Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

Landlines are down

Looks like most of the cities landlines are down. I have no idea what is going on but people like usual start to panic.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by wthigon View Post
    Looks like most of the cities landlines are down. I have no idea what is going on but people like usual start to panic.
    That's weird..

The phones were down here yesterday because of an earthquake (so many people calling at the same time).

I wonder what's going on there..?

Is the Internet down for some people too? Is the cell phone network overloaded (yet)?

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

No. It looks like its AT&T that is down including its cell network. That means whoever has internet with them also. Nothing happening here and cell networks are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by wthigon View Post
    No. It looks like its AT&T that is down including its cell network. That means whoever has internet with them also. Nothing happening here and cell networks are fine.
    Interesting. I would definitely call and request a credit if my service was down.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

They probably have disclaimers which protect them in this event. Giving refunds when you have to spend money to fix something is always hard for me to do.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Interesting. I would definitely call and request a credit if my service was down.
    Things like this hurt the economy and take jobs away from Americans..

People are too quick to ask for credit, return items, and complain.

I think they would understand if they ever owned or managed any sort of business ever.

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    Things like this hurt the economy and take jobs away from Americans..

People are too quick to ask for credit, return items, and complain.

I think they would understand if they ever owned or managed any sort of business ever.
    I've received hundreds of dollars in credits from many companies in the past. I even remember calling Virgin Mobile and asking for a credit from a dropped call. It took about an hour but I got my eighteen cents or whatever it was!

I usually get credits from retention deals. They want to keep me as a customer so they give me a deal.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

I've received hundreds of dollars in credits from many companies in the past. I even remember calling Virgin Mobile and asking for a credit from a dropped call. It took about an hour but I got my eighteen cents or whatever it was!

I usually get credits from retention deals. They want to keep me as a customer so they give me a deal.
    I think you're one of those people who believe businesses should never make a profit and they should give handouts to private citizens ?

I think you're one of those people who believe businesses should never make a profit and they should give handouts to private citizens ?
    Nope, it's just that if credits are available for my account, I want them.

I'm upset with the local pizzerias because they're not willing to give a little. If they give a little (by having coupons, etc) it will pay off. These pizzerias rip the coupons out of their menus. I would order a medium pizza everyday if it was $5, but it's not so I don't get it. I'd get cheese fries and a slice of pizza everyday if the total was just $5, but it's not. I ask if they have any 10% off deals, and they say they don't. So, what do I do? I just eat from home. If they want my business they need to make their deals more attractive. How about I buy $100 gift card at 20% off, so I get it for $80? That would basically give me 20% off of everything. Then maybe I'd shop there more. But of course they're not willing to do that so I just don't give them my business. There is one pizzeria that will give me 10% off whenever I ask for it. So, I'll continue to give them my business. Stuff like that will make me want to go back.

I suggested a good offer to one of the local pizzerias, and the guy just saw what he "lost". Oh, if I give out a large pizza at $7 instead of $11 I'm losing $4 per pizza. He doesn't understand the fact that ten times the amount of people would come to get the deal. So, that would make up for that money lost, and instead would be gaining money and making a profit. He just doesn't look at it like that. Also, if you sell a pizza at a good price and get people to come in, some of those will just pick up a soda for $3 or whatever it costs. They also might get a bag of chips, and why not an order of mozzarella sticks while they're there? That's stuff that adds up that they wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

I go to a pizzeria and they try to offer me a "deal". I'll give you six slices for $8, they will say. So, I say, well I'll take three for $4 (which is just half of what he offered..). And then they say I can't get that deal. So, I just leave. I try to work with people, but they're not willing to work back. It seems like I'm only successful at a car dealership. That's where I really get what I want.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

I don't get why people are suprised america is losing jobs when this is the mentality they have. They aren't willing to let local business make a few dollars profit.

Sent from my SCH-R915 using Tapatalk

I don't get why people are suprised america is losing jobs when this is the mentality they have. They aren't willing to let local business make a few dollars profit.

They would make more of a profit (at least from me they would) if they worked on their negotiating skills a little.

It's just like when a pizzeria has three slices of plain left, and just takes a new whole pizza out of the oven. Let's say I want four slices of the new pizza, and they say they need to sell the old first, I'll just leave, because I want it fresh. Now, they could have given me the fresh pizza, gotten some of my money instead of none, or they could have said, well I'll give you the rest of the old pizza half price, and I could have gotten that.

