablo 2. I got all the best unique items on D2LOD worth 900$ each! SOJís, Godfather, Windforce, etc.. Made some good money ^^; Use stolen eBay passwords to forge an auction. Set up a drop address for the stolen goods. I gave some of my gifts to my homies. Authentic Jordans, Armani Sunglasse, Rolex watches; you get the picture.

>
    > On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 8:38 AM, Tareef Truong <vietking707@gmail.com>wrote:
    >
    >> Hey sorry. Had a rough night last night. Im still not home yet. If u still
    >> want it, i can give u a call when im back in town
    >> On Aug 27, 2011 7:24 AM, "Don Tran" <ieet****@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >> > ** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
    >> > ** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
    >> > ** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
    >> > ** More Info:
    craigslist | about > scams

>>
    >> >
    Then I was in the shadows ever since. If I start up a bank account and western union, I would come up with hella racks. Ha, there was a time when the police knock at my door to get the stolen motor scooter. I was nervous, my first time approaching something serious about federal crime. I saw and we was talking. That fool went in looking for the scooter. He had no search warrant but I made him sweat though because he gotta break the shade door because my dad wasnít home. Sweating like a pig for real. Finally, he got the scooter and bounce. After that day, I stopped spamming for identity theft. It was 2002, I was sent to jail for an assault at the mall. eBay and PayPal was involved because most eBay users use PayPal as a way of payment. PayPal told eBay to hide the userís email address for it may be connected to us. They did that almost overnight. The guy upstair wasnít so happy. Now with firefox taking over the internet browser; more internet security measures was use. I had a fun experience back then, I was locked on the computer screen but my vision was still good. Everyone in my school know about me through that experience. No one ever heard about it. Now I wasnít like that anymore. Now I have a job for years, I dropped out of college many times. I work as a Loss Prevention agent at the Supermarkets. I want to find ways to help stop theft loss as possible. Iím one of the good guys now. I got my BSIS card, Baton permit, firearm permit, and T/G. To stop scam is to become one. To walk into their shoes and blend in. I find ways to stop the employees and consumers from committing a crime but they are on the rise.

>> >
    >> >
    >> > ------------------------------------------------------------------
    >> > This message was remailed to you via:
    >> sale-bvr6m-2566346071@craigslist.org
    >> > If this email is a scam or spam please flag it now:
    >> >
    >>
    craigslist | Thanks for flagging.

>> > ------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

I'm a little confused.

First of all, were you the scammer?

Secondly, were these emails between you and someone else?

It looks like this was posted on Craigslist too.

I'm so lost.

Anyway, what people need to understand is, if they're good at hacking, and finding security issues, they can make money by doing it, all legally. Instead of doing it illegally and getting money that you know is "stolen" and having that on your conscience, contact one of the companies for a job. It would be great to help out. I remember watching a TV show with people that used to break into houses. After they got punished for their crimes, they then went and helped others secure their homes.

Phone
    Magic HTC EVO 4G

Yeah, will I used to be a scammer, now I want to help stop the local / state theft aswell as online security theft. If you or someone you know that may help me find a good security company and use my knowledge and skills toward the fight of theft; please let me know and contact me through Yahoo Messenger. I am located in California and I think the Security field is a good jump start in my career. Thank you!!!

Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Viet View Post
    Yeah, will I used to be a scammer, now I want to help stop the local / state theft aswell as online security theft. If you or someone you know that may help me find a good security company and use my knowledge and skills toward the fight of theft; please let me know and contact me through Yahoo Messenger. I am located in California and I think the Security field is a good jump start in my career. Thank you!!!
    Interesting.. Do you have Google Talk? If so, PM me on here. I'd like to hear more of your story.

Thread Information