Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by computerkidt View Post
    ah didnt notice format system im my mind i read wipe system lol thnx ill try that next
    If you can't get it fixed, I can do it for you. Now are we talking S3 or S4? I saw you say S3 logo so I'm confused now.

If I do it for you I can try a remote repair but I'll have to charge for it. $20 + 3% fee via PayPal. If I'm unable to get it done remotely you can send it to me and I can try and get it done for you having it in my hands.

Sent from my Cricket GS4
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    If you can't get it fixed, I can do it for you. Now are we talking S3 or S4? I saw you say S3 logo so I'm confused now.

If I do it for you I can try a remote repair but I'll have to charge for it. $20 + 3% fee via PayPal. If I'm unable to get it done remotely you can send it to me and I can try and get it done for you having it in my hands.

Sent from my Cricket GS4
    Wiped
    Its a Cricket S4, i have a US Cellular S3 that i have had for much longer thats why i mixed that up lol. I wipe data & cache, wipe dalvik, formatted system, then pulled the battery. Put the battery back in and boot directly into download mode, flash your partial firmware file. Then tried booting recovery but it wont load up recovery it gets stuck at the 1st screen with the small blue text sayin loading recovery or w/e so i boot back to download mode and flash TWRP recovery, boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik again, then boot the system it shows the S4 logo for a bit then after while it plays the cricket lte logo then shows the glowing samsumg logo then gets stuck there and gets pretty hot. I got my phone like 3weeks ago am i still able to get insurance and then wait a bit and file a claim? Ill try the paid remote b4 that so how you want to get started?

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Wow doing that wipe/formate/flash rom+recovery/wipe then install CM+gapps got me CM rom working tho the WiFi is broken it wont turn on and the wifi region code is set to europe and not US i pick US but when i exit the menu and go back to it, its back to europe. Still want to get the stock rom back so its do the remote repair still. But at least for now i have a working phone tho want to get wifi working or ill be out of data in no time so i cant get all my apps and stuff back on it till i either get wifi working on CM or get stock working.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Wow doing that wipe/formate/flash rom+recovery/wipe then install CM+gapps got me CM rom working.
    I'm sure you are about to thank SP in your next post, right? ....just saying.

Phone
    Galaxy S4

Sorry Yup thnanks SP were goin in the right direction it seems i can make call now so its partially working no wifi notifications dont work(nothing shows up its the phone just flashes) for things like voicemail. Also having some issues with the market its acting odd and hard to get just gmail installed atm got it installed after like 30mins. Also the Home button doesnt seem to work. not sure what else isnt working i havent gone thru it fully but im sure theres more. The biggest reason i need the stock OS back not just cuz its cool extra features that CM doesnt have but the USB support for USB sticks and hard drives for work.

Maybe repartitioning from odin or flashing with a PIT file from
    Heimdall Suite

would help either option i need a PIT file from someone for the Cricket S4. You can extract you own PIT file with
    Heimdall Suite

Last edited by computerkidt; 07-20-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Phone
    Galaxy S4

I can only make calls i cant get calls or send/get txt msgs i cant even open the txt msging app its errors and crashes if i try too make times it crashes the phone and reboots lol

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

if it helps when i wipe/format/battery pull/flash rom+recovery/wipe then try to run Fix Permissions it fails at /data/app saying:
    E:Unable to chown '/data/app/com.andoid.chrome-1.apk' 1000 1000

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

also after installing CM+gapps and successfully booted then rebooted into recovery and it also fails to run Fix Permissions same unless i restore some apps with titaium backup then real calc is the app it shows

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Ok so I have a better idea of exactly what you did to your phone, walk me through in full detail exactly what you've done to the phone BEFORE it stopped working. If I can figure out what you've flashed, how you flashed it, and when as well as full methods used I can probably help you through it

Sent from my Cricket GS4
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Galaxy S4

I dont remember the exact details for it but i googled how to root the phone and rooted the phone didnt seem to be any issues from that but that later that day i opened titanium backup and all the system apps that had been updated I when and integrated them into the ROM that when i started gettin many errors (often but not right after another) and flashing Google Play Edition 4.3 downloaded from sammobile cant find the page anymore but heres the
    xda one

think its the same idk. Then I got nothing but errors one after the other that was the last day i saw a stock Touchwiz launcher wish i never integrated the updated into the rom that started this whole thing or maybe it was the google play rom that finally did it in but both were bad moves

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Also have to use different recovery cuz i couldnt find format system in TWRP so i used OUDHS or philz touch i forget but w/e i did earlier it actually wiped the aftermarket apps and stuff and CM rom had no errors but after aton of stuff its erroring again and ive wiped and formated but the errors and the aftermarket apps are still on it idk why some/all or w/e of the wiping/formating isnt working or w/e is goin on idk

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

LOL, all i can say is, ...good luck SP.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

First thing. Use CWM or OUDHS recovery. Second what other roms did you flash. Your wifi is something you flashed no question about it.

That's not much to go on honestly. Without knowing exactly what you did with full details you're pretty much screwed.

Sent from my Cricket GS4

Phone
    Galaxy S4

How do i take the newest CWM img and put in on my phone?

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

How do i take the newest CWM img and put in on my phone?
    Make it into an Odin flashable tar

Sent from my Cricket GS4

Customer Since
    January 2

Like you said i think integrating the apps and flashing the Google play edition firmware is what did it

Phone
    Galaxy S4

This time i used only OUDHS recovery and wiped like everything i could with the ext SD card removed and formated everything like 3 times to be sure and then flashed ur file then flashed OUDHS recovery wiped dalvik&cache several times then rebooted.

S4 logo went away really quick this time i was pretty hopeful at that then the cricket animation and glowin samsung logo went away quickly and got the welcome screen... GREAT SUCCESS!!

WOOT Thanks aton its fully working havent noticed any issues yet wifi working too.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    Make it into an Odin flashable tar

Sent from my Cricket GS4
    Ya i know thats one way but how do i make a flashable tar on windows or do i have to use linux and if so how with a fresh untouched ubuntu OS

i know the other is a recovery installable zip is that easier on windows?
    Last edited by computerkidt; 07-21-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Cygwin is a Unix terminal for Windows

Sent from my Cricket GS4

Phone
    Galaxy S4

Got Cygwin setup and ready then googled looking for the commands and steps and ran into this while looking
    [Tool][[windows] Make CWM Recovery .img's into .tar.md5 odin flash-able files 1 CLICK - xda-developers

had to edit the second line to this: "bin\tar --group=1 -H ustar -c recovery.img > recovery.tar" like someone in page 3 said but it ran tho when i tried to flash it odin errored saying: "<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed." but flashed it again without doing anything but just pressing start again and it worked and latest CWM is working on my phone :P

Not sure if the Cygwin commands and stuff is easier but i know this way is quicker cuz cygwin took a while to download and install but im sure ill still use it at some point seeing as how i want to get into android dev tho idk if you guys have suggestion as to what area is most needed kernal/app dev or some other area? What programming language is used for that dev work and wheres the best place to start? mainly what language is used for the dev?

Side note i took some C++, VB6, Java classes in High School tho that was a long time back for me tho ive mostly done aton of programming in php, sql, & a bit of javascript

Another thing i cant seem to figure out how to mount mass usb storage with CWM like i can with other recoveries is it hiding in the menus somewhere or is there a dev issue that i could maybe join in coding it up?

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information