If someplace doesn't negotiate, I don't always give them my business.

Now, am I going to go to Wal-Mart and tell them I'm only going to buy five pounds of cheese if they give me a dollar off my next shopping order? Of course not! I know those places have guidelines they need to follow and there is nothing they can do. I won't even try to negotiate with Pizza Hut, since they're a chain, but if it's a local place I sure will try..

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

They would make more of a profit (at least from me they would) if they worked on their negotiating skills a little.

It's just like when a pizzeria has three slices of plain left, and just takes a new whole pizza out of the oven. Let's say I want four slices of the new pizza, and they say they need to sell the old first, I'll just leave, because I want it fresh. Now, they could have given me the fresh pizza, gotten some of my money instead of none, or they could have said, well I'll give you the rest of the old pizza half price, and I could have gotten that.

If someplace doesn't negotiate, I don't always give them my business.

Now, am I going to go to Wal-Mart and tell them I'm only going to buy five pounds of cheese if they give me a dollar off my next shopping order? Of course not! I know those places have guidelines they need to follow and there is nothing they can do. I won't even try to negotiate with Pizza Hut, since they're a chain, but if it's a local place I sure will try..
    So you pick on the small businesses who are being run out of town by walmart while giving walmart your business? This is like I said hurting the local economy.

I'm not trying to pick on you but as someone who has worked closely with small business owners and plans on being one in the future it pains me to see this kind of attitude and can figure out exactly why jobs are outsourced.. Americans want high wages and don't want to put the money back into the local economy

So you pick on the small businesses who are being run out of town by walmart while giving walmart your business? This is like I said hurting the local economy.

I'm not trying to pick on you but as someone who has worked closely with small business owners and plans on being one in the future it pains me to see this kind of attitude and can figure out exactly why jobs are outsourced.. Americans want high wages and don't want to put the money back into the local economy

I go to Wal-Mart because they have good prices. If the local shops had good prices also, I'd shop there too. I understand with some things they don't have much room to move, but with others I think they sure can work on their marketing and negotiating skills.

I would really like to shop at the local businesses, but they're not willing to budge on their prices.

I really think if they changed their ways they'd end up making more money than if they didn't.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

They can't budge on their prices because you don't give them business... eventually they'll shut down... do you know how much it costs to operate a business and how long it takes for it to become profitable (if it ever does) ?

I shop at walmart too but mostly because they and the other chains have run all local businesses away..

I'm really curious about what you do for a living.. its obiously not in sales.

They can't budge on their prices because you don't give them business... eventually they'll shut down... do you know how much it costs to operate a business and how long it takes for it to become profitable (if it ever does) ?

I shop at walmart too but mostly because they and the other chains have run all local businesses away..

I'm really curious about what you do for a living.. its obiously not in sales.

Don't you think people would give them business if they worked on their offers a little more?

They would profit more, in my opinion, if they had deals that appealed to the customers more. If I can get 10% one place (which I mentioned earlier) why would I go to the other place that will charge me full price? I actually try to help out. If I'm there late at night, I'll offer them some money for the rest of the pizza so it doesn't go to waste (or go to one of the drivers). If it did, they wouldn't get any money, so I thought I was being nice by offering them something, with just saving a dollar or two.

When you go to get a car, do you pay full price? I negotiate as much as I think is reasonable. I understand they need to make a profit, so I'm not going to fight so they don't make any. I just make sure I get a good deal while they make some money at the same time.

This most recent Pizza Hut deal I thought was great. If you "liked" them on Facebook or gave them your email address they would give you a free P'Zone with a purchase of a large pizza. I thought that was a great deal. Sure, they're giving away something that's $5 value for free, but just think of all those people that ordered pizza (such as myself) that wouldn't have otherwise. What about those who picked up a soda like I mentioned earlier? Stuff like that will add up, and it makes up for that money lost in the initial offer.

I'm definitely for shopping locally, but what bothers me is when I know they can work on their prices and don't. I know what their profit margins are on some of their offerings and it's crazy. They can double their profit with a little work, but they don't want to try, because they just view what they're losing, not what they're gaining.

I'm not going to go into my current employment situation, but I will say that I did work in sales, and we actually did start working on the prices of the accessories. There are so many people that will walk out without a case, and if you offer them a deal, and show them that if they purchase it now they will save some money, they might just get it.

I'm really enjoying the discussion, 154-4bdu114h.

Thread Information