Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

So let's talk politics

Ran across this little exchange on Facebook today. Thought it might be fun to discuss.

Original poster put this picture on wall and indicated they liked it.
    321257_10150327843899356_310071639355_7618897_2091928517_n.jpg

Commenter said "THis picture is indicative of what we get to see in 2012 right?"

OP said " I guess if you want more of what got this country in the bind it's in now after 8 years of Bush!!!!!"

Commenter replied " So you're saying Obama is good enough to fix the problems Bush caused, h's just not good enough to do it in 4 years."

FYI the "Commenter" is me, so you know my position on the matter.

Discuss. I'll post additional comments as they become available from FB.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

FB OP response

"Well if the Republicans (who guaranteed he would only be in office for 1 term by voting against everything he wants to do) stop acting like children in a play lot and work together, we would already have seen some positive outcomes. Please don't act like he's the reason we're in a recession and don't act like the Republicans have done anything the last 3 years to help the country out of it."

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Commenter response;

" So the fact that The Democrats controlled both houses of Congress during the last two years of Bush's last term (2006-2010) how can you blame the Republicans? If the Dems had MAJORITY in BOTH houses, wouldn't they be able to do whatever?"
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

I never have and never will waste my time voting in any election what-so-ever. Politicians are all the same to me..

I'll decline any further comment.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

FB OP
    " Because the republicans had it the previous 6 years and made a mockery of the country.The Democrats controlled both houses during the entire Clinton term and the country went from garbage to greatness. The cleaned up Papa Bush's crap and had the country headed in the right direction. I'm not trying to change your mind about anything... only voicing my choice which is why I don't go onto any of my friend's posts that are pro Republican and say anything. I have nothing positive to add and they have they're minds set so that's that. If you want a political debate you're not gonna get it here....that's not what this forum (post) is here for."

Funny I didn't really start the politics of the discussion, I just asked a question. Yes it was designed to get a response. This is just another example of the hypocrisy of the left.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    I never have and never will waste my time voting in any election what-so-ever. Politicians are all the same to me..

I'll decline any further comment.
    See now I would say folks like you are part of the problem. While voting may not always effect change. not voting removes any chance.
    I know you are a religious guy and a Muslim I think. If the country you were allowed to vote in had an election and the decision was to allow Muslims to practice their religion or not, would you then vote? What if they were deciding on the fate of Christians? The right to have children? The right to work where you wanted to? Have the friends you chose yourself?
    I can see note voting in certain cases, but to say you never will is a bit short sighted, IMHO.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

It's against my principles to vote, especially when no matter who I vote for they will continue killing my brothers and sisters around the globe.

I am an immigrant to the USA, but I was born in Canada, and I was not born in a Muslim family, but a Christian one.. This coupled with the fact their is no true Islamic state is the only reason I remain.. I don't have the money or know any other language fluently so I am stuck..

My religion is against oppression against any human being or animal, and in my opinion the political and financial systems world-wide are extremely oppressive.

This is why I don't talk politics outside of religion-based forums.

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

Nobama!

Although I find it hilarious how everyone voted for him because he is our first "black" president and then it backfired on them.

I'm not getting any further than this. Sorry.
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Obama Murderama - Let's bomb U.S. citizens for dissent!!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

It's against my principles to vote, especially when no matter who I vote for they will continue killing my brothers and sisters around the globe.

I am an immigrant to the USA, but I was born in Canada, and I was not born in a Muslim family, but a Christian one.. This coupled with the fact their is no true Islamic state is the only reason I remain.. I don't have the money or know any other language fluently so I am stuck..

My religion is against oppression against any human being or animal, and in my opinion the political and financial systems world-wide are extremely oppressive.

This is why I don't talk politics outside of religion-based forums.
    Ok so if not politics, how about religion? I am curious about some of your statements, so I'd like to ask a few questions. Just questions. I am not making judgements, just looking for info. If the question comes across judgmental, write it off as ignorance on the subject, please.

It's against my principles to vote,
    Explain. Does this mean you don't think individuals have any right to a say in their own lives?
    I was not born in a Muslim family, but a Christian one.
    Did your whole family convert or was it just you? In either case, why? If it was just you, what did your family have to say about it? Why did you choose to become a Muslim?
    This coupled with the fact their is no true Islamic state is the only reason I remain.. I don't have the money or know any other language fluently so I am stuck..
    So from this I take it you would prefer to live in a place where religion is government. Why?
    My religion is against oppression against any human being or animal, and in my opinion the political and financial systems world-wide are extremely oppressive
    .Most religions are based on my research and understanding. People are what make anything oppressive. Religion is sometimes the tool they use. There are a multitude of oppressive Christian and Muslim countries that have existed throughout history, and some exist today. Why do you think a "true Islamic state" would be such a great place? How do you think it could be what you envision it to be when just about everyone in a religion sees things just a tiny bit different than the person next to them? Those variations are what usually end up causing the rifts and conflicts and worse in a religion. How do you overcome that?

Look forward to your replies.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Obama Murderama - Let's bomb U.S. citizens for dissent!!
    Just noticed this. Where are we bombing US Citizens for dissent?

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Ok so if not politics, how about religion? I am curious about some of your statements, so I'd like to ask a few questions. Just questions. I am not making judgements, just looking for info. If the question comes across judgmental, write it off as ignorance on the subject, please.

