Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Droid x

i was going to start a phone flashing "business"

I was going to start a phone flashig service in my area, post a listing on craigslist and make a website advertising it locally and doing it remotely. Im very familiar wiyh web design and web hosting as well as pretty comfortable with flashing.

I wanted to know what all should i know to make a business of it, of course this wont be my full time job it would be a side job after i get off work at my primary job. Any tips?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Make your listings look more professional and beware of doing stuff that gets your posts flagged. There are already haters out there that will try to flag your listings.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Start a good relationship with a cricket dealer who does not do flashing You will need someone to give you the mdn, min and do esn changes.

Phone
    Droid x

There is a cricket dealer who dont do flashing anymore. The guy who did it moved away and i told them i have pretty much everything i need and they have my number and if they want to start flashing again they will let me know.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by symbiance View Post
    I was going to start a phone flashig service in my area, post a listing on craigslist and make a website advertising it locally and doing it remotely. Im very familiar wiyh web design and web hosting as well as pretty comfortable with flashing.

I wanted to know what all should i know to make a business of it, of course this wont be my full time job it would be a side job after i get off work at my primary job. Any tips?
    I would say knowledge of webdesign and hosting have little to nothing to do with what you want to do.

That said, what you'll need knowledge of:
    Flashing (obviously) and I don't think "pretty comfortable" is good enough for more that a hobby but thats me. I'm pretty comfortable going fast in my car, but I know thats not good enough to make a racer out of me.
    Advertising. Craiglist is good but not everyone does Craigslist. How else are you going to get the word out?
    Bookkeeping. Without this you'll spend all the money you make and not keep up on your expenses and taxes.
    Sales. If you can't sell well then...
    Local laws and regs. Knowing what you'll need for licensing etc is huge. You dont want to run afoul of the local bureaucracy.
    Legal responsibilities and liabilities. Are you protecting yourself if you break someones phone?
    Relationship building. If you aren't any good at that you'll fail. Having a solid relationship with a local Cricket dealer who will help you, recommend you and support you is invaluable. And you'll need that in place before you have any real chance, in my opinion.
    Thats a good start

And I am curious, how do you plan to flash phones remotely?
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Listen to Woof! ^^

Phone
    Droid x

I was just going to offer services like remote flashing and in person flashing. I wasnt going to go through all that, i just wamted to start small then build up from there

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by symbiance View Post
    I was just going to offer services like remote flashing and in person flashing. I wasnt going to go through all that, i just wamted to start small then build up from there
    What does "I wasn't going to go through all that" mean?
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I think he means start really small like I did before I made this site. Flash a few phones here and there for some extra dinero and see how it goes.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

In Canada you can definitely get away with something like this, I use to jailbreak and unlock phones, I didn't collect tax, or do any kind of business, just as most kids who cut their neighbours lawn don't..

I don't know how strict the laws in the U.S. would be for this kind of thing, but keep in mind there isn't tax jail in Canada.

Anyways, isn't there a certain amount of income you can make from something before you have to become a legit business with a license and pay taxes? I know this is a fact back home.

Phone
    Droid x

yes exactly. I wws just going to offer phone flashing and see how it goes, if it goes well then i would expand my services. Of course ill look into local business laws so i would be legit.
    I wouldnt be worried about expenses too much as it wouldnt be my main job .

I didnt think this would be something the government would tax.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

You can get away with it. Do people that sell illegal drugs collect tax?

Is it completely and 100% legal. I'd go into the grey area here. Govt always wants a little money. Believe me. I know about Uncle Sam and he has a big... and it hurts.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Well if you call it a business, the govt will want their chunk. If it's a hobby and you take donations.... Thing is though govt see any money changing hands and they want in. Tread carefully especially if you advertise on the web that you do these things for money.

Good luck.

Phone
    Droid x

Ill look into my local govt to see what i can do be on good side lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information