Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    January 2

That doesn't make any sense . Cm was workimg great for me . Your on cricket ?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 8.0%

The ROM works fine except for the latest nightly after I installed it and my battery no longer charges while booted into the os and my mhl adapter I paid 50 bucks for doesn't work. I just feel I should go back to stock. I did a full wipe and formated then reinstalled cyanogenmod to the latest nightly and my battery still won charge. I cannot return this phone until I go back to stock.

Phone
    Galaxy S4

CM has several issues for me im thinkin it partially depends on some stock files.

@leeberation: ya our hope is to get a stock odin flashable firmware SP is workin on it.

@SP: what is the issue atm of why u cant make a full odin flashable firmware is it hard getting a certain file(s) on the phone or dumping the rom or is it packaging it the issue. lets try and work together 2 heads are better then 1.
    Last edited by computerkidt; 07-14-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Customer Since
    January 2

The system and kernal alone work fine

Customer Since

being that the us cellular s4 and cricket s4 are very similar I thought I would give it a try.

Customer Since
    January 2

If the latest nightly is acting up reflash an old one

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by jameslee522 View Post
    being that the us cellular s4 and cricket s4 are very similar I thought I would give it a try.
    They aren't the same though. As with all phones on different carriers there is going to be at least 1 thing different. Thats why it didn't work properly.

The problem with stock odin files is indeed pulling the stuff. I use my dd as a guinea pig and as a dev device. I pulled the files but some parts just don't work.

The system and kernel should work fine for now. Cancel the dl and restart it.

Sent from my Cricket GS4
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Still not working!

Quote Originally Posted by nsanebird View Post
    If the latest nightly is acting up reflash an old one
    I just formated and wiped and the reinstalled a nightly from the 6th and it is still not working. I have tested the charger and it works. I'm able to charge when the phone is off. What is really strange is my phone no longer connects via USB when fully booted, but it will connect to the PC when in download mode. I think the phone has some extra software that may have gone missing that the CyanogenMod does not have. There may be a hidden area in the system that cyanogen piggybacks off those files. I think when I formated something that I may have lost some hidden files. I noticed that when in download mode the phone says its write protected. Is there a way to remove this protection? I'm trying still to download the tar from goo. i have 29 days remaining...

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

The only thing aside from /system that CM uses is the kernel, cache, storage, and recovery. The system itself interacts with the radio and the other hardware

Sent from my Cricket GS4
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

I have tried to restart the download hundreds of times. I left it downloading this morning for six hours and it says I only downloaded 366 bytes. Can you please confirm that you can use the link and its not just me. It almost seems you have been ignoring my pleads for another link or an alternative way of getting your file. I would very much like to donate and support this site in the long run. Here is a free file hosting you can upload too
    Free File Hosting - Online Storage; Upload Mp3, Videos, Music. Backup Files

Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Quote Originally Posted by leeberation View Post
    I have tried to restart the download hundreds of times. I left it downloading this morning for six hours and it says I only downloaded 366 bytes. Can you please confirm that you can use the link and its not just me. It almost seems you have been ignoring my pleads for another link or an alternative way of getting your file. I would very much like to donate and support this site in the long run. Here is a free file hosting you can upload too
    Free File Hosting - Online Storage; Upload Mp3, Videos, Music. Backup Files

Thanks in advance.
    Lee, i dont mean to sound harsh, but instead of others doing a lot of work first why dont you call a friend or neighbor and ask them to download it then put it on a USB stick. If they can download it then the problem is on your end.

It seems problem is not on my end and I have tried multiple ways to get the file. Over my 4g clocked at 14 megs and over my 50 megs internet from cox and also from my friends dsl at his house. I have tried many different routes and have also tried to get another s4 with no avail. I guess i have asked the wrong person for help and for that I'm sorry for bugging you.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Ok, i read one friend tried. And we already knew nothing worked at your home. Again, ask a few more friends and see if it works on their PC.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Lee, out of curiosity, are trying to "right click save as" on the files on goo?

No I have not used the right click and save file as, it doesn't seem to work, it seems to only download the html file. Oddly all the files seem to fail at 355 bytes downloaded. I have tried to download through my vpn and it still doesn't work. Odds are that goo.im is down. I also tried downloading the latest gapps from them and it wouldn't work.

Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by jameslee522 View Post
    heres the US Cellular Rom
    First firmware of U.S. Cellular Galaxy S4 (SCH-R970) is now available | SamMobile

Goo is doing updates and moving there server so that maybe some of the issue.

@leeberation: Ok try to get the file from my FTP server use something like FileZilla Client to connect to FTP: armyoffate.redirectme.net Username: Guest once you have finished downloading it "before you even think of flashing it" check the MD5: 22227334B86FA49C3FEE4BB80B607D32 if you dont have a app to check the hash try out HashTab
    HashTab tool to quickly find file hash information

thats what i use

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    The problem with stock odin files is indeed pulling the stuff. I use my dd as a guinea pig and as a dev device. I pulled the files but some parts just don't work.
    What files/parts exactly are you having trouble with and are they just not dumbing/pulling out or are they damaged/corrupt after u pull them out? What ways have you tried to pull them?

Last edited by computerkidt; 07-14-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information