Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since
    Jan 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 & S4

Im still having some issues with the whole process.
    Check this out i have downloaded the files i did odin and input the tar file thru PDA.
    I win the race phone reboots into recovery for the penguin. I choose to reboot and no questions are asked.
    The whole process was done. Installed superuser.zip and the phone reboots and no luck.
    The phone appears to have superuser installed yet when going thru root explorer it tells me that my device is not rooted. I downloaded SuperSU from chainfire and it asked me if i have to update the (su)binary for the phone to work properly. It gives two options: Normal and TWRP/CWM.
    I chose normal first and it tries to install the SU binary. Yet it prompts a message that says that Samsung KNOX has been detected.This might limit root capabilities and cause annoying popups. Try to disable the app. I chose OK and it says failed to disable. And the app closed.
    I chose TWRP/CWM and the it tells me that it will reboot by it self and nope. it does not do anything.
    Any ideas on what i did wrong and what i can do to fix the issue?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

I want to check here before I will process with root. Can MI3 build can rooted?

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by djisia402 View Post
    I want to check here before I will process with root. Can MI3 build can rooted?
    Yes if you follow the simple and clear instructions. I'm running MI3 rooted no issues what do ever

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

ok so iv done a bit of rooting before just today before work i got the s4 for 50% off. im still not confident tho, i was confident up to the point to where it said i have to "flash source compiled kernel" no idea what this means and i really dont want to break this phone any help would be awsome

Quote Originally Posted by one peace25 View Post
    ok so iv done a bit of rooting before just today before work i got the s4 for 50% off. im still not confident tho, i was confident up to the point to where it said i have to "flash source compiled kernel" no idea what this means and i really dont want to break this phone any help would be awsome
    Let me pull you up on something because the instructions might be a tad confusing:

When you open the box and start up the phone, it upgrades the OS to a new revision of Android that locks you out of being able to install the Superuser. So, in an ideal world, you practically have to do the instructions in this thread before any updates are installed. Once the system is upgraded, you have to revert to stock using the latest revision of Odin. I believe that the stock ROM is posted in another thread in this forum (http://www.cricketusers.com/s4-root-...-firmware.html) and it states clearly in that thread that using that ROM is only to be used when there is no alternative.

Stephen, if you've been able to root with all the latest upgrades to the OS, I'd be curious as to how you did it step by step because according to the details of the thread, nobody can do it once the latest upgrades take effect. However, if what you're saying is that we have to do recovery + root from the stock ROM for S4 Cricket then do the upgrades afterwards, that makes a lot of sense.

Let me know if I got this right and thanks to you and the crew for all your help.
    Last edited by loudersoft; 11-29-2013 at 11:28 PM.

I am having the same problem. Was able to root the last update, however this one will not take root.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigovin View Post
    Im still having some issues with the whole process.
    Check this out i have downloaded the files i did odin and input the tar file thru PDA.
    I win the race phone reboots into recovery for the penguin. I choose to reboot and no questions are asked.
    The whole process was done. Installed superuser.zip and the phone reboots and no luck.
    The phone appears to have superuser installed yet when going thru root explorer it tells me that my device is not rooted. I downloaded SuperSU from chainfire and it asked me if i have to update the (su)binary for the phone to work properly. It gives two options: Normal and TWRP/CWM.
    I chose normal first and it tries to install the SU binary. Yet it prompts a message that says that Samsung KNOX has been detected.This might limit root capabilities and cause annoying popups. Try to disable the app. I chose OK and it says failed to disable. And the app closed.
    I chose TWRP/CWM and the it tells me that it will reboot by it self and nope. it does not do anything.
    Any ideas on what i did wrong and what i can do to fix the issue?
    For people having this issue; after it installs superuser you need to open it and update and stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledah View Post
    For people having this issue; after it installs superuser you need to open it and update and stuff too
    When you open the updated Superuser app, it asks if I want to install normal or via recovery, which one?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by loudersoft View Post
    When you open the updated Superuser app, it asks if I want to install normal or via recovery, which one?
    Normal.

Normal.

After updating Superuser through Google Play and choosing Install at the prompt as you've suggested, I get

"There was an error installing Superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer."

When I open the logs, it says "No logs"

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Hmm that's weird. Should retry steps.. Maybe reflash the mi3 firmware.. I didn't have that problem.. Maybe try clicking recovery and see where that takes you..

Hmm that's weird. Should retry steps.. Maybe reflash the mi3 firmware.. I didn't have that problem.. Maybe try clicking recovery and see where that takes you..

Gives the same error. To give you my order of events, the following is true:

1) Install recovery from first post using Odin 3.07
    2) Install root using Odin 3.07
    3) Update Superuser from Google Play (updates to 1.0.2.6)

If I missed a step, that would be the only reason I could think of, but looking at the Github notes for Superuser, several people have reported that 1.0.2.6 doesn't get the job done and Koush suggests a rollback.
    Last edited by loudersoft; 11-30-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by loudersoft View Post
    Gives the same error. To give you my order of events, the following is true:

1) Install recovery from first post using Odin 3.07
    2) Install root using Odin 3.07
    3) Update Superuser from Google Play (updates to 1.0.2.6)

If I missed a step, that would be the only reason I could think of, but looking at the Github notes for Superuser, several people have reported that 1.0.2.6 doesn't get the job done and Koush suggests a rollback.
    You do this:
    Thanks to ShabbyPenguin.

I have found, since I prefer TWRP there is an easier way.

After you download Odin to desktop also download THIS: ( Techerrata Downloads - Downloading openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-jfltecri.tar) to desktop. (TWRP recovery)

The thing that makes this easier is the fact that u don't have to download the SUzip. file, TWRP already contains the SUzip. binary for root access.

Flash TWRP to PDA in ODIN, when your system reboots shut off phone, use volume up, home key, power key to enter recovery.

Reboot system via TWRP, u will see a prompt to flash SU binary, after phone reboots follow instructions.

Posted by tone..

Just flash it with Odin, reboot in time before it boots and then reboot system and it'll ask u to install root. Say yes reboot then do normal like we said.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

I am getting error
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot_2013-11-30-15-18-06.png   screenshot_2013-11-30-15-18-24.png  

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by djisia402 View Post
    I am getting error
    Did u do above?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information