Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Ive always gotten the activation error.. not sure why..

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since
    Jan 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 & S4

Mine after following the steps above Im unable to root my s4. After loading the .tar file through odin and rebooting recovery it did not ask me if I want to install super user. I have tried hard reseting the phone, also tried the method with twrp and it does not prompt me to install anything am i missing something. Let me recap what i did:
    I loaded into download mode, connected to the pc and install the tar file(Tried both first the one from (ShabbyPenguin then TWRP) and no luck

After installing the .tar file i won the race and booted into recovery, once i was in twrp recovery i hit reboot recovery. It loaded for a while but then nothing.

Rebooted system and still did not work
    For shabby penguin i did the same except that after booting my phone i installed zip from sd card and finally no luck still

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigovin View Post
    Mine after following the steps above Im unable to root my s4. After loading the .tar file through odin and rebooting recovery it did not ask me if I want to install super user. I have tried hard reseting the phone, also tried the method with twrp and it does not prompt me to install anything am i missing something. Let me recap what i did:
    I loaded into download mode, connected to the pc and install the tar file(Tried both first the one from (ShabbyPenguin then TWRP) and no luck

After installing the .tar file i won the race and booted into recovery, once i was in twrp recovery i hit reboot recovery. It loaded for a while but then nothing.

Rebooted system and still did not work
    For shabby penguin i did the same except that after booting my phone i installed zip from sd card and finally no luck still
    What baseband do you have?

Customer Since
    Jan 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 & S4

R970cvvuami3

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

R970cvvuami3
    Mine after following the steps above Im unable to root my s4. After loading the .tar file through odin and rebooting recovery it did not ask me if I want to install super user. Also does anyone have the mi3 build. Im thinking that I would have to restore my phone back completely and reinput the .tar file through odin
    Follow djs intruction again.. reboot system on first twrp recovery mine was system not recovery
    It will work

Customer Since
    Jan 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 & S4

Quote Originally Posted by Ledah View Post
    Follow djs intruction again.. reboot system on first twrp recovery mine was system not recovery
    It will work

Have tried djs instructions various times and still does not prompt me to install anything... Is there a different method i could try beside these two(ShabbyPenguin and dj's)? Also i have tryed chris rodriguez method with motochopper and no luck it just prompts me that the root failed

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Have tried djs instructions various times and still does not prompt me to install anything... Is there a different method i could try beside these two(ShabbyPenguin and dj's)? Also i have tryed chris rodriguez method with motochopper and no luck it just prompts me that the root failed
    When you flash the twrp in djs instructions you do know you have to boot into recovery right away right? Has to be on first boot.

Customer Since
    Jan 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 & S4

Quote Originally Posted by Ledah View Post
    When you flash the twrp in djs instructions you do know you have to boot into recovery right away right? Has to be on first boot.

Yeah ill make a video of how I make it and ill post it later. Im have the feeling im doing something wrong but as far as "winning the race" meaning that I unplug it and right away hold home+volume up+power and it does not prompt me. I know that I have to reboot prior to seeing any prompts. I have rebooted recovery and also system and no luck. Ill post a video of how im making it.

Overall activity: 1.0%

has anyone else have a problem with wifi breaking after doing this? I am not sure at what point it stopped working but I was having the same problems others where having. I did everything instructed in the first post and was mostly successful but no root. I downloaded and installed a software update using kies on my pc since it would no longer work on my phone still no luck. so I tried the link in tonedef's post using twrp recovery and that worked! I have root but now wifi will not turn on I tap the on button and it immediately goes back to off.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Compton View Post
    has anyone else have a problem with wifi breaking after doing this? I am not sure at what point it stopped working but I was having the same problems others where having. I did everything instructed in the first post and was mostly successful but no root. I downloaded and installed a software update using kies on my pc since it would no longer work on my phone still no luck. so I tried the link in tonedef's post using twrp recovery and that worked! I have root but now wifi will not turn on I tap the on button and it immediately goes back to off.
    Use odin and flash MI3 again.

Overall activity: 1.0%

R970cvvuami3
    ok I am a little confused as usual. Ledah was asking for the baseband. On my phone that R970cvvuami3 is the "BUILD" version preceded by JDQ39. My baseband version is R970cvvuamf5. anyway I am downloading the file from this thread http://www.cricketusers.com/s4-root-...-firmware.html hopefully this will fix my wifi issue.

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Mercury

I have the same issue... cant find MI3 nowhere. ..

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

Firmware archive | Samsung Updates

Quote Originally Posted by ssyeah View Post
    I have the same issue... cant find MI3 nowhere. ..

Phone
    Mercury

This doesn't work

I think I figured out what I was doing wrong and may have an unexpected chance to try again Monday. However, we have used the phone to take photos on vacation, plus we've already started doing other things on the phone. I don't want to lose anything that's been done. If I can manage to run Odin to get the kernel in my phone to hopefully fix the bad root, will this delete everything we've already done on the phone? Should I even risk trying it since I don't want to lose anything?

Thanks.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information