Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Exclamation Always Roaming After Update [HELP!]

I recently purchased CricKet's Samsung Galaxy S4 and decided to root and put a custom recovery on the device in order to install CM 10.1. I followed this tutorial http://www.cricketusers.com/s4-root-...galaxy-s4.html to do so. I successfully installed 10.1 and everything was working correctly. I then decided to update a nightly patch via CM updates on my device to 10.2 (the patch that was released today) to test it out. I updated it without wiping anything and it booted fine but I couldn't access the Play Store or any applications that utilized Google. So I then booted back to recovery, wiped everything (system, cache, dalvik, etc,.) and restored my 10.1 file. Upon boot I was told my phone wasn't activated and I noticed there was a "R" next to my service bars. I went to my APN settings and everything was correct.

No matter what ROM I load I am always roaming.

Could someone tell me how I can fix this? Should I just take it into a CricKet store?
    Last edited by HaseoHack; 12-03-2013 at 09:09 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I would try using Odin to flash the phone back to stock. Then redo root and recovery and reinstall CM10.2. The reason you were having issues with CM10.2 is because you didn't install the Gapps (Google Apps) package for that version of Android. Google search goo.im and go the site, and make sure to download the gapps package that corresponds to the same version of Android. When you go to install CM10.2 again, make sure to install that gapps package DIRECTLY AFTER you install the ROM, then do your wipes in recovery and reboot. You should be good to go after that.

Sent from another Galaxy...

Overall activity: 1.0%

I figured that was the problem. However, will doing that fix my service?

Overall activity: 0%

I had the same issue after 11-27-2013 on the nightlies. Here is how I fixed it since I've been working with alot of devs over at XDA to try to get support to our phone.

Make sure your on a TouchWiz Stock ROM

*#22745927 and enable hidden menu

then

##RTN# -> Reset

My MSL was 000000

Overall activity: 13.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
    I had the same issue after 11-27-2013 on the nightlies. Here is how I fixed it since I've been working with alot of devs over at XDA to try to get support to our phone.

Make sure your on a TouchWiz Stock ROM

*#22745927 and enable hidden menu

then

##RTN# -> Reset

My MSL was 000000

can u please tell me how to enable *#22745927 because on my phone it does nothing. Someone suggested adb shell but the command they gave me doesnt work. I need help

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by d34thbl00m View Post
    I would try using Odin to flash the phone back to stock. Then redo root and recovery and reinstall CM10.2. The reason you were having issues with CM10.2 is because you didn't install the Gapps (Google Apps) package for that version of Android. Google search goo.im and go the site, and make sure to download the gapps package that corresponds to the same version of Android. When you go to install CM10.2 again, make sure to install that gapps package DIRECTLY AFTER you install the ROM, then do your wipes in recovery and reboot. You should be good to go after that.

Sent from another Galaxy...
    That didnt work I installed the rom and before even rebooting I installed gapps directly after then did a wipe and still roaming. Dont know how to enable secret menu

Customer Since
    Feb 2011
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

To enable the secret menu you need root. Use a root browser to go to System/efs/carrier/HiddenMenu use a text editor to change the text from off to on. Save and reboot. The hidden menu codes should work.

Quote Originally Posted by vpopov81 View Post
    can u please tell me how to enable *#22745927 because on my phone it does nothing. Someone suggested adb shell but the command they gave me doesnt work. I need help

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

That didnt work I installed the rom and before even rebooting I installed gapps directly after then did a wipe and still roaming. Dont know how to enable secret menu
    Considering I was the guy that suggested ADB, That's pretty sad, *#22745927 was disabled after 4.2/4.3 I believe. So yea.....

Quote Originally Posted by ajw6381 View Post
    To enable the secret menu you need root. Use a root browser to go to System/efs/carrier/HiddenMenu use a text editor to change the text from off to on. Save and reboot. The hidden menu codes should work.
    That doesn't do anything anymore. The Dialer no longer calls the Secret menu even with it enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
    Considering I was the guy that suggested ADB, That's pretty sad, *#22745927 was disabled after 4.2/4.3 I believe. So yea.....

That doesn't do anything anymore. The Dialer no longer calls the Secret menu even with it enabled.
    well can u please tell me how to get to rtn?? My phone is always on roaming and lost its activation after a cm rom install. Need help bad have no phone and its hell

well can u please tell me how to get to rtn?? My phone is always on roaming and lost its activation after a cm rom install. Need help bad have no phone and its hell

ok i got to ##rtn# now i did reset its asking me for msl i have no idea what that is plz help

ok i got to ##rtn# now i did reset its asking me for msl i have no idea what that is plz help
    1) You have to be on touchwiz

2) Google "MSL S4" this will pull up tutorials on getting your MSL code.

3) Cricket support knows nothing off this. So they wont help you. If you dont know some of this basic stuff like MSLs. You shouldn't be flashing custom roms.

Thread Information