Explain. Does this mean you don't think individuals have any right to a say in their own lives?
    Did your whole family convert or was it just you? In either case, why? If it was just you, what did your family have to say about it? Why did you choose to become a Muslim?
    So from this I take it you would prefer to live in a place where religion is government. Why?
    .Most religions are based on my research and understanding. People are what make anything oppressive. Religion is sometimes the tool they use. There are a multitude of oppressive Christian and Muslim countries that have existed throughout history, and some exist today. Why do you think a "true Islamic state" would be such a great place? How do you think it could be what you envision it to be when just about everyone in a religion sees things just a tiny bit different than the person next to them? Those variations are what usually end up causing the rifts and conflicts and worse in a religion. How do you overcome that?

Look forward to your replies.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Just noticed this. Where are we bombing US Citizens for dissent?
    1. Of course they do, but individuals should follow the rules of society and most importantly the rules from God, I will not vote for a leader who does not lead by the rules of God.. I know you'll see things differently from me and that's fine. There are surely many things we won't agree on.. You have your beliefs and I have mine..

2. Just me.. Why? Because I knew it was the truth and Allah had guided me to the truth. What did my family think.. That it was odd, that I have changed my life completely (for the better), was accused of being brainwashed, but as Canadians my parents were pretty much accepting.

3. That's part of Islam, Islam is not just a religion but an entire way of life which encompasses everything we do.. Politics, Table Manners, Dealing with Others, etc.

4. Read about what life was like under the first 4 khalifs Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, and Ali (ra)... These are governments are what every other government should strive to be like, leaders who put others before themselves and were honest.. I will not defend many other governments since them, especially not on a public forum.

5. Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki was born and spent much of his life in the USA, he was bombed by the USA for "incitement of terrorism" and was put on a kill list months ago for dissent.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

1. Of course they do, but individuals should follow the rules of society and most importantly the rules from God, I will not vote for a leader who does not lead by the rules of God.. I know you'll see things differently from me and that's fine. There are surely many things we won't agree on.. You have your beliefs and I have mine..
    I can accept that. Many times I find myself voting against a candidate and not for one. To me it's a case of if I dont exercise my right to vote, I lose my right to complain about the situation. Now hold on a sec on the second part... We won't agree, will see things differently, and have our own beliefs? Thank God for that huh? It would be a pretty boring world if we were all the same.

2. Just me.. Why? Because I knew it was the truth and Allah had guided me to the truth. What did my family think.. That it was odd, that I have changed my life completely (for the better), was accused of being brainwashed, but as Canadians my parents were pretty much accepting.
    Just curious. I notice everyone who gets to God gets there on their own path. I was an athiest for 25+ years and the night my daughter was born 3 months premature I heard God's voice in my head. Changed me.
    3. That's part of Islam, Islam is not just a religion but an entire way of life which encompasses everything we do.. Politics, Table Manners, Dealing with Others, etc.
    Well I don't need a religion to tell me how to act at the table or how to deal with others, but if that works for you, so be it.

4. Read about what life was like under the first 4 khalifs Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, and Ali (ra)... These are governments are what every other government should strive to be like, leaders who put others before themselves and were honest.. I will not defend many other governments since them, especially not on a public forum.
    I'll have to read up.

5. Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki was born and spent much of his life in the USA, he was bombed by the USA for "incitement of terrorism" and was put on a kill list months ago for dissent.
    Thanks. I appreciate your willingness to share. I love to learn.

Salaam Alaikum wa rahmat-Allah
    I know it's a greeting, but you get my point.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

As-Salamu ala manitaba al huda

I was also an atheist, only for about 7 years though, I was shamed into it after having my Christian beliefs ridiculed by a friends older brother, I eventually discovered on my own that Christianity doesn't make much sense to me.. When I was around 18 I was doing a lot of drugs and smoking a lot of weed, but I came to the conclusion that deep in my heart I loved Jesus and I knew there was one God and that Jesus was a prophet, messenger and the messiah, born to a virgin mother, but that he could not be son of god, nor god himself, the idea was ridiculous to me.. So I didn't know of any religion that fit my views..

Around that time I met a non-practicing Muslim and we became friends, they never really told me much about Islam, all that I had known of Islam was that some muslims had hijacked some planes and flew them into the Pentagon and WTC Twin Towers.. One day this friend was telling me some stories about Jinn, which are somewhat like demons/devils, although there are good ones and not just evil ones.. I was extremely interested due to my love for ghost/UFO stories.

So I started reading about these Jinn, which led me to began reading about Islam itself, my interest in the religion and history had taken over my interest in the "paranormal".. What I discovered was a way of life which I totally agreed with, every ruling made sense to me, and I saw that if mankind only followed them we would be much better off..

Then when I started reading from the Qur'an I realized it was without a doubt the word of God himself, and it was confirmed to me the status of Jesus, aleyhi salaam.. When I read about the Prophet Muhammad (sa allahu aleyhi wasalaam) I found he had become the most beloved human on this planet to me.. I knew I had to become muslim and so I took shahadah and began my journey to becoming a better person and striving to become a good practicing muslim.

I immediately quit making music, going to concerts, drugs and alcohol. I continued to try and improve myself, had some ups and downs but never lost faith and never will..

Without Allah there is nothing for me.. I would not even exist, nothing would.

This is my story, I hope it satisfies any curiosity. If you have questions about Islam I am willing to help you find the answer, but questioning me personally is irrelevant, and my views when it comes to politics and religion will not change.

Thread Information