Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Reodin MI3 then try his method again. For some reason his MK4 flashed but the baseband is still MI3.. Its suppose to be MK4 too.

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Also try redownloading it.. Maybe you got a bad download..

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 73.0%

ok cool thanks ill try it.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

I don't know much about Phil's recovery.. I only use CWM so war probably knows more about the recovery process..

Ok Guys thanks alot i must have had a bad download because i redownloaded the ROM and the Wifi driver fix and installed normal and the wifi now works fine. thanks so much for helping me. yay it works!!!screenshot_2013-12-19-18-29-29.png

Also FYI this time i put it in phone storage instead of ext sd card. I thought maybe that was an issue.
    Last edited by kyea67; 12-19-2013 at 07:32 PM.

I'm just curious, was Knox somehow latching onto the WiFi driver in the update? Is that why you have to Odin the driver?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by kyea67 View Post
    I'm just curious, was Knox somehow latching onto the WiFi driver in the update? Is that why you have to Odin the driver?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    With the official OTA update. It applied aboot. Aboot has the KNOX bootloader in it. To avoid the confusion. I made the Wifi fix + ROM because the Wifi drivers attempt to read the modem, if the modem is newer then the Wifi drivers, it breaks wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
    With the official OTA update. It applied aboot. Aboot has the KNOX bootloader in it. To avoid the confusion. I made the Wifi fix + ROM because the Wifi drivers attempt to read the modem, if the modem is newer then the Wifi drivers, it breaks wifi.
    So what happens if I want to update to the original ota can I still take it later on after I use this rom or is not possible also what are the differences between official ota and this custom rom

warboy i need help i have trouble with the wifi i tried to follow the solutions on your rom thread but nothing works please help i have no wifi

i have philz recovery 6.08.9 jfltecri
    odin 3.07
    downloaded your rom twice
    1 rom is on internal sd card same rom also is on external sd card

one thing to mention in the beginning i use
    odin odin 3-v1.85 i don't know if this is what screw the whole thing over
    also my baseband is different from the guy on your thread mine is
    R970CVVUAME4
    HIS WAS AMI3

I DON'T know what to do i feel like i gotta back to the rom where i was and then start all over it might take me 30 minutes all this i also feel i gotta use philz recovery older version i got the newer one we'll see.

To anybody who ever had problems flashing this rom just follow up the post #1 it tell you everything

1 get the rom
    2 get the wifi fix
    3 get the odin v 3.07 "extract the zip.file"
    4 get the philz recovery the one for the jfltecri it's on xda just type philz recovery and the first link is on xda on google
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    now that you got the files fire up odin v 3.07 on your computer,boot your phone into odin mode by turning it off and then holding power and volume down,press volume up to continue once that is done plug the phone to computer with a data cable that you know it works.Then uncheck reboot option only after that press the button that says phone "not pda i repeat it has to be the one that says {phone} if you select something else is not gonna work now find the warboys_MK4_RADIO3.tar. and click open then back on odin select start do not unplugged until you see on the top part pass on green and at the bottom where there is a bunch a words gotta say in the end 1 succeded 0 failed.once that is done you can unplugged the phone then turn it off by holding the power button after that boot into your custom recovery and install the philz recovery .zip file that you should have either on the internal or external sd card once you flash the philz.zip recovery reboot the recovery after that you should boot into philz recovery only then go to wipe choose the one that says wipe to install a new rom after phone is wipe go find your jfltecri MK4_ODEX. rom and you should have wifi and everything working i just did it exactly as i described it and it works with the wifi.

p.s. i flashed it before selecting pda instead of phone slot on odin and the wifi didn't work fye. Good Luck.
    ALL THE CREDIT GOES TO WARBOY SINCE THIS IS HIS WORK.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Warboy is traveling ATM. Not sure if hell have time to answer right away..

Cool wifi works !

To anybody who ever had problems flashing this rom just follow up the post #1 it tell you everything

1 get the rom
    2 get the wifi fix
    3 get the odin v 3.07 "extract the zip.file"
    4 get the philz recovery the one for the jfltecri it's on xda just type philz recovery and the first link is on xda on google
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    now that you got the files fire up odin v 3.07 on your computer,boot your phone into odin mode by turning it off and then holding power and volume down,press volume up to continue once that is done plug the phone to computer with a data cable that you know it works.Then uncheck reboot option only after that press the button that says phone "not pda i repeat it has to be the one that says {phone} if you select something else is not gonna work now find the warboys_MK4_RADIO3.tar. and click open then back on odin select start do not unplugged until you see on the top part pass on green and at the bottom where there is a bunch a words gotta say in the end 1 succeded 0 failed.once that is done you can unplugged the phone then turn it off by holding the power button after that boot into your custom recovery and install the philz recovery .zip file that you should have either on the internal or external sd card once you flash the philz.zip recovery reboot the recovery after that you should boot into philz recovery only then go to wipe choose the one that says wipe to install a new rom after phone is wipe go find your jfltecri MK4_ODEX. rom and flash it and you should have wifi and everything working i just did it exactly as i described it and it works with the wifi.

p.s. i flashed it before selecting pda instead of phone slot on odin and the wifi didn't work fye. Good Luck.
    ALL THE CREDIT GOES TO WARBOY SINCE THIS IS HIS WORK.

link tar or .zip file
    philz recovery
    Goo.im Downloads - Browsing jfltecri

Last edited by vicente; 01-17-2014 at 05:03 PM. Reason: missing information

Other things to be aware of when you flash.
    1. Make sure you have the phone installed on your computer first.
    2. Ensure you follow all the directions exactly.
    3. Install the phone on the back of the computer to ensure proper connectivity, also use the cable that came with the phone. Sometimes this causes issues.

If your having issues installing correctly, try re-downloading the ROM. Since it's a big download it may not have downloaded correctly.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Sept 2012

Hi Warboy... Thanks for your awesome roms! I love them! Got a Question. The WiFi Fix you include with this rom, would it work for a TW Rom ported by Android Titan? like to the ROM is here
    http://www.cricketusers.com/s4-root-...n-proffit.html

Quote Originally Posted by gsmccormick View Post
    Hi Warboy... Thanks for your awesome roms! I love them! Got a Question. The WiFi Fix you include with this rom, would it work for a TW Rom ported by Android Titan? like to the ROM is here
    http://www.cricketusers.com/s4-root-...n-proffit.html
    Not sure. I don't keep track of other people's roms. But it might.

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
    Not sure. I don't keep track of other people's roms. But it might.
    I'm also a fan Warboy U do great work. I don't tip My hat enough to U or the other developers. Curiosity.....do U still have the SCH-R970C and if so what are thoughts on the future of it, especially after March?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information