Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

it doesn't prompt me

2. Remove this advertisement.

Thank you so much for the post Ledah, just followed and everything seems to work, KNOX was able to be disabled when I updated SU

Overall activity: 41.0%

Customer Since
    sept 2011

For some reason the id.com will not light up my new laptop picked up my s4 right away and installed drivers for it do I need kies drivers for it to have a proper driver?

Customer Since
    sept 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Ledah View Post
    You do this:
    Thanks to ShabbyPenguin.

I have found, since I prefer TWRP there is an easier way.

After you download Odin to desktop also download THIS: ( Techerrata Downloads - Downloading openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-jfltecri.tar) to desktop. (TWRP recovery)

The thing that makes this easier is the fact that u don't have to download the SUzip. file, TWRP already contains the SUzip. binary for root access.

Flash TWRP to PDA in ODIN, when your system reboots shut off phone, use volume up, home key, power key to enter recovery.

Reboot system via TWRP, u will see a prompt to flash SU binary, after phone reboots follow instructions.

Posted by tone..

Just flash it with Odin, reboot in time before it boots and then reboot system and it'll ask u to install root. Say yes reboot then do normal like we said.

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk
    I got twrp to install hit reboot never was prompted to flash su

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Westnile View Post
    I got twrp to install hit reboot never was prompted to flash su
    Reboot in recovery not the phone.. There's an option to reboot recovery/system/etc.. Click reboot then reboot system via recovery

Customer Since
    sept 2011

ok let me rephrase that I flashed via odin got into twrp right away and did it from there and was never prompted ill try again twrp is starting to hang now when i boot into it.

Edit would the fact i used the cwm image originally and flashed that superuser zip have anything to do with preventing this?

I get errors left and right with that superuser zip and honestly i never liked superuser i was always a SU fan.
    Last edited by Westnile; 12-01-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

ok let me rephrase that I flashed via odin got into twrp right away and did it from there and was never prompted ill try again twrp is starting to hang now when i boot into it.
    Yeah it does tend to hang.. Even for me.. But it should of prompted to root.

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

Edit would the fact i used the cwm image originally and flashed that superuser zip have anything to do with preventing this?

I get errors left and right with that superuser zip and honestly i never liked superuser i was always a SU fan.
    Maybe but I don't think so. I usually just reflash mi3 and then that twrp and it has ALWAYS worked. I'm not really too sure. I'm in the process of learning to build builds so I can start developing Roms for our device as I personally think we lack them. The s3 has way more support.

Customer Since
    sept 2011

ok i have to ask whats mi3?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

The firmware version. If you have the update from after oct then ur mi3 if not your mi5 or whatever the original one is.. Ml5 or w.e lol..

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

Sorry I'm in my break at work so short simple answers lol

Customer Since
    sept 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Ledah View Post
    The firmware version. If you have the update from after oct then ur mi3 if not your mi5 or whatever the original one is.. Ml5 or w.e lol..

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

Sorry I'm in my break at work so short simple answers lol

OH lol ok i just bought this thing couple weeks ago when I finally got my settlement from a car accident me my wife and kids were involved in last year i just downloaded SU.zip im going to try flashing it in twrp and see if it works I just wiped cache re did odin and still nothing for su.. and np lol

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Update: I flashed the SU zip thats linked to on page 2 of this thread in twrp and it worked like a charm I'm just going to have to use Titanium Backup Pro and remove superuser.
    Thanks for the help Ledah and everyone else on this thread.
    Btw Ledah since I got my new laptop I havent had the chance but I want to learn to make roms port etc myself as well thats was my main goal for getting a new laptop so hopefully we will get the chance to work together some time!

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

What I did:
    - restored to MI3 build (because I messed with supersuser, Supersu and other possible ones from Play Store)
    - Load twrp via ODIN and boot up to recovery right the way (yes it loads for a little bit as it was stated above)
    - Click "Reboot" and select "Recovery" (not System) this step is the most important one or the one I missed
    - It did prompt me to install SuperSU ( it took a min and did reboot back to twrp)
    - Clicked "Reboot" and selected "System"
    - logged in to Play Store and installed/updated SuperSU
    - Disabled Knox
    READY!!!

Thx to Ledah

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by djisia402 View Post
    What I did:
    - restored to MI3 build (because I messed with supersuser, Supersu and other possible ones from Play Store)
    - Load twrp via ODIN and boot up to recovery right the way (yes it loads for a little bit as it was stated above)
    - Click "Reboot" and select "Recovery" (not System) this step is the most important one or the one I missed
    - It did prompt me to install SuperSU ( it took a min and did reboot back to twrp)
    - Clicked "Reboot" and selected "System"
    - logged in to Play Store and installed/updated SuperSU
    - Disabled Knox
    READY!!!

Thx to Ledah
    Exactly lol.. This needs to be quoted so I don't have hundreds of pm's lol. Good job guys.. Enjoy root. I just want 4.4 already lol

So, I loaded twrp via ODIN and booted to recovery, installed SuperSU, rebooted to system, updated SuperSU, disabled KNOX.

However, I still have Superuser installed and it keeps telling me that it's out of date. What do I need to do with this? It will not let me uninstall from system.

EDIT: Nevermind, it went away after rebooting. So far it seems to be working, will let you know thanks!!

EDIT 2: I keep getting a message that says "Activation/Update In progress" then "Activation/Update Complete". Not sure what this is related to, any ideas?
    Last edited by loudersoft; 12-01-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since
    Jan 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 & S4

Mine after following the steps above Im unable to root my s4. After loading the .tar file through odin and rebooting recovery it did not ask me if I want to install super user. Also does anyone have the mi3 build. Im thinking that I would have to restore my phone back completely and reinput the .tar file through odin

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

I keep getting "Activation/Update In progress" then "Activation/Update Complete" messages too

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information