Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

idk if this help i havent read the whole thing yet im a bit of a slow reader but myself i was thinking of playing around with the US Cellular stock firmware tryin to remove the aboot file thats givin me an error when i try to flash it.

[TUTORIAL] How To Create Your Own Odin Flashable TAR or TAR.MD5

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

I already knew about that. I'm testing it now. I didn't get to test last night because of an unscheduled trip to the hospital after heat exhaustion and 3rd degree sunburns. I'm seriously doing it now after I make a nandroid backup.

picture-2.jpg

EDIT:
    System + Kernel Only is flashing successfully now. I'm going to test the full package I made next because it may just be a bad upload from my bad wireless (which I've gotten rid of and run an ethernet cord).

New System + Kernel Only Unrooted is going up now.
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 07-12-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Galaxy S4

lmao i just never thought about it but wow lol can you please send me a copy of ur nandroid backup stock if u can then not only should that fix my phone but then we can both play around with getting a stock firmware file for our community. 2 heads are better then one.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

It's up

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk 2
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Galaxy S4

dam dude that file site is slow going to take 13hours to download. maybe u could put it on my server so ppl can get it quicker its nothin fancy but itll get the job done:

http://armyoffate.redirectme.net/upload.php

Its very basic but it works and it will give you a direct link & an md5 to check it uploaded fine.

If you want other features or w/e let me know.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

just keep in mind i put a 5gb max file size on the server
    Ah also noticed the DL speed picked up so it should be done soon
    you guys can use my server still tho for this site or cricket stuff only.

nandroid backup has all the firmware stuff in it right? either way upload a stock nandroid backup or as close as you can get so i can play around with the files also

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

wow this is weird and new so when i went to make a backup in TWRP the data section size was saying over 2,000,000kb hmm idk if its just me but i dont think the s4 or its 32gb microsd card can handle that much data lol. any ideas whats thats about or how to fix it?

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

crap so i flashed the system and kernal and got the cricket logo so show up and make its bit of sound got excited but was let down when it got stuck at the samsung glowing text :S can you please upload a TWRP backup stock or rooted or anything form of the stock firmware modded or not just anything but CM

Last edited by computerkidt; 07-13-2013 at 01:53 AM.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Make sure you clear data cache and dalvik. The first boot can take a while (up to 20 minutes) so just be patient

Customer Since
    January 2

Computer kid did you succeed ?

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

When I tested this yesterday I intentionally soft bricked my phone to test it. Did a build of a known non booting kernel and formatted system without reinstalling a rom and tried to boot the phone without clearing anything. I was able to restore using my local file. I then uploaded the file after changing my lan setup from wireless to wired for stability

Customer Since
    January 2

I'm gonna try it when I get home . even if it fails for some reason I can always reflash oudhs recovery and reinstall cm but I'll make sure to let everyone know what happens

Customer Since
    January 2

its official , the file works perfectly . I just did factory data wipe , cache wipe , delvik wipe , and sd card format . thanks so much sp you are the cricket superman . donations to come shortly , now I am gonna try triamgle away to see if I can get normal status . do u know if it works ?

Customer Since
    January 2

Quote Originally Posted by nsanebird View Post
    its official , the file works perfectly . I just did factory data wipe , cache wipe , delvik wipe , and sd card format . thanks so much sp you are the cricket superman . donations to come shortly , now I am gonna try triamgle away to see if I can get normal status . do u know if it works ?
    Triangle away method for the s 3 works as well . Everyone should really try to help these guys out . Like sp said , he is the only real dev cricket has and hes not even paid for it . Without him we would be in the dark on alot of this stuff . Thanks again man your awesome

Overall activity: 8.0%

Is there an alternative download source for your file? I have been trying to download this file for 4 days it says its downloading at 176 bytes per second and it says 190 days remaining. I have 50 megabit internet. I really need this file, I have cyanogenmod installed with the latest nightly and its pretty buggy, plus it wont work with my mhl adapter for hdmi out. I could deal with the buggy rom if the mhl adapter would work, but its not working. Any help would be awesome, thanks in advance.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

4 days? Not possible. New file just went up yesterday

Customer Since
    January 2

Thats why it wasnt working try it again

Phone
    Galaxy S4

wiped just about everything but pre...something and its still not working gets stuck at Samsung glowing logo for longer then an hour im gonna try factory reset after flashing it see if that helps. SP what time u might be home so i can make sure im home to test that backup and then try and help gettin a full firmware? also what steps did u have to do to get the system & kernal(anything different tweeks or w/e then that odin flashable guide link i showed u)?
    Last edited by computerkidt; 07-14-2013 at 01:56 AM.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information